Is Oakdale Gun Club Defunct?

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Is Oakdale Gun Club Defunct?

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri May 25, 2018 11:06 pm

So, I have about had it. When are the idiots running Oakdale going to get their head out of their rear ends and get the system up an running? Or at least get their emails to work?

They can't even seem to communicate to the membership anymore.

Is there anyone out there on the board who can respond or are the all just old effers who don't even know how to work a flip phone?

How can we have a requirement to serve range duty and not have a mechanism to sign up. Fricken ridiculous does not even begin to describe it at this time.
Holland&Holland

Re: Is Oakdale Gun Club Defunct?

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri May 25, 2018 11:07 pm

Anyone looking to get on the waiting list? Don't the club does not even exist anymore.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun May 27, 2018 10:19 pm

Yup 91 views and no response, seems about par for the course with our current leadership.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sun May 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Not a member so my comments won’t help and I know I’m a couple views now. Good luck.
Ghost

Postby jdege on Sun May 27, 2018 10:55 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So, I have about had it. When are the idiots running Oakdale going to get their head out of their rear ends and get the system up an running? Or at least get their emails to work?

Is there anyone out there on the board who can respond or are the all just old effers who don't even know how to work a flip phone?

How can we have a requirement to serve range duty and not have a mechanism to sign up. Fricken ridiculous does not even begin to describe it at this time.

I've been out there a couple of times, over the last month or so, and the range is running fine.

I'm not sure why they're having problems with their website.
jdege

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon May 28, 2018 6:33 am

I'm not a OGC member and haven't shot out there in years. I obviously don't know the club's dynamics, but I do sit on the BoD of two other gun clubs. The biggest problem I've found is everyone has a brilliant idea on how to make the club run better, as long as someone else does all the work.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby hard h2o on Mon May 28, 2018 5:41 pm

I saw your post and since I am not as curmudgeonly an OGC member as you I decided not to post.

Now you have changed my mind. If it is as bad as you claim why are you still a member? Why do you not leave and open up your spot for someone who will appreciate it more.

I was out on the trap range yesterday. I had 2 friends with me. I was planning on using one of the trap ranges. My badge did not work on house 2. There was a member and a teen on trap range 1. He explained that the new coordinator was premature in declaring the ranges open. He invited us to shoot with him.

Last week I came out and there were a couple of gentlemen shooting on range 1. Again they invited me to join them.

I have never had a less than favorable interaction with any member of OGC. Old or young, new member or long time member, board member, president, vice president, general manager...

Our ranges are well kept, policed, and repaired. I have never seen a member damage or leave a range in poor condition.

We have one glitch. Our IT system. That does not make the entire club defunct. I am annoyed as anyone. As long as we have great members and a superb facility we are a long way from defunct.

When we get a bunch of members who only see the negative and fail to see how good we it then we might be defunct. I hope your attitude is not contagious.

"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into ******** all day, you're the *******."

I have never run into one at OGC. Working the ranges I have only had positive interactions with our members. I guess that means I am not the *******.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Mon May 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:I'm not a OGC member and haven't shot out there in years. I obviously don't know the club's dynamics, but I do sit on the BoD of two other gun clubs. The biggest problem I've found is everyone has a brilliant idea on how to make the club run better, as long as someone else does all the work.

Been there with the Knights of Columbus.

I guess our former IT guy left us in a bit of a pickle. I hope they get it resolved soon. If not I am sure they will continue with a setup like we did for June and July.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon May 28, 2018 6:22 pm

hard h2o wrote:I saw your post and since I am not as curmudgeonly an OGC member as you I decided not to post.

Now you have changed my mind. If it is as bad as you claim why are you still a member? Why do you not leave and open up your spot for someone who will appreciate it more.

I was out on the trap range yesterday. I had 2 friends with me. I was planning on using one of the trap ranges. My badge did not work on house 2. There was a member and a teen on trap range 1. He explained that the new coordinator was premature in declaring the ranges open. He invited us to shoot with him.

Last week I came out and there were a couple of gentlemen shooting on range 1. Again they invited me to join them.

I have never had a less than favorable interaction with any member of OGC. Old or young, new member or long time member, board member, president, vice president, general manager...

