Oakdale Gun Club "OGC" Closure

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Oakdale Gun Club "OGC" Closure

Postby aprilian on Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:40 pm

I read everything and also missed that one.
aprilian

Postby jdege on Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:24 pm

hard h2o wrote:There was a father, young son, and grandpa. Dad and grandpa are members. They asked how I had gotten my 2020 badge sticker. Does no one read the emails or are they just selective in the ones they open. They obviously got the email saying we are open. Must have missed the ones that detailed how to show up prior to the meeting to pick up the badge sticker.

And those of us who don't attend the meetings?

Or check our spam filters regularly?
jdege

Postby atomic41 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Hey at least some of you actually receive e-mails and newsletters. I've been a member over a year and don't get them even though I've requested to be added to the list multiple times only to be ignored. I've actually thought about posting the question here about badge stickers and how we get new ones...so what did the e-mail say?
atomic41

Postby xd ED on Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:20 pm

I had to dig into the past newsletters, but did find this, in the Feb newsletter, I received in late Jan:
SAFETY & SECURITY
New Badges Covers
Hello Members!
I want to thank everyone that voted for me in the past election. That being said, I am working diligently to make the transition as smooth as possible. The returning member list has been submitted. These badge covers should be printed within the next couple of weeks. As a cost savings to the club, you will have the opportunity to pick up your new badge cover prior the Member meeting on March 11th. I will be there at 5:30pm to hand these out. This is a 90-minute window, as we will not let this interrupt the Member meeting, which starts promptly at 7pm. The Board meeting starts immediately following the Member meeting. There will be no badge covers handed out after 6:55pm.All badge covers that are not picked up at this meeting in March will be mailed to the members. Should you have and questions, comments or concerns, please address them to: Security@oakdalegunclub.org

Patrick McNeil
Safety & Security Director
Oakdale Gun Club

I wonder how it would have went if 20% of the membership would have opted to pick up their badges at that time....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Drizzle on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Guessing they were not mailed in March. The mail is often slow, but I could walk it from the club to my house in a month...no matter, as the prox cards still work.

And yes, I emailed. No response yet.
Drizzle

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:03 pm

xd ED wrote:I had to dig into the past newsletters, but did find this, in the Feb newsletter, I received in late Jan:
SAFETY & SECURITY
New Badges Covers
Hello Members!
I want to thank everyone that voted for me in the past election. That being said, I am working diligently to make the transition as smooth as possible. The returning member list has been submitted. These badge covers should be printed within the next couple of weeks. As a cost savings to the club, you will have the opportunity to pick up your new badge cover prior the Member meeting on March 11th. I will be there at 5:30pm to hand these out. This is a 90-minute window, as we will not let this interrupt the Member meeting, which starts promptly at 7pm. The Board meeting starts immediately following the Member meeting. There will be no badge covers handed out after 6:55pm.All badge covers that are not picked up at this meeting in March will be mailed to the members. Should you have and questions, comments or concerns, please address them to: Security@oakdalegunclub.org

Patrick McNeil
Safety & Security Director
Oakdale Gun Club

I wonder how it would have went if 20% of the membership would have opted to pick up their badges at that time....

I do remember that now.
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:16 pm

As long as your badge opens the gate and lets you into the trap and storage areas does it matter what color it is?
hard h2o

Postby xd ED on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:45 am

New badge cover arrived in today’s mail.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:01 am

hard h2o wrote:As long as your badge opens the gate and lets you into the trap and storage areas does it matter what color it is?

Because if it is not the correct color other members will tell you to leave and make an issue of it.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:17 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
hard h2o wrote:As long as your badge opens the gate and lets you into the trap and storage areas does it matter what color it is?

Because if it is not the correct color other members will tell you to leave and make an issue of it.

Sounds like a welcoming place
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:39 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Most, almost all I would tender, are very nice, stand up folks who are extremely helpful and welcoming. We do have a few bad apples though.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:15 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Because if it is not the correct color other members will tell you to leave and make an issue of it.

Most, almost all I would tender, are very nice, stand up folks who are extremely helpful and welcoming. We do have a few bad apples though.

Yep; most simply like shoot, b.s. a bit, shoot some more.
I'm guessing we'll soon be running into tactical squads...checking names and addresses.... carrying disinfectant sprayers...maybe even flame throwers for the extreme violators.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Nothing goes together better than crusty old grumps and shooting sports........

Get off my lawn.........
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Ghost wrote:Image

I think I saw someone posting that sign at the front gate.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs