OGC annual meeting

Local shooting clubs and leagues

OGC annual meeting

Postby hard h2o on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:13 pm

Just back from my first annual meeting.

It was well worth my time.

I will probably not do the lunch unless I am sure a member I know sill be there.

My buddy said he would be there but did not show.

A bit more contentious then I thought it would be.

The time for discussion is when the proclamations are posted or read at a monthly meeting. Not immediately prior to voting.
hard h2o

Re: OGC annual meeting

Postby hammAR on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:58 pm

I am glad to see that some things never change............. :lol:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Sooooooo, the resolutions are announced, voted on and then, after the vote, members are invited to voice their opinions?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby hard h2o on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:43 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Sooooooo, the resolutions are announced, voted on and then, after the vote, members are invited to voice their opinions?

The resolutions had been presented and there was ample time for discussion prior to the annual meeting. The guys complaining and trying to raise issues today either do not read the newsletter, do not read their e-mails, or do not attend the monthly meeting. I read the newsletter and my email but I have not attended a monthly meeting so I kept my trap shut. I knew the resolutions and no one added anything of substance to sway my vote.

How it works, and I believe this is true for most organizations, the resolutions are presented at monthly meetings.

At the monthly meetings there is discussion and amendment of the resolutions.

Generally they have to be presented in some way to the membership a minimum number of times according to bylaws. In the KofC it is 3 times. Whether by email, newsletter, read at a meeting...

Usually there is a certain period of time that has to pass from the first reading to the vote. Not sure if that is the case with OGC.

Once the time and number of readings has been satisfied they are brought before the membership and a vote is in order and no further discussion is allowed. The membership can say yes or no.

With the KofC the bylaws state:
what must be presented those 3 times and must go through the full process
what can simply be brought before the membership, discussed and voted on in one meeting
what can simply be voted on by the officers.

Depends on the issue, the size of the quorum needed for each type of issue, whether there is money involved...
hard h2o

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs