Are there any Canadian firearm instructors out there?

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Are there any Canadian firearm instructors out there?

Postby JRBackus on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm interested in getting my Canadian Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) for bringing firearms into Canada, but I can't find any instructors in the Minneapolis area that teach the required Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC). I would prefere not to have to drive all the way to Canada just to take the exams so I was hoping that someone around here was certified.

Are there any instructors that teach either of these courses in the area?

Thanks!

--Jeremy
JRBackus

Re: Are there any Canadian firearm instructors out there?

Postby greglox on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 am

What did you find out? I just again travelled to CA and had to register my guns...I'd like to be done with that process and get my PAL. I'm also in the Mpls area. I have hunter friends in the Alexandria area and 5+ years ago they found someone travelling through that was giving the CFSC class.
greglox

Postby shadeslanding on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 am

JRBackus wrote:I'm interested in getting my Canadian Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) for bringing firearms into Canada, but I can't find any instructors in the Minneapolis area that teach the required Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC). I would prefere not to have to drive all the way to Canada just to take the exams so I was hoping that someone around here was certified.

Are there any instructors that teach either of these courses in the area?

Thanks!

--Jeremy

The PAL course is taught ONLY by Canadian citizen instructors. You'll have to wait for Cabella's to host the PAL sessions again. My company hosted a session with a guy at GM stores a while back (a long while back). I might have his name and number still around here somewhere. He used to travel in an RV and hold his classes in that (they only took about 45 minutes). I'll see if I can find his number and if he is still doing the training.
========
Shade's Landing Inc. FirearmsAndLiberty.com ShadesLanding.com
Home of the ORIGINAL Multistate Carry Course for Minnesota offering multi-state carry courses since 09/2003.
Over 9,000 citizens trained to arms since 2003
========
shadeslanding

Postby shadeslanding on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:42 am

Here's the guy...

http://www.canadapal.com/

Call him or check his travel schedule.
========
Shade's Landing Inc. FirearmsAndLiberty.com ShadesLanding.com
Home of the ORIGINAL Multistate Carry Course for Minnesota offering multi-state carry courses since 09/2003.
Over 9,000 citizens trained to arms since 2003
========
shadeslanding

Return to Training