Bill's Fall Shooter's Show

Other events and get togethers

Re: Bill's Fall Shooter's Show

Postby gunshop guy on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 am

Friday usually is the least busy day relatively speaking, and Saturday is the busiest.
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
http://www.christiangunowners.net/
gunshop guy

Postby plblark on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:03 pm

tt3 wrote:Hey, I forgot that this was during school. I'd just have one kid in tow... hmmm.

I'm going ASAP Friday morning. I'll bring my Taurus, you can shoot it and compare the Strad grips gunshop guy has to mine. :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby tt3 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:44 pm

plblark wrote:
tt3 wrote:Hey, I forgot that this was during school. I'd just have one kid in tow... hmmm.

I'm going ASAP Friday morning. I'll bring my Taurus, you can shoot it and compare the Strad grips gunshop guy has to mine. :-)

You watch my 3yo and not tell my wife?!? :lol:
tt3

Postby plblark on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:25 pm

tt3 wrote:
plblark wrote:

You watch my 3yo and not tell my wife?!? :lol:

I can carry a 3 YO around for 15-20 minutes as I drool over hardware :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby tt3 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:56 pm

What time does it start? :twisted:
tt3

Postby gunshop guy on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:59 pm

Hours are as follows:

Friday 9am - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 7pm
Sunday 10am - 5pm

It starts in 8 hours, I better get some sleep...
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
gunshop guy

Postby Srigs on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:14 am

I will be swinging by on Friday. Maybe will see you all there.
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby tt3 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:42 am

plblark wrote:I can carry a 3 YO around for 15-20 minutes as I drool over hardware :-)

Thanks for letting me check out the grips. I just know my wife would have had some serious issues had I taken you up on the offer to shoot. Nice workmanship Strad!

Gunshop guy, plblark pointed out who you were after we chatted. I finally put a face to the screen name! I was the guy with the loud blue shirt and quiet purple clad 3.5 year old.
Turns out I bought my Kahr from you 1.5yrs ago.

Fun event, I need to get a couple hours away from the kids to actually shoot something next time! At least I got my name entered into the drawing...
tt3

Postby gunshop guy on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:23 pm

The question is, do you like the Kahr? Was it new or used? It is the only time I would ever say i was a "used Kahr Salesman"...

As for the drawing, I hope you win one of the big prizes.
gunshop guy

Postby Srigs on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:41 pm

gunshop guy wrote:The question is, do you like the Kahr? Was it new or used? It is the only time I would ever say i was a "used Kahr Salesman"...

Good to meet you Gunshop guy. Glad I could throw some business your way.

Meet about 10 forum members and customers. Good time. Maybe the spring show I will have a booth setup. :mrgreen:
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby tt3 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:07 am

gunshop guy wrote:The question is, do you like the Kahr? Was it new or used? It is the only time I would ever say i was a "used Kahr Salesman"...

I wear it all day every day, and it was new when I bought it. It works great for code words too. When I put it in the safe I park the Kahr, if my shirt is hiked up and you can see it my wife tells me the kahr is stalling and if I ever get another one I'll just have to pick up a double shoulder rig so I can call it a two Kahr garage.
No complaints from me!
tt3

Postby gunshop guy on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:40 am

Nice. I like the code words, that's good stuff.
gunshop guy

Postby David on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Got another EoTech at the show yesterday, as well as some minor items. Definitely worth stopping in!

Oh, and the FN rep said my SCAR (ordered a few months ago) will be shipping before the end of the year! I don't really believe it, but at least it sounds like they are definitely going to market them to we civilians!
David

Postby mmcnx2 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Went today, not much of anything that you can't get any other day. If you're looking to try a gun then it is a great time but if not then I guess it does not have much to offer.
mmcnx2

Postby tt3 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:06 pm

The prices were pretty decent, though. I had a hard time walking away from those 7.62 rifles in the box... and the Taurus 1911 for under $500... There was a serious risk vs reward going on with that one. Warm bed... .45 warm bed... .45
tt3

PreviousNext

Return to Other Events