Pine Technical College Gun Show 2/23-2/24

Other events and get togethers

Pine Technical College Gun Show 2/23-2/24

Postby rockcreek on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:07 am

The show is Saturday 8-5 and Sunday 9-3. If you haven't been before, this is a big show with all vendors required to have guns and related items only (no beef jerky, flea market type stuff, etc). We will have a few tables in the auto shop, stop by if you get a chance. Take the first Pine City exit off 35, go east right into the Pine Tech lot.
Last edited by rockcreek on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockcreek

Re: Pine Technical College Gun Show 2/34-2/24

Postby Inspiribomb on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:16 am

Wow we must have a crazy leap year - February 34th?! Or did you perhaps mis-type that and mean 2/23?

I actually may attend this one, since I'm kind of in that part of town. Do you happen to know if they require attendees to unload before entering?
Aaron
Inspiribomb

Postby rockcreek on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 pm

No carry allowed, all guns checked and strapped at the door. Small price to pay for having a gun show at a school, I guess. Yes, the correct dates are 2/23 and 2/24. Typing isn't my strong suit...
rockcreek

Postby ex-LT on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 pm

rockcreek wrote:No carry allowed, all guns checked and strapped at the door. Small price to pay for having a gun show at a school, I guess. Yes, the correct dates are 2/23 and 2/24. Typing isn't my strong suit...

By law, because it's a MN government agency, the school cannot ban carry. MNSCU (the governing agency for all MN state colleges and universities) does have policies against carry by students (and staff :tantrum: ), but they cannot forbid the general public from carrying on campus.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Nalez on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:48 pm

rockcreek wrote:No carry allowed, all guns checked and strapped at the door. Small price to pay for having a gun show at a school, I guess. Yes, the correct dates are 2/23 and 2/24. Typing isn't my strong suit...

FYI...
http://www.pinetech.edu/assets/files/Policies/116.pdf
1. Prohibition. Visitors are prohibited from possessing or carrying a firearm while on System property, except as otherwise provided in this policy.
Subpart D. Exceptions.
2. Authorized uses. This policy does not prohibit:
c. Possession or carry of a pistol by a visitor who has a lawful permit to carry a pistol pursuant to Minnesota Statutes section 624.714, subd 1a.
f. Possession of a firearm on the Pine Technical College campus during the annual PTC Gun Show in February. Possession and transportation of firearms during this sponsored activity are governed by the following stipulations:
(1). Firearms must be unloaded and cased.
(2). Firearms brought into the building by vendors must be unloaded and must be brought in through designated rear entrances and checked by PTC instructors or designated students from the PTC Shooters Club.
(3). Firearms brought into the building by attendees must be unloaded, checked at the door and their mechanisms secured by PTC instructors or designated students.
(4). Vendors at the PTC gun show must sign the PTC release form and contract.

Not sure what takes effect. C or F.
Nalez

Re: Pine Technical College Gun Show 2/23-2/24

Postby .45 Auto on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:48 pm

It appears to me that C has basis in state law, where F is just policy that they decided to apply to the gun show.

Mike

in Sherburne County
.45 Auto

Postby Joat on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm

If your bringing a gun to sell, unloaded it somewhere safe before you get to the show and then check that is clear again. The last thing we need right now is a negligent discharge at a gun show in a school.

Minnesota law says they can't ban carry there but do you want to deal with the cop on sight who might now understand the law? Also as far as I know no one has ever gone to court for this one do you want to be the test case?
"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret" Breda
Joat

Postby PowderBurn14 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 am

I'll be there Sat morning. I'm sure it will be a very busy show this year.
"A Golf Course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good Rifle Range" :)
PowderBurn14

Return to Other Events