Survivor Services fall 2014 Hudson class

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Postby Scratch on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Andy Drew from Survivor Services LLC in Florida told me that he wants to come back to the great state of Wisconsin to teach another class. (Personally... I think he's sick of the gators, snakes, skunk apes, and crazy people down there in Florida)

I don't care, as long as I accomplished my task of getting him back here. We're thinking about October 11th of this year. If you were at the last class up here, you know how valuable his training is, and how great this class will be. You'll also remember that we were talking about having to wait until next year until he could come back...

Nope. He's coming back this fall!

Assuming we get enough students to sign up. Post up or PM me if you're in, and I'll add to this post. Make sure to tell me your screen name and real name so I can mark you as PAID when Andy tells me you are. If you came to the last class in Hudson at my place, you already know where it is.

Here's some details from Andy which is cross posted on his forum Http://www.sksboards.com :

Scratch, thanks for the invite, and thanks for hosting the course again;

Guys, if you were there last month, you know how good the class was; this time we are stepping it up even more, with additional movement drills, multiple attacker drills, a return to the carjacker drill with some additional twists, and an entire section of the class devoted to low-light/ no light shooting and use of lights;

If you haven't been to one of our courses before, here is your chance to get professional-level training in the types of things you will actually have to deal with in a real defensive situation; We are a professional training company , with fully certified instructors , and in this particular course, I will be the instructor, so you are getting more than 2 decades of operational experience and formal training in how to survive a gunfight through enhancing your skills.

This course will be a 10-hour training evolution, during which you will see your personal weapons skills greatly increase, along with your confidence, guaranteed.

The cost for the class is $150 per person, with registration/deposit required in advance prior to September 15 2014
Class size is limited, so please sign up early; you can PM here, or email your information to sksranger68@yahoo.com and I will give you payment details and register you....

Here's what you will need for the class:

A service caliber pistol- 9mm/.40/.45, etc..
500-600 rounds of ammunition (any decent ball ammo is fine)
A light ; a weapon light or a compact "tactical light suitable for use with a firearm. (Extra batteries too)
A good holster (you're going to be doing a LOT of drawing, firing , and re-holstering, and you want a decent rig)
At LEAST 3 magazines; ( more is better, as it will reduce down time for everyone in reloading empty magazines)
Eye and ear protection (any kind of muffs or ear plugs, and some type of impact -resistant eye glasses or goggles)
A ball cap /boonie, etc. (this is going to keep the sun off of you, and it's also going to deflect (red hot!) spent casings)
A set of knee pads (they don't have to be anything special, even the cheap Harbor Freights will do, but you need them)
A basic kit for cleaning/malfunctions- CLP, a Boresnake, a few rags; (we will run the guns very hard, and they will see the dirt of the ground a time or two; you want to be prepared to give the gun a quick and dirty cleaning)
A decent pair of shoes; ( you will be on your feet and moving, a lot, and you want the support and the safety.)

As always, long pants, a crew neck shirt to keep the hot brass out, etc, are a must; also, a comfortable folding chair, your lunch, and a snack or two is not a bad idea; it's a long range day, and you're going to be wanting to sit on the few breaks we take.

Again, for payment and registration information please email us at : sksranger68@yahoo.com

This class will fill up fast, so don't miss signing up! 8)

Who's in!

Scratch - PAID
Scratches friend (Terry) - PAID
Rich (Rich W)
Exhausting (Dave S) - PAID
Brbdwyr (Andy) - PAID
Rottenit (Steve)
Anne
Last edited by Scratch on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Re: Survivor Services fall 2014 Hudson class

Postby Scratch on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:46 am

Bump
Scratch

Postby Scratch on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Here is the instructors website:

http://www.survivorservices.net/
Scratch

Postby Scratch on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Bump for a few more spots left...

We'll be doing the carjacking drill from my Jeep again with a little twist, we'll be also be setting up a Tueller drill with a box target on a cable coming at the shooter, and of course there's the low light shoothouse which will be fun!

Any takers!
Scratch

Postby jshuberg on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:07 pm

I went to the first one, it's definitely worth taking. I'm camping on the 11th, otherwise I'd be at this one as well. Unless you think there's nothing you need to improve on in your shooting skills, you should go to this class. Yes, I mean you.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Scratch on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Just a little reminder that's there's still some room, and time left to sign up for this class!

It's gonna be a great time!
Scratch

Postby Scratch on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:34 am

The class was awesome! The weather was nearly perfect, the props worked great, and I went through about 600 rounds of ammo. I seem to be having some technical difficulties with my electronics, but I did manage to make and upload a few videos from the class. I still have one or two short videos to make, and will get to them as soon as I can. I don't think I have any still pics though... :cry:

Warming up on some paper 3:43
http://youtu.be/oKXkDYdFELs

The Tueller Drill 1:58
http://youtu.be/UJBDyx8w_V0

Here's the low light video 4:49
http://youtu.be/RGw8JtZ0Se4

Sorry about the quality of the video, but I didn't have the best lighting for video...
Scratch

Postby lizard55033 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Looks like a lot of fun!
lizard55033

Return to Training