10%
Anoka/Ramsey/Champlain Area
10%
Ham Lake/Blaine Area
20%

Total votes : 29

Magnetic North Breakfast

Postby RobD on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:45 am

FJ540 wrote:Maybe Rob and I will start the Magnetic North 2nd saturday breakfast. :P

Great Idea...

Not to rain on the fun of the 2nd Saturday "North" breakfast, but I'd like to get together with some folks North of 694...

Fill out the poll, then we can start brainstorming locations.
Last edited by RobD on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Re: Magnetic North Breakfast

Postby Pezhead on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:54 am

I should try to make these besides the Gopher. Hey I live in Shakopee. OOps I probably shouldn't have checked the lunch one though.
I get up early, so that's not an issue.
Pezhead

Postby 1911fan on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:08 am

well considering that the OCB in maplewood is a whole four blocks south of 694 I think its a big push to say something is needed north of the loop.

Since the pastrami jacks thing died the Dennys/OCB thing has been going on for a long time, and while the numbers are down, its still a nice gettogether.

IF you were wanting a real north breakfast, maybe one up by cambridge?

or probably what is needed now, is a tonka/ep/chan area breakfast for the southwest crews.
1911fan

Postby Paul on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:13 am

1911fan wrote:well considering that the OCB in maplewood is a whole four blocks south of 694 I think its a big push to say something is needed north of the loop.

Since the pastrami jacks thing died the Dennys/OCB thing has been going on for a long time, and while the numbers are down, its still a nice gettogether.

IF you were wanting a real north breakfast, maybe one up by cambridge?

or probably what is needed now, is a tonka/ep/chan area breakfast for the southwest crews.

I vote for St. Francis or Cambridge.... Next to both of the northern gun clubs for after breakfast outings.
Paul

Postby RobD on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 am

1911fan wrote:well considering that the OCB in maplewood is a whole four blocks south of 694 I think its a big push to say something is needed north of the loop.

Is Maplewood somewhere different than on my map?
http://g.co/maps/9h7rh
7 Miles south as the crow flies...

Paul wrote:I vote for St. Francis or Cambridge.... Next to both of the northern gun clubs for after breakfast outings.

I was thinking Anoka/Ramsey/Andover area. Maybe even Blaine.
RobD

Postby 1911fan on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:40 am

Use due diligence Rob :D maple wood is a gerrymandered city which was shaped by political aspirations of a family about the turn of the century (1900's)

basically it runs from 494 to 694 along the eastern edge of st paul. and yes, the OCB we go to is just 4 blocks south of 694
1911fan

Postby RobD on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 am

1911fan wrote:maple wood is a gerrymandered city which was shaped by political aspirations of a family about the turn of the century (1900's)

Not EVERYONE was there then... :lol:

Thanks for the info...

Still curious to see if there's interest in a Andover/Anoka/Blaine ish area get together.
RobD

Postby plblark on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 am

RobD wrote:I was thinking Anoka/Ramsey/Andover area. Maybe even Blaine.

Not to be a dick, but you and FJ were thinking: Maplewood is too far to drive to see you guys ... :-) It would be so much easier if this was in my back yard.

It's like the backyard bonfire and movie nights. I'd much rather have drank cheaper better beer at my house AND hung out with the guys so I issued an invite.

I like your solution: offer an alternative, try not to piss all over the existing event, and put in the time and work to make it happen. Well done.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby RobD on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:18 am

plblark wrote:Not to be a dick,
**** you.
plblark wrote:but you and FJ were thinking: Maplewood is too far to drive to see you guys ... :-) It would be so much easier if this was in my back yard.

It's like the backyard bonfire and movie nights. I'd much rather have drank cheaper better beer at my house AND hung out with the guys so I issued an invite.

So only plblark can organize events close to home? :lol: This had less to do with distance, and more to do with the 2nd weekend rarely working for me.

I'd like to see a weekly option in the 4 corners of the metro... People can go to all 4 if they don't get enough of the Basement online... :)

plblark wrote:I like your solution: offer an alternative, try not to piss all over the existing event, and put in the time and work to make it happen. Well done.

Thanks for logging in today... :lol:
RobD

Postby plblark on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:42 am

Coolio!

Currently, we have:
First Wednesday in the South Central
2nd Sat in the North East
3rd Sat Steel shoot in the far West
Last Thursday in DT MPLS

That leaves 4th Sat or 1st Sat as good options. might want to look at the event calendars to see if one of those is always a SCAPSA or MG&F shoot though.
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby rugersol on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 am

I had actually suggested (in more of a tongue-n-cheek manner) a similar sorta thing ... at Blue Heron, in Hugo.

I don't mind the Anoka/Ramsey location ... so long as there's decent food to be had, there. The few times I've actually been able to go to OCB, I was like "wait a second ... OCB?! :shock: "

I've driven through there a few times ... didn't see much. That one place right on 10 ... food wasn't too bad ... coffee was horrible! :shock:

As to weekend/day ... I shoot a lot ... most matches are Saturdays ... 1st 'n 3rd are a definite no-go. 1st and 4th Sundays are also popular. 1st/4th weekends yer bound to run into Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends. 3rd Sunday, about the only thing ya'd run into is a rare Faribault match! I don't know that a lotta guys that shoot USPSA/SASS would otherwise go to these breakfasts ... but it seems kinda silly to have 'em conflict with big matches!

I like the idea of shootin', after!
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Magnetic North Breakfast

Postby xd ED on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:23 am

If you want to start your own breakfast, first start your own thread. From what I've been reading of late, there are sensitivities to be observed.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby rugersol on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:51 am

xd ED wrote:If you want to start your own breakfast, first start your own thread. From what I've been reading of late, there are sensitivities to be observed.

Ain't that precisely what he did? Image
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Magnetic North Breakfast

Postby xd ED on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:55 am

rugersol wrote:
xd ED wrote:If you want to start your own breakfast, first start your own thread. From what I've been reading of late, there are sensitivities to be observed.

Ain't that precisely what he did? Image

Well kiss me hard; you are correct sir. Some how I got crossthreaded by my phone.
Carry on
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby plblark on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:56 am

Sure, blame technology :-)
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Next

Return to Other Events