NEW LFI Course - Extreme Stressfire

Instructors can post their training and permit class info

NEW LFI Course - Extreme Stressfire

Postby IDPA Shooter on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:10 pm

Full Disclosure - I have no position or financial involvement with LFI but am a big fan of their courses and have been a student of both these excellent instructors. David is a WI deputy and IDPA 4 Gun Master and Ayoob's record holder in Quad Speed shooting. Elliott is a licensed PI who works corporate and VIP security.

Let's see 1, 450 rounds in 2 days, 3 guns needed, sounds good folks. I'm kinda sorry I have to miss this one!

TRAINING BULLETIN – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Elliott B. Gilchrist of Threat Management Institute and David Maglio of Firearms Training Associates are pleased to announce that Massad Ayoob’s Lethal Force Institute will be holding an "EXTREME STRESSFIRE" course at The Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club, 2920 220th St. E, Prior Lake, MN 55372. This class will be held on Saturday, October 13, 2007 and Sunday, October 14, 2007. Class will start each day at 9:00 am and run until the course of fire is completed.

The History of StressFire

StressFire is the heart and soul of the Lethal Force Institute's (LFI) shooting curriculum. Its earliest roots sprouted from the "Officer Survival Movement" of the 1970's. At that time, police firearms training was based on concepts of marksmanship that served well on the sterile laboratory of the range, but failed in high pressure, real world gunfights. Tragically, cops were losing these battles (and sometimes their lives) to hardened criminals and as a result, firearm training was in a state of crisis.

Massad Ayoob, Director of LFI, set out to change that fact. By interviewing hundreds of officers who had survived gunfights, Ayoob used their experiences, combined with his own extensive research to create a powerful combat handgun system; a system that countless experts agree is arguably the best and most successful response to the aforementioned firearm training crisis.

How it was Developed

Ayoob discovered from extensive research dating as far back as World War I, that in life threatening situations, human beings will experience incredible physical and psychological pressure or "stress." This life threatening stress causes fine motor skills to deteriorate, perception of time to slow down and the senses to focus on the threat, to the exclusion of almost everything else.

Based on this discovery, Ayoob took the best of the techniques available at the time, (e.g. Weaver and Chapman) eliminated the techniques that were difficult to perform and added insights gleaned from various martial arts. The result was a system of combat techniques that not only worked in the face of the enormous stress of violent encounters but actually fed off it.

This series of techniques is the system we now know as StressFire.

Now we’re taking it to the “Extreme”

Extreme StressFire (ESF) is LFI's newest handgun course. This dynamic, two day course will "dump an encyclopedia" of handgun shooting skills and knowledge into the mind and body of each officer/student. Like all StressFire based courses, (ESF) is designed to bring out the officer's/student's maximum potential for shooting a handgun under stress and to achieve the optimum blend of speed and accuracy. ESF is ideal for the shooter who wishes to hone and fine-tune their techniques. Officers/students will learn the biomechanics, stress management and techniques that actually feed off stress instead of crumbling under it, with the focus on high speed drills. ESF uses street proven and reality based techniques. ESF is a very fast paced and demanding course; but it is very structured to maximize training efficiency.

Course Curriculum:

* Core StressFire techniques involving your primary handgun.

* Revolver StressFire Techniques

* Back-up Gun StressFire Techniques

examples of back-up guns include:

Glock 26/27/33/39

Kahr MK9/40, PM9/40,

5 Shot, 2 inch J Frame revolvers

* Conceal Carry Techniques and Options:

Weak side carry*

Pocket carry*

Ankle carry*

Fanny Pack carry*

Shoulder Holster/Vest carry*

*Only one carry option will be needed for this portion of the training

* Mirror Image Shooting

A right handed Shooter will carry and shoot their primary handgun left handed. (You will need BOTH a left and right handed holster and magazine pouches. Inexpensive equipment is satisfactory for this training such as Uncle Mike's or Fobus)

* Positions of Disadvantage/Downed or Wounded Officer

* Shooting at Distance

50 yards prone

100 yards prone

* Shooting on the Move

Each officer/student will complete nine separate qualifications increasing in difficulty including the "LFI-4, Quad Speed Qualification." (The Quad Speed Qualification is performed at four times the normal speed of the LFI standard StressFire qualification.)

Equipment Requirements

Handgun(s) Primary, Six Shot Revolver and Back Up Gun*

1250 rounds of FACTORY manufactured ammunition for your primary handgun

200 rounds of FACTORY manufactured ammunition for revolver

200 rounds of FACTORY manufactured ammunition your back up gun

Ear protection (active is encouraged) and eye protection

A good quality, dominant side holster

A weak side (mirror image holster) **

Two (2) or more magazine or speed loader pouches (right and left hand)

Three (3) or more magazines or speed loaders

A baseball style cap

Body Armor (optional)

Food/Beverages for personal consumption

*a few loaners available

**inexpensive holsters e.g. Fobus or Uncle Mike’s will be sufficient

Course Tuition: $299.99

To register for this dynamic course, please visit the Threat Management Institute website at http://www.threatmanagers.com or call 952 928-8400 ext 201. Space is limited so call today!
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Re: NEW LFI Course - Extreme Stressfire

Postby goalie on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:50 pm

Unfortunately, I will be spending my hard-earned allowance on a new Triathlon bike, but I will say that the Advanced Stressfire class I took with David M. as one of the instructors was well worth the money.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby cobb on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:53 pm

goalie wrote:Unfortunately, I will be spending my hard-earned allowance on a new Triathlon bike, but I will say that the Advanced Stressfire class I took with David M. as one of the instructors was well worth the money.

When did you take it?
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby goalie on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:27 pm

cobb wrote:
goalie wrote:Unfortunately, I will be spending my hard-earned allowance on a new Triathlon bike, but I will say that the Advanced Stressfire class I took with David M. as one of the instructors was well worth the money.

When did you take it?

I took it down at Leo Dwyer's place a few years ago. I'm not sure exactly how many years ago, I guess I could look for the certificate when I get home, but I doubt if I kept it.

I wouldn't have been hard to spot, as I was the tall, blonde, un-tactical looking guy who brought a cooler full of bottled water and gatoraid to share with everyone.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby cobb on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:47 pm

goalie wrote:
cobb wrote:

When did you take it?

I took it down at Leo Dwyer's place a few years ago. I'm not sure exactly how many years ago, I guess I could look for the certificate when I get home, but I doubt if I kept it.

I wouldn't have been hard to spot, as I was the tall, blonde, un-tactical looking guy who brought a cooler full of bottled water and gatoraid to share with everyone.

Just curious.

I believe they did them at Leo's at first and later at Horse & Hunt, which is where I took it.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Return to Training