OGC range duty calendar

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: OGC range duty calendar

Postby hard h2o on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Sent a contact through the OGC website this afternoon. Just got a reply from the VP.

"The software that allowed RSO scheduling is being updated to a newer
version. I am told that it will be on line by the end of the month. I
am told there will be an e-blast to the members when this occurs."
hard h2o

Postby zeronozero on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:48 pm

The new website is still in process. RSO signups will be within two weeks, hopefully sooner. It is done, we just have a hosting issue and need to finalize testing. Members will be sent an email update when its ready. I started in as the new IT Director last month and am trying hard to get this finished with our vendor.

Aaron
IT Director, OGC
zeronozero

Postby hard h2o on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Thank you for the update. I am sure you are being inundated with messages about this.

Last update was April 14th and that said 7 to 10 days.

Hoping it is up and running well soon. Good Luck.
hard h2o

Postby zeronozero on Fri May 12, 2017 2:31 pm

We are uploading the members to the new site today. Hopefully it'll all go off without a hitch and members should get emails by Monday at latest and start signing up for hours.
zeronozero

Postby Rodentman on Sat May 13, 2017 12:26 pm

I got an email and reset my PW and can log in. I can find no way to access a calendar to sign up for range doody.
Rodentman

Postby xd ED on Sat May 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Rodentman wrote:I got an email and reset my PW and can log in. I can find no way to access a calendar to sign up for range doody.
Attachments
untitled.PNG
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hard h2o on Sat May 13, 2017 1:45 pm

I got the e-mail but I think they sent me the wrong one. The username did not match and I believe it was for another member with the same last name.

I went to the trap training today and they were printing up badge covers for those there to take the training.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Sat May 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Even logged in under what I believe is the wrong name it will not let me select a shift for range duty.
hard h2o

Postby xd ED on Sat May 13, 2017 3:29 pm

hard h2o wrote:Even logged in under what I believe is the wrong name it will not let me select a shift for range duty.

I got curious;
clicking on a specific date/ duty sent me back to the home page...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Rodentman on Sat May 13, 2017 5:02 pm

I logged, even though they changed my user name to my email, clicked on that Range Doody icon and got to the calendar but there is no place I can find where I can sign up for said doody.
Rodentman

Postby jdege on Sat May 13, 2017 5:15 pm

I clicked on the "forgot password"link, and got an email telling me my username was "Jack" and a link that contained a ':', which is an invalid character in a url, so I couldn't click on it.
jdege

Postby hard h2o on Sun May 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Rodentman wrote:I logged, even though they changed my user name to my email, clicked on that Range Doody icon and got to the calendar but there is no place I can find where I can sign up for said doody.

The username they sent me made zero sense as to my name, email, anything... The old one was first letter of first name and last name. New one was a full first name that made zero sense. That is why I think it was in error.
hard h2o

Postby Rodentman on Tue May 16, 2017 5:13 pm

I still cannot register for range doody. If anyone knows how to accomplish this, please advise. Thx
Last edited by Rodentman on Wed May 17, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodentman

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue May 16, 2017 5:39 pm

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:Hell, probably never.

I contacted them by e-mail multiple times about range duty and NEVER got a single response.

Pay your Hundred Dollars, and they can't even update your badge for 2 years.

I've lost faith in OGC and will hopefully be switching to GRRC.
I need to develop a new target rifle or two, one in 280AI, other in 416/50BMG (not the Barrett version).

To be fair they did publish in the news letter that they were not going to update the badges. I forget why but it was a conscious decision. There are member meetings and board meetings where you can address concerns. Also, as a hint, if you contact Teresa the GM she would be exceptionally helpful for all your needs. Remember as a member, you are a member, I look at that as I have a responsibility for myself above that of a customer but that might just be me.

The badge problem exists as it does for a couple reasons.
Rather than the traditional glue on card overlays, the 2016 upates were to be small '2016' stickers to paste over the 2015 date on the badge. That was delayed I believe, because of some printer issues. As the year progressed, that plan was abandoned.
Now the issue is the need to update the card reader system. So when that plan is put into action new card/badges will be issued.

Be thankful you're not a new member. As I understand it, new member inductions are on hold because there are not enough existing system cards for new members.
As to the timeline for the service calendar, there is someone new doing the webpage...whether or not his responsibilities include the calendar, I don't know, but if so it will get done right.

I'm just happy I live relatively close...

The badges in 2016 were NOT delayed for printer issues. Despite the badge system equipment only being 2 years old, John Opheim came up with the idea that printed stickers would be a lot cheaper, and while he said he would take care of it, the months flowed by with one excuse after another, and as a result there were no badge covers in 2016. In addition, Jimmy, the IT director who almost got the club fined $10,000 for drilling INTO a 400 amp mains box from the back side to tap into some 110 current with a couple of wire nuts and 16 ga lamp cord quit his IT job, and I'm guessing nobody else could figure out his complex system of hacks and patches. If Jerry Marah is still club President, then other Directors who were pulling their own weight may have also gotten tired of his verbal abuse and personal attacks during member and board meetings and resigned. I went up the website and there is ZERO information there as to who is running the club.

The real danger to the Oakdale Gun Club is the incredible speed with which the sleepy farms and a few small groups of houses around the club have turned into a vast suburban 1/4 acre lot development, due to Woodbury's plans to erect 500+ acres of shopping and businesses on the other side of the freeway. The noise issue is likely going to be the final nail in OGC's coffin, and the last guy who took a Director spot with the specific goal of getting an accurate sound study done to legally protect the club quit in disgust due to the petty infighting on the Board.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby j130wood on Fri May 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Anybody heard any updates on this mess? I've sent messages for the last two weeks and haven't heard a word. No response to any message, no updated user name or password. Does anybody at Oakdale know anything? I lost a lot of respect for this club after my first year, and nothing is doing anything to regain my respect.
j130wood

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs