Oakdale Gun Club "OGC" Closure

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Oakdale Gun Club "OGC" Closure

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:53 pm

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:I thought I heard one golf course that was going to open.

Found it Stonebrooke is staying open.

This just posted.

Can I golf? Gov. Tim Walz is still figuring that out

As Minnesota’s two-week stay-at-home order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 goes into effect on Friday night, golfers around the state have a big question on their mind: Will they be able to play?

The answer, right now, is no. But while Gov. Tim Walz ordered golf courses and country clubs to close as part of an emergency executive order signed last week, the governor said on a Friday conference call that he was still looking into the issue.

Can I go hit a bag of balls on the schools soccer field? Or is it war on golf in general?
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 pm

Ghost wrote:
xd ED wrote:

This just posted.

As Minnesota’s two-week stay-at-home order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 goes into effect on Friday night, golfers around the state have a big question on their mind: Will they be able to play?

The answer, right now, is no. But while Gov. Tim Walz ordered golf courses and country clubs to close as part of an emergency executive order signed last week, the governor said on a Friday conference call that he was still looking into the issue.

You better ask the gov. Apparently the models he used that are predicting up to 74,000 fatalities in MN, did not foresee the weather warming up, when he made the ruling 2 weeks ago.
Can I go hit a bag of balls on the schools soccer field? Or is it war on golf in general?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 am

Ghost wrote:
xd ED wrote:

This just posted.

Outdoor recreation is allowed.
Holland&Holland

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:29 am

The only problem with golf as I see it is if you manage to put that little while thingy in that hole in the ground you have to pick it back out of that round hole in the ground. Do you spray disinfectant into the hole with your ball in it or do you pick the little white ball out of the round hole in the ground and then disinfect the little white ball and your hands. Oh oh what about those things that they call ball cleaners? Are the height adjustable. Those that are inseam challenged need to know.
Sorcerer

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:19 am

Sorcerer wrote:The only problem with golf as I see it is if you manage to put that little while thingy in that hole in the ground you have to pick it back out of that round hole in the ground. Do you spray disinfectant into the hole with your ball in it or do you pick the little white ball out of the round hole in the ground and then disinfect the little white ball and your hands. Oh oh what about those things that they call ball cleaners? Are the height adjustable. Those that are inseam challenged need to know.

When you walk outdoors your shoes touch the sidewalk. Maybe someone sneezed on that walk? Did you disinfect your shoes when you got home?
Holland&Holland

Postby rtk on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am

Turn the cup upside down and put the flag back in and you are all set. No fishing the ball out.....
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:20 pm

rtk wrote:Turn the cup upside down and put the flag back in and you are all set. No fishing the ball out.....

Yep; wouldn't be rocket surgery to stuff the cup 90% full of rags, rocks, dead gophers....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hard h2o on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:49 pm

Sorcerer wrote:The only problem with golf as I see it is if you manage to put that little while thingy in that hole in the ground you have to pick it back out of that round hole in the ground. Do you spray disinfectant into the hole with your ball in it or do you pick the little white ball out of the round hole in the ground and then disinfect the little white ball and your hands. Oh oh what about those things that they call ball cleaners? Are the height adjustable. Those that are inseam challenged need to know.

Yep, as was mentioned the courses that are staying open are turning the cups upsidedown
hard h2o

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:10 pm

xd ED wrote:
rtk wrote:Turn the cup upside down and put the flag back in and you are all set. No fishing the ball out.....

Yep; wouldn't be rocket surgery to stuff the cup 90% full of rags, rocks, dead gophers....

Ghost

Postby Drizzle on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:14 pm

I have an unusual schedule and was planning to go to OGC on my days off midweek, to allow those who have to work the time to go on weekends. I was planning to maintain appropriate distance and not stay long, so having the club overlords choose to close it completely is disappointing.

Are many (or most) board members an age where they need to stay home completely? I'm guessing this is allowed somewhere in the bylaws, but of course I haven't read them. Has anyone found anything regarding this situation, or was it a unilateral decision? I didn't see any notice of a meeting. Maybe I'll find the email and ask. (edit-I reread the email and see the board decided).

As mentioned, no other range is closed. WTF.

I've already been looking for alternate places to shoot, and this is another brick in the wall of that argument.
Drizzle

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:40 pm

This, might comply with the Governors order, and also solve the issue of contamination from a golfer

Golfball at 300 yds.jpg
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:18 pm

Ghost wrote:
xd ED wrote:

You want me to kill all the golfers?!?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby wrench on Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:10 pm

As mentioned, no other range is closed. WTF.

Yikes, River Falls Sportsmans is closed, my other club. :(
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:44 pm

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 pm

Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs