Joining Dakota County club - should I?

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Joining Dakota County club - should I?

Postby dleong on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:39 am

Looking forward to meeting you guys out at the range sometime!
dleong

Postby hard h2o on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:51 pm

xd ED wrote:
ttousi wrote:
.....FWIW.....still haven't gotten an Oaksdale 2016 badge yet :roll:

Likewise

Have not seen mine either. I was hoping to see it before I my schedule day of range duty.

At least it works and gets me in the gate.
hard h2o

Postby xd ED on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:34 pm

hard h2o wrote:
xd ED wrote:
ttousi wrote:
.....FWIW.....still haven't gotten an Oaksdale 2016 badge yet :roll:

Likewise

Have not seen mine either. I was hoping to see it before I my schedule day of range duty.

At least it works and gets me in the gate.

Yeah, last I heard, the new badge covers would only be as big as needed to cover the '2015' with a '2016' sticker.
I was beginning to wonder if mine got lost in the mail. But as long as the gate opens I'll let someone else worry about it.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Josh189 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Got my DCGC badge yesterday, however it's a little late. My wife is most likely going to have our 2nd baby this week, then I'll have zero time to shoot. Hopefully in a couple months. I was hoping to go before he came but that's life I guess.

J.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby Rodentman on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Congrats on the baby. We have a couple of Grandkids that keep us busy. I don't know when I'll get to shoot again since my basement is getting dug up again for a water issue and this stuff needs to be moved.

And there's more than that. There are piles of gun cases in the living room. The ammo is completely separated from the firearms of course.

Who bought all this stuff? Did I buy all this?

On the upside, however, I DID find the primer I dropped on the floor a couple of years ago.
Rodentman

Postby ex-LT on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:31 am

Rodentman wrote:Congrats on the baby. We have a couple of Grandkids that keep us busy. I don't know when I'll get to shoot again since my basement is getting dug up again for a water issue and this stuff needs to be moved.

And there's more than that. There are piles of gun cases in the living room. The ammo is completely separated from the firearms of course.

Who bought all this stuff? Did I buy all this?

On the upside, however, I DID find the primer I dropped on the floor a couple of years ago.

You can move it over to my house. I promise I'll take good care of it ;)
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Joining Dakota County club - should I?

Postby Ron Burgundy on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:I will be mailing in my acceptance today to DCGC. I'm also a member of Pine Island. I plan on keeping both. Pine Island is about 1 hr from my house but the people and facilities are so great I don't want to give it up. I'm going to give DCGC a try but I really like PI.

Definitely looking forward to some comparison feedback once you get to try Dakota County club.

Went in Sunday and chrono'd a bunch and then blasted a bunch on the pistol range. I was there for two hours and had the place basically to myself......but that has generally been my experience at Pine Island, too.

It was nice to be able to drive 20 minutes to chrono vs 60 but I got bored pretty quick. Pine Island has a steel bay with a dueling tree and plate racks which is fun. You also have big side berms vs shooting at the low hanging target stringer at DCGC.

I'd say DCGC is good if you like stand and shoot at static targets. If you intend to set up movement drills this doesn't look like the place.

I don't shoot rifle so no comment on the rifle ranges at either place.
Ron Burgundy

Postby Ghost on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:35 am

I'm going for orientation tonight. Should be interesting.
Ghost

Postby Rodentman on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:25 pm

I went to DCGC the past 2 weekends. I am content to sit and shoot on the pistol range. My physical condition, or lack thereof, prevents me from spending long periods of time on my foot, so I am happy so far. I like shooting outside. I like OGC as well, but I use it mostly for rifle and it's a lot further away.

I plan to keep my membership so I'll have place to shoot if I live long enough to retire. The employer is going to pasturize a bunch of us, we just don't know when.

Most of the stuff is out of the basement. I am anxious to get the drain timing and new stump pump - a week from today.
Rodentman

Postby Ghost on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Looks like it will satisfy my needs
Ghost

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs