Two-Hour Simulated Navy SEAL Mission

Other events and get togethers

Re: Two-Hour Simulated Navy SEAL Mission

Postby Pat on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:19 pm

They talked about this on NPR this afternoon. Made it really sound fun! Nothing anti about the report.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby GunGoogler on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Pat wrote:They talked about this on NPR this afternoon. Made it really sound fun! Nothing anti about the report.

I heard the same report and was pleasantly surprised by the tone. In fact, I was listening in my car as I was arriving at my destination when they gave the title lead in. I actually stayed in my car to listen to the full report and left with a smile. It does sound fun.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Larry.Y on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm

This is Larry Yatch, I am the CEO of Sealed Mindset and the creator of the Navy SEAL Experience.

NPR got one thing wrong the cost is $149 per person.

The other important point is that this class was designed as a way for us to teach solid defensive tactics in a fun environment.

The killing of Bin Laden simmulation is the culmination of over 2 hours of solid AR15 training.

We also are using simmunitions not paintball guns.

This class is only one of over 80 classes that we hold monthly at our new 10,000sqft training facility and live fire indoor range in New Hope.

We teach 4 different martial arts, 7 defensive hand gun, 2 defensive long gun, and 5 fitness classes every week in 1.5 hour segments.

We are the only facility in the state that uses Simmunitions (Non-lethal, Paint based, training rounds), both handgun and AR15 in every training course.

I offer an open invitation to anyone to give us a call and set up a time to go on a tour or attend a class free of charge.

You can reach me at 1.877.723.7573.

We are excited to serve the firearms community in the Minneapolis area.
Larry.Y

Postby Larry.Y on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:26 pm

I have received a few personal messages asking to clarify my "free classes" offer, so here it is for everyone.

No, the free classes offer was not a typo, and yes we do believe it's awesome as we hope you will as well.

You can see the schedule here:

https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=20678

These are all of the classes in our Daily Defensive Shooting Series and our Defensive Fitness Series.

We approach firearms training the same way most people approach martial arts and fitness training.

We believe that regular professionally delivered instruction and practice in small chunks is the most efficient and effective way to learn.

In both of those series you pay a monthly fee and have access to as many classes as you want to attend (up to a total of over 70 a month at all times of the day).

The offer for a free class stands for any of the martial arts classes, any of the fitness classes, AND any of the firearms classes.

So I guess it is really an offer of 3 free classes for a total of 4.5 hours of instruction.

We love what we do and want to share it.

This is no strings attached offer we will not try to sell you anything or pester you after you visit us.

If you are interested call 1.877.723.7573 and ask our facility operator to help you schedule your free classes or your tour. Tell them you saw the offer on MNGUNTALK from Larry.

They will ask you for a little information to set you up in our web-based scheduling system and get you signed into a class.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me here.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you in person.

Larry
Larry.Y

Postby redaudi on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 am

um...wow. cool.

I'll probably look into this. As current military, I'm curious to see what's up. :D I also like learning new things.
O.o derp
redaudi

Postby Kokeba07 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:45 pm

I listened to Larry when he was on KFAN, right around the time that Navy Seal movie came out. I think it is still Podcastable. Very awsome I have been thinking of taking some of his classes once i get my PTC in October.
Kokeba07

Postby dsm2nr on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Kokeba07 wrote:I listened to Larry when he was on KFAN, right around the time that Navy Seal movie came out. I think it is still Podcastable. Very awsome I have been thinking of taking some of his classes once i get my PTC in October.

Full disclosure: I am a current student at SM.

IMHO, it will be more of a benefit to take classes prior to attaining a PTC. You may or may not have what it takes to get one (I don't judge that, your instructor does). But if you're proficient before taking it, as soon as you get your PTC, you will have some of the necessary skills to use your handgun under severe stress.

I probably come off really stuck up in this post. But it's the truth. And like I said, I'm not judging you or anyone else.
dsm2nr

Postby rtk on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:43 pm

dsm2nr wrote:I probably come off really stuck up in this post. But it's the truth. And like I said, I'm not judging you or anyone else.

I don't think so, I think you did just fine.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby 45Badger on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:11 am

dsm2nr wrote:You may or may not have what it takes to get one.

Reading your post didn't make me think you were stuck up, but possibly "over sold" on the gravitas, expertise, legalese, pomp and circumstance, etc of the Permit to Carry process in our great state. Before we scare away all those not yet blessed with a PTC, can you specify "what it takes"? Last I checked it was a reasonable (small) amount of common sense, and a low level of proficiency with a handgun.

Back on thread topic- Sounds like a heath club for gunnies. Very cool!

And it's only 15 minutes from work!
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby EJSG19 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 am

45Badger wrote:
dsm2nr wrote:You may or may not have what it takes to get one.

Reading your post didn't make me think you were stuck up, but possibly "over sold" on the gravitas, expertise, legalese, pomp and circumstance, etc of the Permit to Carry process in our great state. Before we scare away all those not yet blessed with a PTC, can you specify "what it takes"? Last I checked it was a reasonable (small) amount of common sense, and a low level of proficiency with a handgun.

Back on thread topic- Sounds like a heath club for gunnies. Very cool!

And it's only 15 minutes from work!

Yep. Since it is up to the individual instructor to decide how difficult their firearms portion of the PTC class is, you can find some pretty darn easy requirements.

Getting the PTC isn't that hard. Having the ability to defend yourself varies on who your attacker is and many other variables nobody can know beforehand. You might need to be Barney Fife or you might need to be a member of Seal Team 6.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby dsm2nr on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 am

You guys are both right. You can not have any experience, go into a course with a full size .22lr and have zero problems getting it. You may also be able to get by with that experience level if a grandma attacks you.

Nobody really knows me on here but I'm sure it reflects in mg posts. I'd rather be prepared and not need it than be unprepared an need it (to a reasonable extent). That being said, to someone with little experience in high stress situations (me), I'd suggest as much regular training as possible. Whether it be at Frontsite, SM, DVDs and a SIRT at home, or any other option available. I, along with everyone else has opinions about with school or instructors are better but I will leave that for another thread.

To get back on topic, I haven't participated in the OBL event but everyone I talk to really likes it. It sounds like a good ar15 familiarizing course.
dsm2nr

Two-Hour Simulated Navy SEAL Mission

Postby tman on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:52 pm

dsm2nr wrote:.You can not have any experience, go into a course with a full size .22lr and have zero problems getting it.

Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using that app which shall not be named.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Rem700 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:04 am

tman wrote:
dsm2nr wrote:.You can not have any experience, go into a course with a full size .22lr and have zero problems getting it.

Why not?

I know of someone who passed having never fired a live round prior. She did spend about 2wks prior doing dry fire exercises and reloads with dummy rounds with a Ruger SP101 in 38spl.
I would just as soon see gramma carry a 22 then go unarmed because she cant handle the recoil of a larger cal or do a mag change because of physical disabilities.
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Return to Other Events