Our ranges are well kept, policed, and repaired. I have never seen a member damage or leave a range in poor condition.

We have one glitch. Our IT system. That does not make the entire club defunct. I am annoyed as anyone. As long as we have great members and a superb facility we are a long way from defunct.

When we get a bunch of members who only see the negative and fail to see how good we it then we might be defunct. I hope your attitude is not contagious.

"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into ******** all day, you're the *******."

I have never run into one at OGC. Working the ranges I have only had positive interactions with our members. I guess that means I am not the *******.

I just want to do my range duty and oh I don’t know maybe have the VP s email work?

Sorry if you are not as frustrated as me. But if you think my aditude is bad check your own first
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Mon May 28, 2018 7:18 pm

jdege wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So, I have about had it. When are the idiots running Oakdale going to get their head out of their rear ends and get the system up an running? Or at least get their emails to work?

I've been out there a couple of times, over the last month or so, and the range is running fine.

I'm not sure why they're having problems with their website.

I heard from a member yesterday that the IT guy who left left us in a sorry state as far as the website and scheduling.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Mon May 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
I just want to do my range duty and oh I don’t know maybe have the VP s email work?

Sorry if you are not as frustrated as me. But if you think my aditude is bad check your own first

As far as OGC my attitude is just fine. I go out there and shoot. I have not had any issues emailing anyone I have needed to. I have been pleasantly surprised with the speed at which the VP has responded to my emails. My attitude toward other members is fine as well. As I mentioned I have never had a bad interaction with another member.

Yesterday I had an issue. The trap thrower quit when we had 1 or 2 birds left in our last round. I could not get the pump going. I shut it down as best I could and cleaned up. I texted Daryll as soon as I got home. He rushed right out and fixed it. Turned out it was GFCI that had tripped in the trap house. Pretty good response from our new trap coordinator.

I am itching to get my range duty days in the calendar as well. I have 4 days that I left open so I have options. If I had wanted June or July I would have just responded when the first emails went out. As it is I am being patient and either they will have the system up and running or I will respond when they send the emails out again. Bitching will not get it up and running faster. Getting your undies in a bunch will only cause you heartburn.

There are things you can control, things you have partial control of, and things you have no control of. As far as range duty scheduling I have no control over that. It would be wasted effort to piss and moan about it. I can just hope that those who do have control over it are doing something about it. They are members as well so I am sure they are not sitting around and laughing it up. I am sure they are getting enough grief from the membership. I am sure they are trying to get it fixed.
hard h2o

Postby ttousi on Mon May 28, 2018 7:42 pm

I heard from a member yesterday that the IT guy who left left us in a sorry state as far as the website and scheduling.

ding, ding, ding,.....we have a winner

I shall refrain from telling stories
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby hard h2o on Mon May 28, 2018 7:56 pm

Just messaged with an uncle. He said he just joined Willow River Rod and Gun Club. I went to their website and checked it out.

I am sure it is a nice club but it makes me appreciate all the more what we have at OGC. For the dues and time we put in annually we have a hell of a club and get a tremendous deal.

I have not shot on all the local ranges but I have shot on a few. OGC is a fabulous club with very good facilities.

The cleanliness, accessibility, location, members...

Hard to beat what we get for what we have to put into it.
hard h2o

Postby bstrawse on Mon May 28, 2018 8:16 pm

ttousi wrote:

ding, ding, ding,.....we have a winner

I shall refrain from telling stories

Same guy from history, I assume?

I'm not even a member anymore.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon May 28, 2018 8:18 pm

hard h2o wrote:Just messaged with an uncle. He said he just joined Willow River Rod and Gun Club. I went to their website and checked it out.

I am sure it is a nice club but it makes me appreciate all the more what we have at OGC. For the dues and time we put in annually we have a hell of a club and get a tremendous deal.

I have not shot on all the local ranges but I have shot on a few. OGC is a fabulous club with very good facilities.

The cleanliness, accessibility, location, members...

Hard to beat what we get for what we have to put into it.

I don’t disagree, and if you look at my previous posts over the years you will see I have been a strong proponent of OGC. However none of us will have memberships next year if we can’t sign up for range duty.

When you call the gm she says to email the VP. His email has been bouncing back for 2 weeks now.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs