Looking for Trapshooting club

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Postby FlyingKat316 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Hey all,

New member here, looking for a trapshooting club that is open to the public near the TC's. I know some clubs look favorably on military members which I am one if that helps. Looking to keep the costs under $6 per 25. The club I currently use is Oakdale but this is the last weekend it is open to the public until June! :shock: So now I'm on the hunt for a new club.
FlyingKat316

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:36 pm

I don't know what their seasons are but I think this place was around $6 http://mplsgunclub.com
gun_fan111v2

Re: Looking for Trapshooting club

Postby 870TC on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:11 pm

BESA is worth looking at, they start trap/skeet/5-stand leagues in January/Saturdays. When they are open for those leagues you can just show up and shoot also. Believe Saturdays are still $5 a round. http://www.besamn.com/
870TC

Postby shooter115 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:13 pm

I'd check out the Forrest Lake Sportsmen Club. They have heated trap, skeet and I think 5 stand in the winter. Really well run club by good people. I'm not a member, but have shot a lot of 3 gun matches there.
shooter115

Postby FlyingKat316 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Looks like Bald Eagle as well as Forrest Lake are closed now to the public. The Minneapolis GC one looks promising.
FlyingKat316

Postby karlobag on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Also, check out Beaverbrook http://beaverbrook.us/. They have open trap shooting every Sunday from Noon to 4:00. I think they are shut down for maintenance for November, but start up again in Dec and run all year long.
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Postby LumberZach on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:39 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:I don't know what their seasons are but I think this place was around $6 http://mplsgunclub.com

Last time I was there it was $5 for youth and $10 for adults. This is pretty standard, but I haven't shot much trap in the past few years so it may have changed. Pretty decent range though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Postby striped1 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:25 am

Buffalo has a good one if you are on that side of town.
striped1

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:17 pm

You can always go to Metro Gun Club in Blaine. They may not be the cheapest but they are open more hours year around than anyone else. Most other clubs are only a few hours/days per week. Getting a membership and buying a punch card brings down the per round cost (if you shoot enough) on non-league rounds. Won't get down to $6 per round but that's the price you pay for being able to shoot just about anytime.
grimbeaver

Postby MN PTCT on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:54 am

You might take a look at Hudson Rod, Gun and Archery Club on the north end of Hudson, WI. If you haven't been there lately, there have been major improvements in the facility. 8 traps, 2 skeet, rifle, pistol and archery ranges. They offer daily memberships at $10.00 then $6.00 per round of trap. Annual memberships are $150.00 and allows you to buy 10 round punch cards for $50.00. Put in 8 work hours during the year and get half you membership fee back. Not that far from Oakdale.

I really enjoy shooting at Buffalo also. It's a 3 trap club offering trap only. Well run and maintained. They throw a lot of registered target as well if that is of interest to you. The first time I walked in there, I signed up for an ATA event. During the day, many of the members welcomed me by name. That impressed me and I've bee impressed ever since. Their ATA marathon rate was $20.00 per hundred for 2016.

Minneapolis, Forest Lake, Metro are all nice facilities but I don't think you will find $6.00 targets at any of them. I don't think any of them offer $10.00 targets to non-members. $11.50 is the number I seem to recall for non-members. You might find $6.00 targets at Beaverbrook if you find that handy to your location. The last I heard, South St. Paul has trap for non-members at $20.00 which includes a box of cheap shells.

Clubs within 100 miles that throw registered targets would be Minneapolis, Beaverbrook, Forest Lake, Buffalo, Winona, Owatonna, Del-Tone in St. Cloud, Monticello, Eau Claire and some smaller clubs that I have not yet visited. The registered targets at the higher priced clubs are usually cheaper than the non-member open shooting rates.

Have fun!!
MN PTCT

Postby DrewTea on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:23 am

Check out Plymouth GC. They're a small one-trap club, but their prices are 3.50 for members and 7.00 for non-members.

http://plymouthgunclub.org/?page_id=11
DrewTea

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs