OGC range duty calendar

Local shooting clubs and leagues

OGC range duty calendar

Postby hard h2o on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Anyone have word on when it will be posted?
hard h2o

Re: OGC range duty calendar

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Hell, probably never.

I contacted them by e-mail multiple times about range duty and NEVER got a single response.

Pay your Hundred Dollars, and they can't even update your badge for 2 years.

I've lost faith in OGC and will hopefully be switching to GRRC.
I need to develop a new target rifle or two, one in 280AI, other in 416/50BMG (not the Barrett version).
OldmanFCSA

Postby Erud on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:18 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:Hell, probably never.

I contacted them by e-mail multiple times about range duty and NEVER got a single response.

I need to develop a new target rifle or two, one in 280AI, other in 416/50BMG (not the Barrett version).

And what, 220 yards long range enough to stretch those boys out? How the heck far do you want to shoot, anyways? :cry:
Erud

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Erud wrote:And what, 220 yards long range enough to stretch those boys out? How the heck far do you want to shoot, anyways? :cry:

Ideally I would like a place to safely shoot 4500 yards. :mrgreen:

But will settle with practice at 1000 yards before attending other shoots.

If I develop data at multiple ranges, the data into a ballistic calculator becomes more accurate. Whether I can properly use that data is my major issue, but I will have fun.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Erud on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Hope you got your entry for Ko2M sent in early, I heard it filled up the first day!
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:23 pm

To be fair they did publish in the news letter that they were not going to update the badges. I forget why but it was a conscious decision. There are member meetings and board meetings where you can address concerns. Also, as a hint, if you contact Teresa the GM she would be exceptionally helpful for all your needs. Remember as a member, you are a member, I look at that as I have a responsibility for myself above that of a customer but that might just be me.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:24 pm

hard h2o wrote:Anyone have word on when it will be posted?

I the past if I recall it was typically more March or so before it was active.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

To be fair they did publish in the news letter that they were not going to update the badges. I forget why but it was a conscious decision. There are member meetings and board meetings where you can address concerns. Also, as a hint, if you contact Teresa the GM she would be exceptionally helpful for all your needs. Remember as a member, you are a member, I look at that as I have a responsibility for myself above that of a customer but that might just be me.

The badge problem exists as it does for a couple reasons.
Rather than the traditional glue on card overlays, the 2016 upates were to be small '2016' stickers to paste over the 2015 date on the badge. That was delayed I believe, because of some printer issues. As the year progressed, that plan was abandoned.
Now the issue is the need to update the card reader system. So when that plan is put into action new card/badges will be issued.

Be thankful you're not a new member. As I understand it, new member inductions are on hold because there are not enough existing system cards for new members.
As to the timeline for the service calendar, there is someone new doing the webpage...whether or not his responsibilities include the calendar, I don't know, but if so it will get done right.

I'm just happy I live relatively close...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Erud wrote:Hope you got your entry for Ko2M sent in early, I heard it filled up the first day!

It filled up in less than 6 hours. The only ones that could submit their entry early, were the top 10 from last year.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Erud wrote:Hope you got your entry for Ko2M sent in early, I heard it filled up the first day!

Therein lies another problem. The President of the FCSA wanted me to release the entries at a specified time to the Forum so entries could be better controlled, however one of his little helpers released the data without permission and ahead of schedule, thus all control was lost and shooting groups that attended last year did not get in. Two FCSA 50BMG shooters, one from Arizona who is a former FCSA World Champion got in at Number 11 out of a Class of 10, Another shooter from Wisconsin had his application initially rejected but got in on protest due to improper release of applications.
OldmanFCSA

Postby hard h2o on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:33 pm

What is this badge problem? Mine works. I do not care what date it says on the front.

With 2 kids, 1 heading off to college, I just like to get my schedule for the year down. I also like to get the dates that I would like. Nice getting it schedules to the wife does not book us up first.

Guess I am getting more and more cranky and impatient as the years pass.
hard h2o

Postby ttousi on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:00 pm

badge vs badge cover (self adhesive)
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby hard h2o on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:36 pm

ttousi wrote:badge vs badge cover (self adhesive)

As long as it opens the gate for me I do not care if I have a new cover each year.
hard h2o

Postby ttousi on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 am

hard h2o wrote:
ttousi wrote:badge vs badge cover (self adhesive)

As long as it opens the gate for me I do not care if I have a new cover each year.

yup...agree
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby jgalt on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:09 pm

re: badges - the issue was with the access control system itself, not the actual badges. They dealt with that at a special meeting after the February member meeting. Members should look for info about it in the next newsletter.

re: range duty registration - there is talk of rebuilding the website. If they do so, we may not be able to register for range duty until early May. If they don't, then it will be whenever they decide exactly what dates the club will be open to the public and whoever is entering the dates does so.

For those interested, there's a RFP for a new site here --> http://www.oakdalegunclub.org/?q=site-p ... guncluborg

It was posted last Friday with a deadline for submissions of next Tuesday (2/21).
jgalt

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs