Bill's Fall Shooter's Show

Other events and get togethers

Re: Bill's Fall Shooter's Show

Postby tullibee on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:45 pm

everyone should have a couple Russian 7.62 pig-stickers... :D I've already got plenty, but I still looked in the box anyway! kind of wanted the box! hopefully I can win something this time... :idea: saw a couple things on the list that I could find a nice place for. (OK, I did pick something up for myself, but I'll have to assemble it...)
tullibee

Postby Pinnacle on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:36 am

Those Nagants were a good deal at the price. I have a ton of ammo for those.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Pezhead on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:09 pm

We made it on Saturday. I tried out the G26 & the G30FS. We didn't have alot of time though.
Pezhead

Postby Pat on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:17 pm

A buddy and I shot the Sig 556 on Friday. Nice rifle, but incredibly poor factory sights. If you want to go with this platform, go with the "swat" configuration with the addition of the folding stock. That way, you can add whatever iron sights you want. However, their folding stock does not "lock back" when in the bent forward position.

BTW all paper targets died...
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby David on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Pat wrote:A buddy and I shot the Sig 556 on Friday. Nice rifle, but incredibly poor factory sights.

Yeah, those are the worst sights I've ever seen on a rifle. First thing I did when I got mine was put a nice optic on it. If I ever take a class with it I'll put some nice iron sights on it, too.
David

Postby chunkstyle on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:08 pm

I took a peek at the Mosinkas, too. I also mentioned to the staff that I'd like the box. He indicated it was a common sentiment. If I didn't already have 3, I'd have gotten another.

We really should have a Commie gun shoot.
"In his library at Simi Valley, dead Reagan waits dreaming"
chunkstyle

Postby EAGSCCW on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:24 pm

Glad I went today, got to try a LCP, glad I didn't buy one. Couldn't hit a consistant pattern with one. Tried a Walther PPK, was much better and of course a lot more $$. Will have to start looking for a good deal on a PPK.
"Don't Leave Home without It!"
EAGSCCW

Postby DeanC on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:10 am

I've got two of those boxes already. They were like $5 at Sportsman's Guide a long time ago. They smell like the evil empire.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby tullibee on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 am

I don't have enough of them to fill the whole box, so I would have needed a couple more rifles too! Luckily, I was able to resist - i don't have enough room in the apartment for a box like that anyway! :oops:
tullibee

Postby Victoria on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:59 am

EAGSCCW wrote:Glad I went today, got to try a LCP, glad I didn't buy one. Couldn't hit a consistant pattern with one. Tried a Walther PPK, was much better and of course a lot more $$. Will have to start looking for a good deal on a PPK.

Sounds like they got more stuff out after we were there Friday morning. The LCP was one of the things I was hoping to try out and it was nowhere to be found.
Victoria

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:05 pm

Victoria wrote:
Sounds like they got more stuff out after we were there Friday morning. The LCP was one of the things I was hoping to try out and it was nowhere to be found.

It was being rented quite a bit. We have one in our regular rental stock and you're more than welcome to try it next time you're at the range.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Victoria on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:19 pm

Squib Joe wrote:
Victoria wrote:

It was being rented quite a bit. We have one in our regular rental stock and you're more than welcome to try it next time you're at the range.

Ah, good to know! I hadn't seen it in the case last time I was there, but then again I didn't look too hard as I knew I was going to rent a Kimber that time. :)
Victoria

Postby David on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:54 pm

chunkstyle wrote:We really should have a Commie gun shoot.

I'm all for that! 7.62x25 is one of my favorite calibers to shoot. I can bring a couple of Nagants (M91 and M44), a Tokarev (TT-33) pistol, Makarov, CZ50, CZ52, CZ75, vz. 52, AKM, AKS74, and both milled and stamped versions of the SKS. Probably a couple more I can't remember right now. You've probably got all that stuff anyway, but at least there would be lots of choices!
David

Postby DeanC on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:49 am

Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Andrew Rothman on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:35 am

DeanC wrote:The winners list has been posted: http://billsgs.com/modules.php?name=Con ... d=215#drop

Judging by the small number of women I saw there, and the large number of female winners, I'd guess a lot of folks entered their wives and girlfriends' names. Why didn't I think of that? :(
Andrew Rothman

PreviousNext

Return to Other Events