Important 2nd Saturday North Breakfast Issues....

Other events and get togethers

Re: Important 2nd Saturday North Breakfast Issues....

Postby cmj685 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Spike wrote:Is this breakfast open to anyone? Even Noobs to this forum?

How well do you wear a nametag? :D
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby hammAR on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:58 pm

:bravo:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby cmj685 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:00 am

Had a nice email from Justine at Denny's today (though I must say it didn't sound like her--sounded more like the manager using her and talking through her). I enclose it here as well as my response. I hope I responded in an appropriate way on our behalf!

Hi Mike how are you? I'm sending you this message because I wanted to know if you were coming to see me next month? I do apologize for anything that may have happened the last time you were here. I would greatly appreciate it if you would come back to see me next month. As you know I do look forward to seeing you guys every month and I was disappointed when you told me that you may not be able to make it this month. I'm very thankful that you did as you guys make my day, and I hope you will continue to so the same. I promise you that I will continue to give you the excellent customer service that you have always received from me in the past and I do will what I have to to get you to come back. I heard that you were going to go to Old Country Buffet next month and NNNOOOOOO I don't want you to go!!!!! If this has any consolation I will do what I have to to get your business back. Please email me back asap as I would like to know. Thanks and have a
Blessed day.

My response:
Justine,
I appreciate your email. I think you know that the guys of the club are absolutely crazy about you, as I am as well... Never had a better waittress!
That said, I am glad you emailed because the guys wanted to let you know: we will be going to OCB on February 13. In fact, several said that if you wanted to come over to OCB on that day, they would be glad to buy you breakfast! Can you sneak over?
As of now, going over to OCB is a one-time thing, just for February. No decision has been made at this point for March and after. The guys are not happy with the manager at denny's, and the fact that we have outgrown the back room is an important additional concern. Smaller things like the coffee pots and the double-booking last week are not big deals but probably don't help in the long run. We will take a poll after February to see where the guys want to go.
We love you!
Mike
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby old guy's wench on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:39 pm

I sure hope she comes to breakfast with us on the 13th, she deserves to be treated to a meal...
old guy's wench

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:18 pm

Buffet sounds good to me!! And WTF is the deal with the Church or Gun statement??

And while February 2nd is Ground Hog Day, and if the ground hog sees his shadow, it means 6 more weeks of winter. (Never could figure out if that meant a longer or shorter winter in Minnezotah...)

On Feb. 13th, if I see my shadow, it will mean that you get 6 more weeks of

Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby 1911fan on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Church or Gun was a reference to the two groups who were in the back, one was us, obviously, the other was a local church group. I do not think he was being smart ass'y saying it, I think he was just trying to be witty and failing. but I do not think there was any animosity in it.
1911fan

Postby Lady T on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:43 pm

Hey, at least most of you got a choice of "church or gun". When I came in, I was just told where the church group was :roll:
Lady T

Postby westberg on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Lady T wrote:Hey, at least most of you got a choice of "church or gun". When I came in, I was just told where the church group was :roll:

Now would that be profiling or discrimination? :lol:
westberg

Previous

Return to Other Events