Other events and get togethers

Re: 2015 Wells Gun Show

Postby FJ540 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:24 pm

How'd the new school work out?
FJ540

Postby westhope on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:54 am

I was disappointed.

I thought it was much smaller than in the old school. That may be because of less confusing layout but I don't think so. Maybe I missed an area, but what I found was 3 gyms and the entrance area with tables. Did meet some old friends which is also part of the reason I go. Parking was not bad Sunday morning.

GROCA had a nice presents there.

I went looking for some 45ACP used brass but did not see any. Previous years I remember several tables selling brass. This year I saw none.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:18 pm

325 tables sold for the show - 4 large vendors had issues with MWCA show this weekend also, so they were not there, but promise to return next year.Approx 15 tables more than years past. 3700 people thru the doors total for both days. It just seems smaller because you didn't have to hike thru 3 floors and down halls, thru gyms, etc. Was a very successful show for us again and we thank all of you who attended. A few folks complained about the parking, but when we pointed out the only had to walk 3 blocks vs. the old 5 -6 blocks they said maybe it wasn't so bad. Remember its our first year in a new venue, expect some issues and look for changes next year. Again thanks to all who attended. Big Dog and Old Man, sorry I did not get more time to visit with you guys.
Donn
President Wells Rifle and Pistol Club
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby 2in2out on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:54 pm

I heard it was good, and am looking forward to next year.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby hornswaggle on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:03 am

I thought it was good. I like the large rooms versus narrow hallways of the old building which made it a lot easier to walk around and actually get to a table to see items and talk to vendors. Saw and talked to some familiar vendors which was nice but it will take another year for me to remember where their new locations are. Didn't find the gun I was looking for but bought a couple little things. Nice to see the number of vendors selling overpriced 22LR ammo is getting smaller :)
Kevin

Treat every gun as if it was loaded, Always control the muzzle, Know your target and what is beyond it...

Either you like bacon or you're wrong....
hornswaggle

Previous

Return to Other Events