OGC Picnic

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: OGC Picnic

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:16 am

BigDog58 wrote:Will the new 350 Legend, that's a straight walled case (centerfire) be able to be hunted with, in areas that are designated as shotgun or handgun? It's been years since I hunted (last hunted in GA) and the MN rules, reads like War & Peace.

The laws it was intended to address are not MN regs.
Holland&Holland

Postby atomic41 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:55 pm

I have a membership renewal question for OGC. I'm finishing my first year, (don't recall start date). Do we get a letter or e-mail renewal notice/bill? Is it due on new year or start date of membership? I don't seem to be getting newsletter e-mails anymore. I thought I would ask here before trying to ask the grouchy bosslady :lol:
atomic41

Postby xd ED on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:43 pm

atomic41 wrote:I have a membership renewal question for OGC. I'm finishing my first year, (don't recall start date). Do we get a letter or e-mail renewal notice/bill? Is it due on new year or start date of membership? I don't seem to be getting newsletter e-mails anymore. I thought I would ask here before trying to ask the grouchy bosslady :lol:

You are almost out of time to renew without penalty.
I mailed mine in on 5 Nov.

From the Jan newsletter:
Notice for Membership Renewals
To help make it easier to renew your membership, I’ll have the cash register open in the clubhouse, the following dates and times for anyone who wants to renew by credit card:
Sat. Jan. 4th 9:00a – 1:00p
Wed. Jan. 8th 3:00p – 6:45p
After Jan 8th, 2020 a $50 late fee plus the membership dues is required to process your renewal. Member’s Dues not paid by February 1 will forfeit their membership in the Oakdale Gun Club.
Any questions, please let me know.
Teresa,

The newsletters for 2018,2019, and Jan 2020 are available to read and download on the website, in the members only area, under Members/ eBullet-Ins. You'll need to login to see them. (i'll try to download, and send the most recent copy via a PM)
When you log in, you should be able to check your profile/ info for correct email, etc.
There are renewal pdf forms in the recent newsletters that can be downloaded and printed. Given the late date, I wouldn't mail it. If you can't get to the club on Wednesday, you might want to call.

ETA: Cannot make attachments to PMs.
If you can't get into the website, PM me with an email address to use to send you a pdf of the latest newsletter.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:43 am

xd ED wrote:
atomic41 wrote:I have a membership renewal question for OGC. I'm finishing my first year, (don't recall start date). Do we get a letter or e-mail renewal notice/bill? Is it due on new year or start date of membership? I don't seem to be getting newsletter e-mails anymore. I thought I would ask here before trying to ask the grouchy bosslady :lol:

You are almost out of time to renew without penalty.
I mailed mine in on 5 Nov.

From the Jan newsletter:
Notice for Membership Renewals
To help make it easier to renew your membership, I’ll have the cash register open in the clubhouse, the following dates and times for anyone who wants to renew by credit card:
Sat. Jan. 4th 9:00a – 1:00p
Wed. Jan. 8th 3:00p – 6:45p
After Jan 8th, 2020 a $50 late fee plus the membership dues is required to process your renewal. Member’s Dues not paid by February 1 will forfeit their membership in the Oakdale Gun Club.
Any questions, please let me know.
Teresa,

The newsletters for 2018,2019, and Jan 2020 are available to read and download on the website, in the members only area, under Members/ eBullet-Ins. You'll need to login to see them. (i'll try to download, and send the most recent copy via a PM)
When you log in, you should be able to check your profile/ info for correct email, etc.
There are renewal pdf forms in the recent newsletters that can be downloaded and printed. Given the late date, I wouldn't mail it. If you can't get to the club on Wednesday, you might want to call.

ETA: Cannot make attachments to PMs.
If you can't get into the website, PM me with an email address to use to send you a pdf of the latest newsletter.

Thank you sir! That is exactly what I needed and just in time, I appreciate it! I live so close to the range I can hear shooters when conditions are right so I will stop in on Wednesday. Next order of business is find out why I dropped off the e-mail list.
Thanks again!
atomic41

Postby hard h2o on Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Glad you will be able to renew in time. I sent mine in a while ago and, not trusting the USPS, followed up with an e-mail to Teresa a bit later. She confirmed for me.

Good Luck.

I live in Oakdale. Sure is nice having the club 5 minutes from home.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Glad you found this out as well. We do not do the best job of communicating that to members in my opinion.
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:06 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Glad you found this out as well. We do not do the best job of communicating that to members in my opinion.

Everyone should read the newsletter. It is made clear when you join that you need to ensure your email address is kept up to date. It is made clear when joining how and when renewals are due and the consequences. It is made clear that the newsletter is monthly and you can read back issues on the website.

While I am glad this will have a good outcome there is some personal responsibility in knowing when bills and renewals are due. It is not the clubs job to hold everyone's hands and walk them through renewal each year.

I am sure it has been in the last few newsletters.

I understand the consequences and that is why I follow up to ensure my renewal has been recieved.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:43 pm

hard h2o wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Glad you found this out as well. We do not do the best job of communicating that to members in my opinion.

Everyone should read the newsletter. It is made clear when you join that you need to ensure your email address is kept up to date. It is made clear when joining how and when renewals are due and the consequences. It is made clear that the newsletter is monthly and you can read back issues on the website.

While I am glad this will have a good outcome there is some personal responsibility in knowing when bills and renewals are due. It is not the clubs job to hold everyone's hands and walk them through renewal each year.

I understand the consequences and that is why I follow up to ensure my renewal has been recieved.

I do as well and understand your point and agree that personal responsibility is important.

That said, we also have had 2 years where if you were not insistent on getting yourself signed up for range duty to the point of being annoying, you would not be. I do not have enough fingers and toes to count the number of communications I have sent to the club and it's officers (their current employee is much better at this so I do not lump her into this statement) that have gone unanswered. NOT trying to bash our club, but if we want to retain members we can and must to a little better job in some areas.
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:05 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
hard h2o wrote:

I do as well and understand your point and agree that personal responsibility is important.

That said, we also have had 2 years where if you were not insistent on getting yourself signed up for range duty to the point of being annoying, you would not be. I do not have enough fingers and toes to count the number of communications I have sent to the club and it's officers (their current employee is much better at this so I do not lump her into this statement) that have gone unanswered. NOT trying to bash our club, but if we want to retain members we can and must to a little better job in some areas.

Yep, I agree. from the last newsletter I have hopes that we will be able to easily sign up for range duty this year. I always try to sign up early to ensure I get the dates I need.

The GM has always returned my emails in a timely manner. Knowing that I could have an issue I try to double check my range duty signups and my renewal.

I am hoping that things will run smoother this year.
hard h2o

Postby aprilian on Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:21 pm

The VP and the staff worked with me to get my 2 days correct, but it was frustrating.

I had sent in an email asking about signing up for 1 of 2 particular dates (from the newsletter) and never heard back. So I used the paper sign ups in the clubhouse instead and went ahead to plan my other activities around that date. Email comes out on a Thursday that I have Range Duty on the Saturday, which I had asked for in the original mail, but I was no longer available. Emails with VP and GM straighten it out. Same email comes out for the second date I originally emailed about and that one also got resolved.

I sure think our volunteer officers and GM have better things to do than always clean up after the broken RO sign up. Fingers crossed for this year's process.
aprilian

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs