Winter Rifle Range

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Winter Rifle Range

Postby xd ED on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:17 pm

bummey wrote:
hard h2o wrote:Oakdale Gun Club (OGC) is open to members year round. 100 yard and 200 meter ranges.

membership opens in the spring however so get on the waiting list now.

Membership renewals are deadlined in February. When I joined, I got my membership notification in October, one month after I put in a wait list reservation. If you sign up for the wait list now, you may get in at the beginning of the next cycle.

I believe the waiting list is about 300 right now.
I've turn over is about 200/ year, but I have no hard numbers on the latter.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Xscream on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Horse and Hunt isn't too far from you, but the cost is 500 annually.
Xscream

Postby Sigfan220 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:46 pm

Xscream wrote:Horse and Hunt isn't too far from you, but the cost is 500 annually.

The cost WAS $500. With tax it came to around $700 this year :shock: It's been going up every year. They say they are looking fore new members though. I would imagine guys are bailing like mad when the price goes up $150 every year or two.
Sigfan220

Winter Rifle Range

Postby LumberZach on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Sigfan220 wrote:
Xscream wrote:Horse and Hunt isn't too far from you, but the cost is 500 annually.

The cost WAS $500. With tax it came to around $700 this year :shock: It's been going up every year. They say they are looking fore new members though. I would imagine guys are bailing like mad when the price goes up $150 every year or two.

I joined for the first time this year. I don't intend on re-joining. $500 is too much, but with prices going up further it's not worth it. It could be so much better, but they just don't care that much about the rifle or pistol ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Postby atomic41 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:36 am

Sigfan220 wrote:

Yes, I'm one of the bailers. I can not justify the insane price for a range that is too short, (200 yards) and in terrible shape.
atomic41

Postby xd ED on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:48 am

atomic41 wrote:
Sigfan220 wrote:

Yes, I'm one of the bailers. I can not justify the insane price for a range that is too short, (200 yards) and in terrible shape.

I'm curious: What are the attractions and features that compel those who do pay up to be members there?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Winter Rifle Range

Postby LumberZach on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:25 pm

xd ED wrote:
atomic41 wrote:
Sigfan220 wrote:[quote="Xscream"]Horse and Hunt isn't too far from you, but the cost is 500 annually.

I'm curious: What are the attractions and features that compel those who do pay up to be members there?[/quote]

For me to join it was just that it was in prior lake and a short drive from home. I've been able to make it there for an hour or two after work several times which is nice. Getting to oakdale or another range during rush hour just won't allow the same.
I've never been legitimately worried about getting shot at any range in the cities other than horse and hunt. I was hoping the high price would weed out the idiots. That doesn't appear to be the case though. Unless someone start any kind of league there (other than the current sporting clay league) I don't intend to give them another $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:47 am

LumberZach wrote:...I don't intend to give them another $500.

Well according to the Horse and Hunt website they are up to $649 for the gun club membership now. Ouch.

I joined Beaverbrook and I'm happy. It's only about 30min from my house and even in rush hour it's not too bad. My only grip is the dirt roads leading in can be pretty bumpy at times but there's not a lot they can do about that.
grimbeaver

Postby Sigfan220 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:29 pm

grimbeaver wrote:
LumberZach wrote:...I don't intend to give them another $500.

Well according to the Horse and Hunt website they are up to $649 for the gun club membership now. Ouch.

I joined Beaverbrook and I'm happy. It's only about 30min from my house and even in rush hour it's not too bad. My only grip is the dirt roads leading in can be pretty bumpy at times but there's not a lot they can do about that.

Plus tax - they do not include tax in the membership like every other gun club in the state.
Sigfan220

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs