Joining Dakota County club - should I?

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Postby sprigfan on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:40 am

Well this definitely is concerning.

I attended new member orientation the other day. I left feeling comfortable with the rules and facility. It could definitely use improvements, but I understand not wanting to invest a bunch of money when they are on 1 year leases. We were told they can be evicted with 30 days notice. It does make me wonder though, if they are evicted, where does all the money go? We were told the club is doing very well financially. We were also told they are hoping for a 10 year lease soon. If that happens, we will see where the club goes from there.

The roads are a PITA. We were told the U put up the gates to stop the local idiots who like to go mudding when the opportunity presents itself.

With all of that said, I definitely won't be a member long if I experience the same BS as yukonjasper. It takes a special kind of stupid to cuss at someone who is clearly armed. I can deal with the work hours or paying $200/year instead. Since it is easily the closest club to my house, it is worth it to me. The guy that did our orientation seemed very laid back. Apparently other members not so much...
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Re: Joining Dakota County club - should I?

Postby Rodentman on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:05 pm

I was on the waiting list a long time, especially counting the couple of years for the list to open up. So I'll give it a try. As I near retirement I want to have several options for shooting. I don't understand why they couldn't have had the badges ready for the new people or at least given us the lock combp. No that has to come in the mail.

I sat thru the whole orientation and even went to the members' meeting last night. It's closer to my home than OGC and I don't shoot for hours at a time due to physical limitations. So we'll see... I am not bothered by the dirt road or the route.

If they get on my case for no good reason, I can always beat a hasty retreat.
Rodentman

Postby Ghost on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Surprised by the no covers, can I bring an ez up if I so choose?
Ghost

Postby sprigfan on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Ghost wrote:Surprised by the no covers, can I bring an ez up if I so choose?

Someone asked about that at my orientation. Yes you can bring your own, at least according to the guy that did our orientation.

He also said none of the frames have canopies because the wind has destroyed them all in short order.
sprigfan

Postby Ghost on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:03 pm

sprigfan wrote:

Someone asked about that at my orientation. Yes you can bring your own, at least according to the guy that did our orientation.

He also said none of the frames have canopies because the wind has destroyed them all in short order.

Good
Ghost

Postby Josh189 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:19 pm

sprigfan wrote:

I'm guessing I was the one that asked at orientation. I went to the 5PM orientation of the 7th. By the way, did anyone from that orientation get their credentials yet? I still haven't received mine.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby Rodentman on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:22 pm

I was at that orientation as well and have received nothing from the club.
Rodentman

Joining Dakota County club - should I?

Postby Ron Burgundy on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Same for me. I'm calling tomorrow. They had no problem cashing my check, it should t be a problem to send me my credentials.
Ron Burgundy

Postby Josh189 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:01 am

Cashed mine as well over a week ago. If I can find some time I'll call as well and post what I hear. Now I just have to find the number.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby sprigfan on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:58 pm

I came back to this thread to ask the same thing. I also have not received anything.
sprigfan

Postby Josh189 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Kind of pointless paying full price for losing out on 25% of the year already since dues are needed by April 1st of next year
Josh189

Postby dleong on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Just an observation: I was at the DCGC a few times over the past couple of weeks and noticed that a number of shooters had signed in with "NEW" in the "Badge Number" column. I am assuming these were new members who had attended orientation and were given the gate combination but had not received their badges yet.
dleong

Postby Rodentman on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:02 pm

I received my badge, combo and rule book today.
Rodentman

Postby ttousi on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:19 am

Rodentman wrote:I received my badge, combo and rule book today.

received mine as well...............even though I cancelled out :o

FWIW.....still haven't gotten an Oaksdale 2016 badge yet :roll:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby xd ED on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:32 am

ttousi wrote:
.....FWIW.....still haven't gotten an Oaksdale 2016 badge yet :roll:

Likewise
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs