Next 3 gun this Sunday March 15th at Deltone

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Next 3 gun this Sunday March 15th at Deltone

Postby Fast351 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:30 am

Come on out, join us for this shoot! I guarantee you that you'll have fun.

I have some gear that can be borrowed if I know in advance about it.

You need a pistol with a pile of mags (you should have the capability of having 50 rounds in magazines).
A centerfire rifle of some sort. ARs are the most popular. Two magazines should be all you need, you can pocket carry the extra.
A shotgun of some sort. Semi-autos with extended tubes rule the roost, but many do very well with a 5 shot pump.

100 rounds birdshot, 100 rounds pistol, 100 rounds rifle, and 10 shotgun slugs. You'll go home with some ammo, depending on how much you miss.

$30 to shoot 4 stages, be there at 9am, you should be out of there by 3pm. Visit http://www.del-tone-luth.com for directions.
Fast351

Re: Next 3 gun this Sunday March 15th at Deltone

Postby Keith on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:54 am

I, too, have gear that could be loaned out.
Yeah, but I shoot with THIS hand.
Keith

Postby macphisto on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:31 am

That sounds awesome and would be good training for the zombie match. I hope to be there.
macphisto

Postby Rem700 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:56 am

Looks like fun, But dang I would need a part time job just for ammo :shock: Well thats if you can find any to purchase.
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby Keith on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:50 am

For this match I used...
68 rifle rounds. (stupid steel targets kept jumping out of the way) If my memory is correct, I think it could have been done with 56 rounds if you didn't miss.

64 pistol rounds.

48 birdshot and 8 slugs. Again, I took about 4 extra shots with the birdshot.
Keith

Postby Rem700 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:44 pm

I didnt mean to sound like I was slamming the shoot, I have very much wanted to try shooting one of these since first hearing about them. With my limited shooting skills I would probably need more then the 100 100 100 10 rounds, The only thing right now more limited then my shooting ability is my income. :( :cry: :cry:
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

Rem700

Postby Keith on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:51 am

Rem700 wrote:I didnt mean to sound like I was slamming the shoot, I have very much wanted to try shooting one of these since first hearing about them. With my limited shooting skills I would probably need more then the 100 100 100 10 rounds, The only thing right now more limited then my shooting ability is my income. :( :cry: :cry:

I certainly didn't take your post as a slam. Your comments are totally understandable and a real concern these days.
In fact, if they keep getting as many people as they did on Saturday, they could back off the round count a little and I don't think anybody would complain.
Keith

Postby Rem700 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:56 am

Questions
Are sights required(needed) on shotgun or would just a bead suffice.
At what distance are slugs shot and any particular slug to buy.
Birdshot what size shot and load wt. Wally World 100rd field pack or whatever
Choke and shotguns not much in options
Moss 500 20" cylinder beaded 7+1 or
Moss 500 combo pk-scoped slug barrel & 28"beaded field barrel with screw in tubes 5+1
IAC 93/97 18 1/2" beaded screw in tubes and 5+1

I only own one AR :shock: :(
I have only shot this to 100yds with open sights guess I could throw on a 3X9 something or other.

Pistols
Kimbers,XD45, M&P 9mm

April 19th next shoot whats the range like dont know if shooting prone in 4'' of mud is part of the shoot or not or optional :P

Still would like to give this a try if I can manage to scrape together the funds :roll:
Thomas Jefferson

Rem700

Postby Keith on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:14 am

I run a simple bead on my Benelli. Anything else just slows me down. I am however thinking about milling a dovetail into the rear of the rib to install a flip up 10/22 rear sight for some longer slug shots. At DPMS we usually don't go past 50 yards with slugs but he may make it interesting and throw some no-shoots in there to keep you honest. REduced recoil slugs will save your shoulder.

Most folks run 7 1/2 or 8 birdshot but no bigger than # 6 at Del-Tone. I like 1 1/8 ounce and at least 3 drams to run the semi's. Walmart bulk packs are just fine. Cylinder bore could be a problem if the steel is set out a little further than normal or if we have to set the steel heavy because it is windy. Still, if you hit them square, they should go down. Most people run IC all the time around here.

As for the rest, shoot what you are comfortable with. 9mm or larger handgun. (high capacity is nice)
Iron sights are fine on the rifle. 200 yard max at Del-Tone.

You shouldn't have to worry about going prone in the mud. They usually put out a big table if they make you go prone and you have to shoot from on top of that.
Keith

Postby Keith on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:22 am

Forgot to mention that on Sunday March 29th there is going to be a tactical shotgun match at GRRC club up in Harris.
5 stages to include slugs out to 75 yards maybe. The rest all birdshot but he is recommending (not requiring) 25 rounds of buckshot to help take the bowling pins down on the one stage.

Don't know for sure, but sign up is usually around 9 and shooting starts around 10.
$30 entry fee to include a lunch.

Bring 20 slugs
75 birdshot
25 buckshot also recommended.
Keith

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs