Is Oakdale Gun Club Defunct?

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Is Oakdale Gun Club Defunct?

Postby hard h2o on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:24 pm

I learned from talking to a fellow member one of the reasons we members are not currently allowed to use the 2 new trap ranges like was recently announced.

The deal was that we, who are trained to run them, could use them as long as there was no one scheduled to use them. I was told that there are some members who had staked a claim to the new ranges and refused to yield when one of the high school teams showed up to use it at their scheduled time.

So a couple of bad apples ruined it for the rest of us.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 pm

hard h2o wrote:I learned from talking to a fellow member one of the reasons we members are not currently allowed to use the 2 new trap ranges like was recently announced.

The deal was that we, who are trained to run them, could use them as long as there was no one scheduled to use them. I was told that there are some members who had staked a claim to the new ranges and refused to yield when one of the high school teams showed up to use it at their scheduled time.

So a couple of bad apples ruined it for the rest of us.

Maybe, or the story you heard was a fabrication or over exaggeration by those who do not want the members to be able to use the equipment. I have no knowledge of this situation one way or the other, however I have experienced the attitude of those in charge of the trap equipment. They are already prejudiced against anyone who is a member so it does not take them much to determine that restrictions need to be in place and I have heard some "embellish" stories before.

Not trying to be negative, seriously I am not. But the email for the VP is apparently working again now but when you email him he just replys to your email with a blank response so you get your message back with nothing. Not sure if there is a training issue on how to use email there or what but I gotta say I am frustrated.
Holland&Holland

Postby j130wood on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:12 pm

I'm with H&H on the whole affair. It's utterly pathetic. I've given up trying to email anyone for answers. Too many emails bounced back as undeliverable. Now I see in the latest newsletter that there is a new address for the VP. So what? Too little, too late. I will be at the next meeting. I hope other members are also. It's time to get this sorry mess fixed.
j130wood

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:43 pm

j130wood wrote:I'm with H&H on the whole affair. It's utterly pathetic. I've given up trying to email anyone for answers. Too many emails bounced back as undeliverable. Now I see in the latest newsletter that there is a new address for the VP. So what? Too little, too late. I will be at the next meeting. I hope other members are also. It's time to get this sorry mess fixed.

I was planning on being at next week's member meeting but the high school trap team I coach shoots at Alexandria that day. I will be at the July one and come the end of the year annual meeting will remember who was in office this year.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 pm

If you've never been to a member's meeting, prepare to be underwhelmed.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:53 pm

xd ED wrote:If you've never been to a member's meeting, prepare to be underwhelmed.

Been to many. The best was when they wanted to raise the price of trap by a buck for members. You would have thought it was a California tax increase being proposed.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:32 pm

I started going to them when I retired, simply because I could not get there due to work schedules, I recall one old phart grousing as he wondered if he was going to have to buy a silencer after that new law got passed...my attendance tapered off after that.

I do commend anyone for stepping up, getting involved, and rattling a few cages.

Good Luck.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:02 am

I lost interest in OGC when they would not return ANY e-mails sent to them, and they would not honor or follow thru on any commitments they made prior with me about several training subjects.
End result - I let my membership expire, but interesting enough my ID still gets me thru the gate. I will turn it in upon a request from an OGC Officer. I don't shoot there anymore except as a guest of another member.

I have my own range at home and a 800+ yard range 1 mile away. Still looking for that 2-mile range nearby. A friend 40 miles away has a 1.5 mile range before corn gets too high.

I joined GRRC last year just before breaking my right knee. Still a member there but only shooting my 50 once shooting up leftover loadings from previous years of FCSA Match competitions. (Wowed a few members while shooting 1 hole 5-shot groups with rifle on bipod/monopod.)

Sincerely hope OGC gets their act together - its a great place to shoot.
OldmanFCSA

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:24 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:I lost interest in OGC when they would not return ANY e-mails sent to them, and they would not honor or follow thru on any commitments they made prior with me about several training subjects.
End result - I let my membership expire, but interesting enough my ID still gets me thru the gate. I will turn it in upon a request from an OGC Officer. I don't shoot there anymore except as a guest of another member.

I have my own range at home and a 800+ yard range 1 mile away. Still looking for that 2-mile range nearby. A friend 40 miles away has a 1.5 mile range before corn gets too high.

I joined GRRC last year just before breaking my right knee. Still a member there but only shooting my 50 once shooting up leftover loadings from previous years of FCSA Match competitions. (Wowed a few members while shooting 1 hole 5-shot groups with rifle on bipod/monopod.)

Do you mind sharing the name/location of the 800 yard range? I'm moving to Lk Elmo soon and would be very happy to have a long range that's not too far. (looks like you are in Osceola)
atomic41

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:30 pm

atomic41 wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:I lost interest in OGC when they would not return ANY e-mails sent to them, and they would not honor or follow thru on any commitments they made prior with me about several training subjects.

Do you mind sharing the name/location of the 800 yard range? I'm moving to Lk Elmo soon and would be very happy to have a long range that's not too far. (looks like you are in Osceola)

Neighbors hay field.
OldmanFCSA

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 pm

[/quote]

Do you mind sharing the name/location of the 800 yard range? I'm moving to Lk Elmo soon and would be very happy to have a long range that's not too far. (looks like you are in Osceola)[/quote]

Neighbors hay field.[/quote]

Thanks. I wish I could find a deal like that!
atomic41

Postby hard h2o on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:37 pm

In case you missed it another email was sent yesterday looking for your preferred duty days for August and September.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:02 pm

hard h2o wrote:In case you missed it another email was sent yesterday looking for your preferred duty days for August and September.

Getting closer :)
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Getting closer :)

Yep. My 4 days I had open are in August and September. Just waiting for an email confirmation.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:11 am

hard h2o wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Getting closer :)

Yep. My 4 days I had open are in August and September. Just waiting for an email confirmation.

Looking for October myself. Love the activity of deer season sight in. :D
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs