Has anyone used Defensive Egde SLR15 for training?

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Has anyone used Defensive Egde SLR15 for training?

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:41 am

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I wanted to get some feedback on expereiences with Defensive Edge out of Anoka.

I am a non-LEO, conceal carry guy. I've been carrying casually for a while but I've decided if I am going to carry that I should do the responsible thing and make sure my skills are as sharp as they can be. The programs look great, but I'm fairly new to the whole scene. A redirect to a previous thread is fine also. Thanks in advance.

http://slr15.com/handguncourses.html#handgun1
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Has anyone used Defensive Egde SLR15 for training?

Postby princewally on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:04 pm

I've read negative things about some of their business practices. I haven't taken a class, but I wouldn't recommend them, based on that.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby rucker on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:35 pm

princewally wrote:I've read negative things about some of their business practices. I haven't taken a class, but I wouldn't recommend them, based on that.

You have to be registered there to view the link. The summary is that a user posted that he had attended their classes and posted a glowing review. Later the same user posted something about how he was "pondering which course to take".

Apparently on several forums they have done the same thing by having people do nothing besides constantly bringing them up or having people ask questions about them as thinly veiled attempts at advertising. Supposedly some moderators at AR15.com are affiliated with them and have banned people who are critical of the company.

Please note that I don't personally know anything about the people or company. This is just the information that I have been given or found online.
rucker

Postby plblark on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 pm

I'd post a redirect to
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2189#p25531
but I see that the OP is also the person who mentioned this same link as an example of a class he(?)'d take in preference over another.
Last edited by rucker on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed domain name in link
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks Guys. I'll take a wait and see approach. I don't know that I'd be up for taking anything until Summer anyway. I'll keep researching.

If anyone has any additional comments please feel free to post or send me a note.

Thanks again.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby phorvick on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:54 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Thanks Guys. I'll take a wait and see approach. I don't know that I'd be up for taking anything until Summer anyway. I'll keep researching.

If anyone has any additional comments please feel free to post or send me a note.

Thanks again.

There are a number of folks on this Forum that offer classes for people of varying skills. Just check in the Training and Other Events section and send notes to the instructor/organizer and get a feel for them etc.
Where did I leave the Tardis?
phorvick

Postby hammAR on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:19 pm

princewally wrote:I've read negative things about some of their business practices. I haven't taken a class, but I wouldn't recommend them, based on that.

Because you have to be registered there to view the link, I would propose that you cease using links to there, especially in light of the many here that have been banned for no reason other than we disagreed with all of the negative things.

rucker wrote:Supposedly some moderators at AR15.com are affiliated with them and have banned people who are critical of the company.

Yes, it is a fact....................I guess in an abstract way, not dis-similar to other local sites hereabouts........
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby princewally on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:33 pm

hammAR wrote:

Because you have to be registered there to view the link, I would propose that you cease using links to there, especially in light of the many here that have been banned for no reason other than we disagreed with all of the negative things.

I didn't realize that particular post was in a 'registered-only' part of that forum, or I wouldn't have posted it.

OTOH, there is a lot of useful information in the public sections of the other forum that are entirely on topic for some of the discussions here. Based on that, and the fact that this hardly a common issue, I'm going to have to decline the proposal.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby hammAR on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:43 pm

princewally wrote:OTOH, there is a lot of useful information in the public sections of the other forum that are entirely on topic for some of the discussions here. Based on that, and the fact that this hardly a common issue, I'm going to have to decline the proposal.

Neat thing is that you do have a choice, and I respect that................
OTOH, IF common sense prevailed we would not have had this discussion.................. :cheers:
hammAR

Postby princewally on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:50 pm

hammAR wrote:
princewally wrote:OTOH, there is a lot of useful information in the public sections of the other forum that are entirely on topic for some of the discussions here. Based on that, and the fact that this hardly a common issue, I'm going to have to decline the proposal.

Neat thing is that you do have a choice, and I respect that................
OTOH, IF common sense prevailed we would not have had this discussion.................. :cheers:

I just reread my post. I came off a bit snarkier than intended. I'm sorry.

I have no intention of linking to the other forum often, but when a topic is dead on, and thoroughly hashed out over there, it makes sense to link to it, IMO. So far, IIRC, it has happened once.

:goofydance: :high5: :cheers:
princewally

Postby plblark on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:59 pm

:twisted: :lol:
Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah
Oh Lord, kum ba yah

Hear me crying, Lord, kum ba yah
Oh Lord, kum ba yah

Hear me singing, Lord, kum ba yah
Oh Lord, kum ba yah

Hear me praying, Lord, kum ba yah
Oh Lord, kum ba yah

Oh I need you, Lord, kum ba yah
Oh Lord, kum ba yah
:lol: :twisted:
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby princewally on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:00 pm

plblark wrote::twisted: :lol:

Smartass.
princewally

Postby plblark on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:08 pm

princewally wrote: Smartass.

Thank You, Happy to be of service :-)
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby hammAR on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:23 pm

plblark, why do you create thread drift when princewally and I are having a civil and educational discussion............ :hammer: .................. :didntdoit:
hammAR

Postby plblark on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:50 pm

I will try to go forth and sin no more. I must've fallen in with evil compatriots who have surely waylaid me with their Thread drifting ways :-)
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Next

Return to Training