The EFFEN Gopher Massacre in 3 part Harmony

Other events and get togethers

The EFFEN Gopher Massacre in 3 part Harmony

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Sorry for the late post, but I have been busy. The 2nd Open Carry Breakfast was held at the EFFEN Gopher bar despite numerous technical difficulties, and I hope most people went away happy. I arrived right on time at 9:00 AM, and the bar was strangely quiet and only half lit. WTF?? Then Cheri comes over and tells me she will be late with breakfast, and then scrawls the word "DRUNK" on a nametag and slaps it on her chest, and tells me she doesn't want any **** from me at ll. (And she meant it, which is unusual for Cheri) There is one old guy and two old women who appear to be wandering around in the kitchen and getting in each other's way, and not accomplishing jack ****. No food appears to be ready, or even cooking. All of a sudden I realize that Cheri is REALLY (and still) dead drunk from a party last night, and I appear to be the Captain of the Titanic. Oh ****!!! After this breakfast I'm going to be as popular as Ace with all the people on the boards!

As it turns out, it was all Brian Netten's fault. Brian is an artist who goes through the booze like Vincent Van Gogh, and after a 3 day bender we always check to make sure he still has both ears. Unknown to me, the previous night was his 40th birthday, so he and Cheri got pretty polluted, and then Cheri went home to a graduation party and had to show the kids how to drink, and somewhere in there she finished a whole bottle of Ouzo by herself. Brian staggered into the bar later an apologized for screwing everything up, and wound up scrambling eggs in a frying pan in the back.

Then I notice the oven won't light (Oh DOUBLE ****!!!), and after lots of farting around Cheri finally manages to get the sucker going. Now it's 10:15, and there's still no food, and I have a bloody Mary with a beer chaser to settle my nerves. Stuff finally starts getting cooked, and at 11:00 the line forms for food. Seeing as everything is so hosed up, Cheri says the food is free, which helps brighten things up a bit. The food is yummy and artery clogging as usual, and I sort of pig out on sausages and hash browns with Tabasco suace on them. BURP!! Luckily, if you get a whole bunch of gun nuts in a bar, they will ******** about carrying and/or shooting guns until the cows come home. (Thank God for that!!) I took some pictures, which are shown below, but the one shot I wanted and didn't get was the smokers standing outside the bar. Four people, with 1911's sticking out of their belts, standing on East 7th Street in broad daylight where cops cars drive past every 5 minutes, and nobody noticed.

As the people will tell you who were there, despite the late food problem, it is very nice and relaxing to be able to wander around a bar with your gun out, and not worry about some jerk trying to grab your gun, or some soccer mom calling up the St. Paul Tac Squad and reporting that there are 30 Al Queida terrorists dressed like Americans at the Gopher. Despite the fact that Cheri said the food was free, one of the regulars said that was ********, and a tip jar was placed on the bar and got a fair amount of green stuffed into it.

Here is Cheri, drunk on her ass, and still enjoying the effects of all that booze the next morning:

1911fan with a 1911 (DUH??)

The gun in the holster is a Ruger with a 10 1/2" barrel

Stradawhovious

Stradawhovious' " Lower Half" http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3524

srigs with the usual large stash of holsters

The "old people's table" NOTE. The lady on the left with the camera case on her belt has something besides a camera in the case... :mrgreen: )

The winner of the most outrageous holstered gun contest - a real, live AR-15 pistol

Another 1911

Some Effen Gopher regulars (one is a St. Paul police officer, no less)

A well armed Norwegian from Lake Woebegon, with a 1911 and a can of snoose in his pants!!

Cheri, still drunk much later...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Re: The EFFEN Gopher Massacre in 3 part Harmony

Postby plblark on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:35 pm

The regular on the left is the guy who called BS and put out the tip jar.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby hammAR on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:19 pm

plblark wrote:The regular on the left is the guy who called BS and put out the tip jar.

You don't want to argue with him, he has a gun.............and I bet he didn't have a name tag either.......... :rotf:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Srigs on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks Sam great pics. :mrgreen:
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Return to Other Events