Need a renewal class

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Need a renewal class

Postby Jetfxr on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:13 am

Does anyone know of a renewal class coming up in the next month or so, preferably on the north end of town?
Jetfxr

Re: Need a renewal class

Postby cryptical on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:45 pm

They have classes up at Metro Gun Club https://www.metrogunclub.com/classes/carry.php
cryptical

Postby MJY65 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:12 pm

I just did the hybrid online/live fire test from Mn Firearms Training and would recommend it.

Having heard conflicting information along with personal opinions presented as fact at many live courses, I didn't feel the need to spend half a day listening to 1 hour of real material in a class.
MJY65

Postby Jetfxr on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Thanks for the information.
Jetfxr

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:47 pm

JetFxr, what type jets do you fix?

I'm curious, because I fixed them for more than 30 years, before being forced to medically retire. I surely miss wrenching on them.
Jim
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Jetfxr on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:02 am

I've been taking care of a Gulfstream GIV for a family for the last 14 years, been in corporate aviation for twenty years working on different sized private jets. Before that it was helicopters. How about you?
Jetfxr

Postby BigDog58 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:40 am

I started out working on Jet Cargo and Passenger Planes back in 1979. I also worked in several shops, overhauling parts, such as Fuel Controls, Hydraulic Pumps, CSD's, Gearboxes and Pneumatic components. I also did engine O/H on J-79's for F-4 Phantom's for the airforce (I was a civilian), also civilian version CJ-805. I then was hired at Eastern Airlines in Miami and worked on every aircraft they had. DC-9, DC-10, B-727, B-757, A-300. Then moved to Northwest Airlines in 1988, worked on all their aircraft types, and numerous component shops. I've worked on most of the transport Jet Engines made by GE, P&W and RR.

So, I guess my career was mostly fixing heavy transport aircraft. I did quite a bit of volunteer wrenching on aircraft of the Confederate Airforce (now called The Commemorative Air Force) and o/h numerous radial recips . I had the pleasure of working on one of the B-17's, a F4U Corsair, P-51 Mustang, P-63 King Cobra, and the SBD Dauntless.

I was forced to medically retire in 2003, after a major injury. I had a great career, but I sure miss fixin' them.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to Training