What is the Mentor Program?

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

What is the Mentor Program?

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:05 am

There are many people who are new to shooting or who are interested but haven't had the opportunity. My idea is to have experienced shooters offer free instruction to new shooters.

If you would be interested in offering this then make a post in this forum with basic information like what kind of shooting you do, what area you are in, and approximate dates/times that generally work for you. If someone wants help they can contact you and set up a trip to the range. Another good use of this would be to let others try out shooting for the first time or try out one of your guns.

The rules:
1) Your time is free (ammo and range fees aren't)
2) Be safe
rucker

Re: What is the Mentor Program?

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:22 am

jac714 wrote:Count me in.

Mostly handgun with empahsis on practical shooting.

Available most evenings and weekends usually at Bill's south.

When I get some other things taken care of and can afford to shoot at Bill's I might have to sign up :) glock+ipod straightened me out pretty well but a checkup wouldn't hurt.
rucker

Postby macphisto on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:05 pm

jac714 wrote:On a side note if you go with me the shared lane fee is $5.00 because I am a member so it is actually pretty reasonable.

Want to be range buddies? ;)
macphisto

Postby JFettig on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:43 pm

macphisto wrote:
jac714 wrote:On a side note if you go with me the shared lane fee is $5.00 because I am a member so it is actually pretty reasonable.

can I be your friend too?

Seriously though, I could use a little mentoring too...after I get my paycheck and can afford to buy some more ammo.

Jon
JFettig

Postby jac714 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:19 pm

JFettig wrote:
macphisto wrote:

Seriously though, I could use a little mentoring too...after I get my paycheck and can afford to buy some more ammo.

Jon

Let me know, any reason is a good excuse to hit the range.
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby e5usmc on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Took a friends wife shooting last week... First time she'd handled a handgun.

She's convinced my friend that they are BOTH going to get their P2C. He's not handled many handguns either...

Tons of fun taking out a new shooter. They tend to be very attentive.
e5usmc

Postby brauchma on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:55 pm

e5usmc wrote:Took a friends wife shooting last week... First time she'd handled a handgun.

She's convinced my friend that they are BOTH going to get their P2C. He's not handled many handguns either...

Tons of fun taking out a new shooter. They tend to be very attentive.

Yeah, I have 4 close friends getting their P2C soon. One is my pastor and one is my sister. My wife is as well. I am working on my neighbors. Trying to make guns not look so bad to them if they have a negative attitude. IT helps that my wife shoots as well.
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

Postby mnglocker on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:40 am

JFettig wrote:
macphisto wrote:

Jon

After last weekend I I've run dang near out of .38's so now I start the reloading proccess. 350+ clean, sized and decaped cases ready to load. :geek:
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby ree on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am

Anybody interested in mentoring at Burnsville?
ree

Postby jac714 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:56 am

mnglocker wrote:After last weekend I I've run dang near out of .38's so now I start the reloading proccess. 350+ clean, sized and decaped cases ready to load. :geek:

You need to get a Dillon, 350 rounds is an easy hour. :twisted:
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby rucker on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:32 am

You will notice that I split off the posts of those who volunteered into their own topics. This should make it easier for others to find who is available.
rucker

Return to Training