Rob Pincus Coming to the Cities

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Re: Rob Pincus Coming to the Cities

Postby rtk on Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:26 pm

in doing a little searching around on the web it looks like Rob is married to Irlene Mandrell of the the Mandrell sisters fame (she is the good looking blonde one...never mind, all three are good looking :? ) I saw something on one the outdoor channels last year about her celebrity shoot that she sponsors every year at Valhalla and it looked interesting. I know that this information has nothing to do with Rob's class, I just thought that it was interesting.

If she is one of the instructors for his class I will sign up in a New York minute! :lol:

rtk
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby macphisto on Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:41 pm

If I win the lottery (which I don't play) AND start reloading on a progressive press in the next couple months, I'll be there!
macphisto

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Einthoven's Triangle

Postby JoeH on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:07 pm

macphisto wrote:If I win the lottery (which I don't play) AND start reloading on a progressive press in the next couple months, I'll be there!

Mac, use your lottery winnings for factory ammo since I'd bet that he won't allow reloads. :cry:
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 am

I think the term "quality ammunition" is used, that I do not think precludes the use of reloaded ammo. It is not like going to Thunder Ranch where ""LEAD FREE FRANGIBLE PROJECTILE AMMUNITION" is a requirement. And, it is hard to find at times....and expensive. If you are noob reloader, then perhaps factory might by a better choice.
I can see the reasoning to having a factory ammo requirement, but good reloading practices can produce quality ammo.
Einthoven's Triangle

Postby JoeH on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:36 am

Einthoven's Triangle wrote:I can see the reasoning to having a factory ammo requirement, but good reloading practices can produce quality ammo.

I agree 100%. However, in browsing many training web sites, I quite often see factory ammo as a requirement.
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby Ironbear on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:38 am

JoeH wrote:
Einthoven's Triangle wrote:I can see the reasoning to having a factory ammo requirement, but good reloading practices can produce quality ammo.
I agree 100%. However, in browsing many training web sites, I quite often see factory ammo as a requirement.
At the range, virtually every time I see someone having Feeding/Extracting/Ejecting problems, they are using reloads. I'm sure that good quality reloads can be made, but a lot of people seem to try to get by with cheap* and easy instead. I suspect that the schools got tired of the disruption caused by people with mediocre ammo, and tried to eliminate that variable.

*Seems like for every one reloader trying to find the ragged edge of velocity, there are three trying to see how little powder they can get away with, while using the cheapest bullets they can find.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Fast351 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:56 pm

Ironbear wrote:At the range, virtually every time I see someone having Feeding/Extracting/Ejecting problems, they are using 1911s.

Fixed it for ya.... :D :D
Fast351

Postby Pinnacle on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Yup - people that are careless about reloading make BAD ammo. Stick to the books - make a middle of the road load

We are trying to kill paper with Reloads - and Function the gun 100% - nothing more than that. People that puch it or cut corners soon learn an expensive lesson.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Rob Pincus on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Hello, Everyone.

I appreciate the interest in the course in May and the discussion of it. If anyone has any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them. The course is just about full, enrollment will probably close next week, but we are already talking about a 2nd course this year in the fall. This first course came about at the invitation of Greg Sullivan at Defensive Edge. He taught courses a few times for me at Valhalla and we've known each other for years. He knows that I am working with a company based in MN and we came up with the idea of running a Combat Focus course while I was in town some time......

As for the ammunition, it is not a green range, so lead ammo is fine. I prefer not to restrict reloaded ammo from the range because I have seen "quality" reloads perform very well. If someone shows up and has problems with a holster, gun OR Ammunition that is not working to a reasonable standard, they would have to switch out that gear in order to continue. I give the benefit of the doubt that someone showing up to a course to learn life-saving skills is going to show up with ammo that they've tested in their firearm and that is reliable... if not, we'll work it out!

-Rob
-vscrob@msn.com
Rob Pincus

Postby cobb on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:12 pm

Fast351 wrote:
Ironbear wrote:At the range, virtually every time I see someone having Feeding/Extracting/Ejecting problems, they are using 1911s.

Fixed it for ya.... :D :D

You know you are making a fool out of yourself don't you? Oh, you probably shoot a Glock, now we understand. :lol:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Don L on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Let's watch that "Shooting a Glock" stuff! I resemble that! IMHO, when some of the schools I've been to require "factory ammo", their reasoning was that it was one less thing to go wrong. At two different classes at Gunsite, two different guys with their own reloads had problems with them, and when you're investing that much money and time to attend a class, that's not the time to have problems with anything-guns, ammo, or gear. I've also seen where a place had a rule about factory ammo, and no one said a word when folks showed up with reloads.
NRA Regional Training Counselor
MN, IL, & Utah Instructor
Lots of Other Stuff
Minnesota Cary Permit Class - MN Carry Permit .com
Don L

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:39 am

Just shoot a H&K and never worry about problems with function.....H&K's and Glocks are like the energizer bunny! They just keep going and going and going! A reliable 1911 man that is a term like "Military Intelligence" a real contradiction of terms......
Einthoven's Triangle

Previous

Return to Training