John Farnam, Armed Response to a Terrorist Attack 7/23/24

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

John Farnam, Armed Response to a Terrorist Attack 7/23/24

Postby IDPA Shooter on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 pm

We have been signing people up for this class for the past several months and just have a few seats left. I certainly have no issue with someone who has taken one of John's classes recently commenting on his or her experience. But in the past, and I believe to this board's detriment, people who have never taken his class and without even a friend comments go on and on about his techniques being X or Y, good or bad. I put these in the same vein as "who was your instructor" , its crap, pure and simple. One person not listening or misunderstanding instruction or a particular technique suddenly means the instructor is suspect. It's doesn't. My first NRA TC was crap, the 3 I've worked with since are top drawer professionls I 'd recommend anyone take their training.

Of course the opposite is also true, a LEO who frequently posts here was in a Pat Rogers class with a friend of mine who is very highly trained. The friend hash multiple trips to all the big schools and a top notch rifle and pistol guy. He said this LEO was awesome, totally squared away on tactics and an expert marksmen who was quite fast too. Can I therefore believe every member of his department has these skills and is in great shape? Doubt it and yet people see one bad example and its off to the negative comments.

I was on the NRA Certified Instructor FB page last week, a closed group, so we are all NRA instructors or TCs. There was a photo of a guy carrying a Glock 19 cross draw in a Fobus holster standing in front of the Second Amendment Firearms Training Division table. Right way people posted what an ass clown, is he offering me is gun? It was sickening how they spoke about SAF FTD, putting the organization down. I have zero involvement or direct knowledge of the organization , but the folks I have seen in it are top drawer trainers. Guess what, the photo was taken of a guy standing in front their table/booth area. Someone else blew up his name tag and yep, his own company, nothing to do with SAF. Someone else said yep, I know him that was at the Gun Rights policy meeting in Phoenix and he attends many events wearing his cross draw Fobus...

So take a look at the John Farnam class I'm hosting this year, Armed Response to a Terrorist Attack on July 23rd and 24th in Monticello for $675. this is an advanced 20 hour class that requires you to use your pistol to fight your way to a stowed rifle. Expect realistic scenarios and to learn a lot, 300 pistol and 400 rifle rounds required. http://www.mnguntrain.com/john-farnam-2 ... st-attack/

Informed comments are welcome and my rant mode is now off
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Return to Training