FLSC guest policy

Local shooting clubs and leagues

FLSC guest policy

Postby numanoid on Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Hey all, I'm applying for a membership at FLSC and have a question for members. What is the policy for bringing guests as a member? I'm primarily a rifle shooter and am looking forward to adding some time to honing my skills (especially at 400 yards), but it's always more fun with a friend or family member. I looked at the site and didn't find the member rules there so I was hoping a member could enlighten me.

I'd love to hear about your experiences at the club as well.
numanoid

Re: FLSC guest policy

Postby nhluke on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:22 pm

I believe it's one guest. A spouse is also considered a member. If it isn't super busy (rare) and someone is introducing new shooters, it seems there is extra grace. It's more common sense/courtesy than a strictly enforced rule. Bringing someone and their kid doesn't seem to be a big deal. If they are left to themselves, dangerous, etc... then more people take notice
nhluke

Postby numanoid on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Thanks for the reply! If they have any availability I may just go up there and get a tour of the club, but I'd love to hear from members what it's like to shoot there. If it's usually really busy, what is the protocol for shooting and those waiting? For example, If I'm at the 100 yard rifle range (how many points are at each?) and people are waiting, what's the protocol? I've noticed there is a lot of emphasis on shotgun events/shooting, do the rifle and pistol lanes fill up as well?

I've never been part of a club before, but have spent a bit of time at 20+lane gun ranges with the lobby filled with people waiting.

Thanks for any insight. I want to join this club due to their ranges and proximity to the cities. I also have family in the area that may also want to join. I didn't see anything on the application regarding referrals, but if members get awarded for them, PM me and I'll be sure to honor it.

Thanks!
numanoid

Postby hammAR on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:05 am

The only time that there is "waiting" is either during open to the public sight-in days or during an scheduled event (when a particular range may be closed). I believe that there are 10 positions at the 100 yd range. I went out last Wednesday and on the rifle range (100-200-300-400) I was the only person from 1:00-3:00 and there were two folks on the 25. Last Saturday after the 2nd Saturday breakfast I went out and there was only one other person on the rifle range.

Just look at the calendar and plan appropriately...........
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs