Gun store/ range permanently closed

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Gun store/ range permanently closed

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Osseo gun club permanently closed. May have been raided by the ATF. The news article referenced unfavorable business conditions. Also stated that Bill's would honor those that had memberships.
Sorcerer

Re: Gun store/ range permanently closed

Postby jdege on Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:19 am

https://www.hometownsource.com/press_and_news/free/osseo-gun-club-abruptly-closes-its-doors/article_24d0ce34-7430-11ee-9c55-ef97270e7077.html
Osseo Gun Club abruptly closes its doors
The Osseo Gun Club has closed its doors after 10 years in the community of Osseo. It first opened to the public in December 2014.

The following is a statement from the Gun Club on Oct. 26:

“We are saddened to inform all our good friends and loyal customers over the last 10 years, that the owners have decided to retire and close Osseo Gun Club permanently effective Oct. 22, 2023. The owners and staff want to thank all concerned for their business over the years and we wish everyone the best.”

The statement continued, “We will be contacting customers with outstanding items for pick up in the next week to schedule appointments regarding their specific transaction and are working with the ATF on expediting approval for all NFA items.

“All current prepaid and lifetime members may show their current OGC membership card for use at any Bills Gun Shop location, all monthly memberships ceased billing last Sept 19th and may present their card for a discount membership at any Bills Gun Shop location.”
jdege

Postby bstrawse on Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:27 am

Sorcerer wrote:Osseo gun club permanently closed. May have been raided by the ATF. The news article referenced unfavorable business conditions. Also stated that Bill's would honor those that had memberships.

We aren't aware of any ATF raid of Osseo, where is that information coming from?
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:06 am

With the shortage of places to shoot, if they decided to retire, I would think they could have easily sold their business. Unless there was some kind of conditional use permit restricting it.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:21 pm

Hear say on the raid. With the opening of the Modern Sportsman in Blaine by North Town and the new range and store off 610 in Brooklyn Park there should not be a shortage of places to shoot. At least on the north west end of the cities. Range USA is the one to open “soon” in Brooklyn Park.
Sorcerer

Postby mmcnx2 on Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:10 pm

Rumor also has it they were not paying their suppliers. If that is true they may have bleed the business in the last 90 days to pocket a bunch of cash and leave the creditors hanging. It will be interesting to see what happens to the building, not sure if they owned it or leased it.
mmcnx2

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:18 am

That sucks
Holland&Holland

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:55 am

This news did not surprise me in the least. I know multiple people who had bad experiences with the owner and refuse to go back. Their "trip to the hood" advertising promotion was beyond idiotic too.
grimbeaver

Postby Markemp on Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:07 am

grimbeaver wrote:This news did not surprise me in the least. I know multiple people who had bad experiences with the owner and refuse to go back. Their "trip to the hood" advertising promotion was beyond idiotic too.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-ne ... o-the-hood

Yikes. I was wondering how bad could it be, and… yeah.
Laws and regulations preserve freedom by striking a balance among individuals' liberties.
Markemp

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:18 am

Markemp wrote:
grimbeaver wrote:This news did not surprise me in the least. I know multiple people who had bad experiences with the owner and refuse to go back. Their "trip to the hood" advertising promotion was beyond idiotic too.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-ne ... o-the-hood

Yikes. I was wondering how bad could it be, and… yeah.

While a dumb marketing the facts are your beloved Minneapolis is not as safe as you would report it to be. If one can’t avoid it one should consider being armed when in it.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:20 am

Oh i forgot, when you Minneapolis folks are not committing fraud with state dollars you are busy building roads in rural Minnesota.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:24 pm

They lost me when, early on, they began referring to themselves as ‘OGC’.

Speaking of idiotic, what ever became of the place that offered the ‘Get bin laden experience’?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:17 pm

xd ED wrote:

They lost me when, early on, they began referring to themselves as ‘OGC’.

Speaking of idiotic, what ever became of the place that offered the ‘Get bin laden experience’?

As far as ranges go, they were actually quite nice. I went there several times over the years. Their shop prices never seemed to be great but on par with say a Bills.
Holland&Holland

Postby americos on Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:06 pm

Auction Notice From K-BID
Osseo Gun Club Retirement!
Everything Must Go - ENDS 12/12
americos

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:23 pm

Went by there today, big sign “for sale” commercial property.
Sorcerer

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs