NRA Pistol Inst class in AZ, 10-24/25

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Postby phorvick on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:56 pm

I know there are a few snowbirds in the area...

On the weekend of October 24/25, I will be presenting the NRA Pistol Instructor class in Sun City West, AZ.

100% of the class enrollment fee will be donated to the SAM's Project (Stand Alone Marine) for those recruits at the MCRD, Parris Island, SC.

email for info to...

phorvick@gmail.com
Where did I leave the Tardis?
phorvick

Re: NRA Pistol Inst class in AZ, 10-24/25

Postby cobb on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Thought you also retired from NRA training? :D
Good that you did not, you need to keep busy and people need access to quality instructors as yourself.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby phorvick on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:18 pm

cobb wrote:Thought you also retired from NRA training? :D
Good that you did not, you need to keep busy and people need access to quality instructors as yourself.

I keep getting requests for "one more class". However, as you may know, there are big changes coming in the NRA instructional world, changes that I do not support. Once implemented...and the NRA says that will happen very soon...I will never do another class.
phorvick

Postby Ron Burgundy on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:36 am

phorvick wrote:

I keep getting requests for "one more class". However, as you may know, there are big changes coming in the NRA instructional world, changes that I do not support. Once implemented...and the NRA says that will happen very soon...I will never do another class.

Like what?
Ron Burgundy

Postby phorvick on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:42 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
phorvick wrote:

Like what?

I am not fully aware of the total scope of the changes, as the NRA has not kept instructors in the loop (at least not kept me in the loop). Essentially, they are (for the Basic Pistol Class) going to "blended learning"...where a student will go on-line and do much of the class directly on the NRA website (and, of course, pay a fee to the NRA). The instructor is then expected to conduct a range exercise with the students to verify their safe gun handling etc. Not having seen the final curriculum, I am not sure if instructors will actually "instruct" anything anymore, or if they are relegated to simply being a range monitor.

I do not think that gun safety etc. is a topic that leads well to on-line learning. I understand that others may disagree, but it is not something I am interested in supporting.
phorvick

Return to Training