Club entrance's

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Club entrance's

Postby wasfuzz on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Ok we are upgrading our clubs gates, entrance area. It is up to me to figure out what "we" want. If any one has pics or can get them of your club's entrance post them up here so I can get a ideas, please! We are located on a State Hwy so we are trying to "class it up", but keep in time with our rural surroundings. Wells Rifle and Pistol Club, Wells MN.
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Re: Club entrance's

Postby hard h2o on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Try this link: https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9635347,-92.8981015,3a,75y,16.21h,85.87t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sbRKMttO2O4d45V14iYLt0w!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DbRKMttO2O4d45V14iYLt0w%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D20.013586%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Oakdale Gun Club. Automatic gate. Opened with card presented in front of the reader that is between the two orange posts. Gate automatically opens when a vehicle approaches for exit. I believe there is also a button in the club house to open or close.
hard h2o

Postby wasfuzz on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Awesome that is what I am looking for, we are installing every thing but the automatic gate this year and then switching over to keypad in the spring. All posts etc will be set and power run this year. We will build our own gate this winter.
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 pm

As stated above. OGC runs on a prox card system. Their is a switch in the classroom that keeps it in the open position when we are open to the public or have events. Otherwise it requires a card to activate the reader on the in side and motion on the exit side. Equipment like this can have some maintenance issues over time so be prepared but I think it works generally quite well.
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:As stated above. OGC runs on a prox card system. Their is a switch in the classroom that keeps it in the open position when we are open to the public or have events. Otherwise it requires a card to activate the reader on the in side and motion on the exit side. Equipment like this can have some maintenance issues over time so be prepared but I think it works generally quite well.

As long as I remember my badge it has worked great for me.

I understand we have had to do maintenance over the years but I have not seen it to be a terribly big problem. Other members who shoot more than me might have had access issues.

Issues with physical locks with keys or combinations. I have heard of other clubs having issues with missing keys and combinations being given out to unauthorized individuals.
hard h2o

Postby westhope on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:35 am

Faribault Rifle & Pistol Club also uses a "Prox Card" on an automatic gate. It has been more reliable than the old combination padlock on a manual gate. The only real problem is lightning occasionally trips a circuit breaker. We installed a breaker near the gate and tell members if the gate doesn't open, check the breaker. That seems to be working.

A real advantage to the "Prox Card" system is that if a member does not pay their dues or banded from the range only their card can be dropped. Members keep the same card every year so that helps too. Also, whenever a member enters and leaves with their card, it is recorded. Nice to know if there is something that happens at the range. Local authorities can have access if needed too. The gate can also be kept open for matches or classes.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby hard h2o on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:07 am

westhope wrote:Faribault Rifle & Pistol Club also uses a "Prox Card" on an automatic gate. It has been more reliable than the old combination padlock on a manual gate. The only real problem is lightning occasionally trips a circuit breaker. We installed a breaker near the gate and tell members if the gate doesn't open, check the breaker. That seems to be working.

A real advantage to the "Prox Card" system is that if a member does not pay their dues or banded from the range only their card can be dropped. Members keep the same card every year so that helps too. Also, whenever a member enters and leaves with their card, it is recorded. Nice to know if there is something that happens at the range. Local authorities can have access if needed too. The gate can also be kept open for matches or classes.

At OGC entrances are logged as well. Individual cards here can also be disabled. Our cards are also used for access to storage, clubhouse, class rooms, and access to the trap houses.

Members can individually have access customized. When you are trained on the trap machines you will have access to that granted whereas someone who is not will have a lower level of access to club facilities.
hard h2o

Postby grimbeaver on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:58 am

Beaverbrook started using prox cards a year and a half ago. Though I think it's just for the front gate so far. Works good, I even ran mine through the washing machine and dryer once by accident and it still works.
grimbeaver

Postby hard h2o on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:08 am

At OGC there is a different adhesive cover each year. First year member covers are different from existing members. It makes it so you can tell if someone is a current member. It also is nice to talk to new members and see if they need any questions answered.
hard h2o

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs