Oakdale Gun Club "OGC" Closure

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Oakdale Gun Club "OGC" Closure

Postby mc762x54R on Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm

mc762x54R wrote:
Drizzle wrote:Has anyone tried their card reader on the gate, or is Teresa padlocking it every time she goes out for groceries?

Given how well computers things work at the club, maybe the gate will just open...

I haven't. There's a big pink sheet a paper on the reader proclaiming that the board voted to shut the place down.

If they caught you they'd probably kick you out...for your own safety
mc762x54R

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:05 am

The board can't be bothered with taking care of the Paid Members. They're too busy planning how they are going to bring in more money from Non-Members! :tantrum:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:25 am

BigDog58 wrote:The board can't be bothered with taking care of the Paid Members. They're too busy planning how they are going to bring in more money from Non-Members! :tantrum:

Communication has never been a skill they possess.
Holland&Holland

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:05 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:The board can't be bothered with taking care of the Paid Members. They're too busy planning how they are going to bring in more money from Non-Members! :tantrum:

Here's what I heard

"The Board is in process of opening the range. Will require a vote of the Board and re-program of the gate before opening."
mc762x54R

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:10 am

mc762x54R wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Here's what I heard

"The Board is in process of opening the range. Will require a vote of the Board and re-program of the gate before opening."

All of that, should take less than 30 minutes to complete. Less than 15 minutes for board vote. Same for gate, which should be computerized
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ghost on Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:19 am

BigDog58 wrote:
mc762x54R wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Communication has never been a skill they possess.

Here's what I heard

All of that, should take less than 30 minutes to complete. Less than 15 minutes for board vote. Same for gate, which should be computerized

A quick conference call should cover the vote. They have no reason to keep it shut.
Ghost

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:21 am

[/quote]
Communication has never been a skill they possess.[/quote]

Here's what I heard

"The Board is in process of opening the range. Will require a vote of the Board and re-program of the gate before opening."[/quote]

All of that, should take less than 30 minutes to complete. Less than 15 minutes for board vote. Same for gate, which should be computerized[/quote]

And most of that could have been done yesterday, and why would it even need a vote? I'm going to the meetings after this. I didn't really care what they did around the club before, but now I'm worried every time this virus, or some other issue comes up their default will just be to close the range, then debate unnecessarily whether to open it.
mc762x54R

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:06 am

BigDog58 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You do know they don’t even know how to log into the computer right?
Holland&Holland

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:45 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You do know they don’t even know how to log into the computer right?

Well at least it's not a nice day for shooting or being outside. What's one more closed weekend at a place we payed for access too?
mc762x54R

Postby Drizzle on Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:49 am

I emailed the prez last night, asking for a decision. I'd recommend all interested members do the same.
Drizzle

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:06 am

Drizzle wrote:I emailed the prez last night, asking for a decision. I'd recommend all interested members do the same.

Did he respond? I emailed the secretary.
mc762x54R

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:15 am

Drizzle wrote:I emailed the prez last night, asking for a decision. I'd recommend all interested members do the same.

I’ve emailed him in the past he does not see emails.
Holland&Holland

Postby aprilian on Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:48 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

I wonder if that would be an acceptable answer for my lack of response to the club's emails to me about range duty? :D
aprilian

Postby xd ED on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:26 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

I sent an email to the BoD at Large though the webpage, when they first closed; never got a reply.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hard h2o on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:30 am

I sent my email to the president. I copied the secretary and the GM.

"I do not see a reason why a group of adult, law abiding, dues paying members of a private club can not be trusted to be responsible about our conduct.

Please reopen the range that I am paying for.

Please endeavor to provide us with a convenient method for signing up for range duty. If we have to use something like Signup Genius or similar or even the binders for us to stop in the club house to use."
hard h2o

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs