Has anyone used Defensive Egde SLR15 for training?

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Re: Has anyone used Defensive Egde SLR15 for training?

Postby justaguy on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:29 pm

Well I can see this forum going to ****.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby rucker on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:38 pm

justaguy wrote:Well I can see this forum going to ****.

You guys are going to give me a **** ulcer. :roll:

Against all advice I made the rules extremely lenient. They can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2071#p22205

I honestly don't care what you say or who you say it to. It is up to the poster to accept responsibility for their actions though. You can do it once per 30 days with no consequence. Do it twice though (in a 30 day period) and you can't log in for a day. I don't think I have ever been a member of a forum with such lenient rules.

If you think the rules aren't fairly applied then that is something we can discuss. I am asking a favor of everybody here: Please send me a PM and let me know your thoughts on the matter.
rucker

Postby justaguy on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Mr. Rucker
Sorry for making your life hell not what I wanted to do.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:07 pm

HE'S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!!!!

5 pages before I start in.....................Rucker can you check, I thought I was supposed to be in on these things on page 1, or 2 at the most. WTF.

Yukonjasper, welcome to the board 8-) as you kind of got thrown in at the deep end, it proves my favourite adage to the new folks, THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS.........THE ANSWERS YOU GET ARE ANOTHER MATTER. ...........so sorry about that.

Defensive Edge..........can't tell you anything.......sorry.
There is another forum, MN based, that has alot of good information, some of it trickles over here, but cards are held closely to the chest for some reason, unlike this board, which is VERY open, and info is free to all. Characters abound on both boards, some have the privelege of being on both, others stay on one or the other...........................SOME on here were "sent to Coventry" by "The Emperor" (personnal nametag).
Amazingly enough, those banished, I trust to have my back if the SHTF, as well as look foreward their knowledge sharing, been there done that, real life experiences AND, their inane ability to put a smile on my face almost everyday. For that guys........A BIG THANKYOU!!

Rucker, again thankyou for taking in the orphans.

Why did HammAR get a time out? All I read, (and I haven't re-read his post) but he was criticizing ACTIONS and WORDS.
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby nyffman on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:52 am

BRIT_in_the_weeds wrote:Why did HammAR get a time out? All I read, (and I haven't re-read his post) but he was criticizing ACTIONS and WORDS.

I've been busy and out of touch lately. You guys get way out of hand without adult supervision. And, I have to ask the same question as Brit. I don't suppose this is open to any kind of review? Let's not pollute this board with crap from the other place.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby cmj685 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:37 am

I composed this as a PM to Rucker, and then I decided to post it publicly. I am not typically a confrontational kind of guy, but maybe it is time to just come out and say publicly what many, many of us are thinking and have been talking about in our private conversations. Fortunately I carry a gun, so I guess I am not too afraid of the consequences. :)

Rucker,
Wanted to tell you again, in light of the most recent controversy, how much we appreciate you and all the amazing work you have done on the forum. And so sorry that these controversies keep coming up over and over! It looks like it is the same small group over and over again who keep causing the controversies-- at least it looks like that to someone who is just a casual observer and doesn't have inside info. It appears that these couple of guys simply won't leave the old stuff behind. The rest of us are sick to death of it, but they just won't let it go. I don't have any solutions--wish I did. No question that the forum's reputation has suffered considerably because of it--I hear that comment frequently around town. You deserved far better!
Mike Johnson
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:49 am

cmj685 wrote:I composed this as a PM to Rucker, and then I decided to post it publicly. I am not typically a confrontational kind of guy, but maybe it is time to just come out and say publicly what many, many of us are thinking and have been talking about in our private conversations. Fortunately I carry a gun, so I guess I am not too afraid of the consequences. :)

Rucker,
Wanted to tell you again, in light of the most recent controversy, how much we appreciate you and all the amazing work you have done on the forum. And so sorry that these controversies keep coming up over and over! It looks like it is the same small group over and over again who keep causing the controversies-- at least it looks like that to someone who is just a casual observer and doesn't have inside info. It appears that these couple of guys simply won't leave the old stuff behind. The rest of us are sick to death of it, but they just won't let it go. I don't have any solutions--wish I did. No question that the forum's reputation has suffered considerably because of it--I hear that comment frequently around town. You deserved far better!
Mike Johnson

And which couple might they be?

7?.............9?..........12?
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby Aceq2jot on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:53 pm

BRIT_in_the_weeds wrote:
cmj685 wrote:I composed this as a PM to Rucker, and then I decided to post it publicly. I am not typically a confrontational kind of guy, but maybe it is time to just come out and say publicly what many, many of us are thinking and have been talking about in our private conversations. Fortunately I carry a gun, so I guess I am not too afraid of the consequences. :)

Rucker,
Mike Johnson

And which couple might they be?

7?.............9?..........12?

Yeah who are you talking about???

And actually i hear nothing but good stuff around town at the two gun ranges i frequent on a regular basis including the one where they ( I think i wont go there but believe me you dont have any friends at a couple of ranges ).

Anyhow if you dont like what people say, i would say prehaps you should find some where else to hang out, like that one guy who name escapes me now. That is the joy of the free world you actually have the choice to bugger off if you dont like it here, as i am sure no one is making you stay and it seem a majority of people seem to disagree with you judging by all the P.M's i have recieved the last couple of days :D

But it is your choice where you go for reading on the Net, and personally if i dont agree with what they say on a board in the "private section" ;) or the public section i just go somewhere else.

And i would take it these private conversations are conducted on another board, as you have refferenced that board on several occasions in reference to members of this board.

Also i consider this statement
cmj685 wrote:Fortunately I carry a gun, so I guess I am not too afraid of the consequences. :)

To be threat :o :o But hell i am not worried, as i am a lot faster an accurate than i was 9 months ago :D

And i was wondering what stuff you are reading?? I think it is more of people coming over here liking it and staying and people bitching about them leaving.

We seem to have a lot of people on here who really have a lot of fun and the atmosphere is not dry like other places and we have several chuckles :)
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Give it a rest already - EVERYONE

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby rucker on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:47 pm

I have gotten a lot of advice in the last couple of days and will do my best to act on it.

Pinnacle wrote:Give it a rest already - EVERYONE

Listen to this ^ PLEASE This thread is worn out... move on... seriously.
rucker

Postby ttousi on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:12 pm

rucker wrote:I have gotten a lot of advice in the last couple of days and will do my best to act on it.

2nd the motion
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby rucker on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:16 pm

ttousi wrote:
rucker wrote:I have gotten a lot of advice in the last couple of days and will do my best to act on it.

2nd the motion

Motion passed and thread locked :lol:

If you want to talk about Defensive Edge start a new thread. If you want to complain about the forum, it's users, or it's administration start a new thread. If you want to make suggestions.... well, you get the idea ;)
rucker

Previous

Return to Training