Dry fire laser training systems

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

Dry fire laser training systems

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 04, 2021 2:07 pm

With ammo shortages and high prices, I'm considering looking into systems.

Anyone using one that they would recommend or have used one they would NOT recommend.

I get that there is no substitute for live fire, but even range work doesn't allow for holster practice or movement, so looking at alternatives.

Not lucky enough to have Scratch's set up, so I figure something is better than nothing.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Dry fire laser training systems

Postby Drizzle on Tue May 04, 2021 6:57 pm

Pink Rhino (gah-the name) makes laser training cartridges in a variety of calibers. Steeltyme makes what has so far been a good target, useable at house distances and silence able (otherwise a metallic ding).

The cartridge has a couple O rings to hold it in the chamber when you cycle the action (or use a DA gun). I poke mine out to switch guns with a pencil eraser.

About $40 for the cartridge, $60 for the target on Amazon. Worth it, I think.
Drizzle

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 pm

We use DryFire for the High School trap team. Really brings the new shooters up to speed in short order. I am not familiar with their pistol simulator and it will be spending but if it is anything like their Trap product. I would consider it.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue May 04, 2021 9:24 pm

Huh, I don’t see it mentioned on their site. I know they had one a few years ago when we ordered our trap system but it is an English company so maybe with their price point it did not take off in the States and would have no demand there so...
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryFlew on Wed May 05, 2021 12:27 am

https://www.laser-ammo.com/laser-training/why-dry-fire. The cartridge I use in 9mm with adapters for 45 and 44 mag. Had it a lot of years. Loved the cartridges but never liked their targets. Tried several different laser targets and never found one I really liked so currently use anything white like paper plates.

Was a system I wanted to try but never did. It used your big screen and laptop with camera facing the tv to score your hits. You could set up a steel shoot etc. Can't remember the name and no time to look but was simple name like mytarget. Was a free try at the time but i never got around to it.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Scratch on Wed May 05, 2021 7:42 am

I'm seriously considering the same setup as this guy has for the house. I've never used a laser system but this one looks very cool! Keep us posted on what you end up with.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby yukonjasper on Wed May 05, 2021 9:26 am

Scratch wrote:I'm seriously considering the same setup as this guy has for the house. I've never used a laser system but this one looks very cool! Keep us posted on what you end up with.

Scratch, you do know that you are the Batman of this board.......cause that is a really great system. Pretty much everything I am looking for. Of course, I need to price this out, but petty cool.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Scratch on Wed May 05, 2021 6:30 pm

yukonjasper wrote:
Scratch wrote:I'm seriously considering the same setup as this guy has for the house. I've never used a laser system but this one looks very cool! Keep us posted on what you end up with.

Scratch, you do know that you are the Batman of this board.......cause that is a really great system. Pretty much everything I am looking for. Of course, I need to price this out, but petty cool.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Batman is rich, intelligent, good looking, strong, a good fighter, and full of class.

I could possibly be Batmans, broke, low class, overweight, uncle with Doritos crumbs on his shirt and duct tape holding his shoes together... But he'd never admit it.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Return to Training