Fundraiser at restaurants to help Uptown fire survivor

Other events and get togethers

Re: Fundraiser at restaurants to help Uptown fire survivor

Postby SparkyJeff on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:24 am

farmerj
Where do you get the magic insurance policy that will bring your friends and loved ones back?
The insurance that will return your fathers comic book collection?
that's difficult to do.
OK I'll make it super easy. Where do you find the insurance that will simply guarantee you a return of 100% of the value of the things that you lost. You know, so you can just go out and replace everything that was lost?
I'm sure a person could buy an insurance policy like that. Paying for it? Not likely.
Medical bills are expensive. A 3 mile ride in an ambulance to the emergency room cost me over a thousand dollars, 8 years ago.
I do hope there is a way to give cash donations at Burger Jones. If not I'll seek out 1911fan and give it to him.
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Fundraiser at restaurants to help Uptown fire survivor

Postby SparkyJeff on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 pm

This place is busy

ETA; I posted that While in the bar area of Burger Jones.
Last edited by SparkyJeff on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby Paul on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Met some friends at the Burnsville location for lunch before work today.

Maybe 1911fan could get list of items his nephew may need.... I'm sure a number of us would be willing to pick up some stuff and send his way.
Paul

Postby Sherry on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Ugh. Ppl srsly starting drama. Inapropriate. This isn't a post for debate, it is for support.

I think we missed the event, but let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Sherry

Postby Thunderjohn on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Paul wrote:Met some friends at the Burnsville location for lunch before work today.

Maybe 1911fan could get list of items his nephew may need.... I'm sure a number of us would be willing to pick up some stuff and send his way.

+1 Would like to help since we didn't get to the restaurant.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm

farmerj wrote:Sorry for his losses.

A home owner is required to have insurance. Includes coverage for personal belongings.

Renters have the same option w/ renters insurance to cover personal property.

Just saying.

Flame suit on

While you may be right what you said is sort f like telling the woman that just got raped she was asking for it. Jerk assed comment Farmer.

Not constructive.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby meddin on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:03 am

Paul wrote:Met some friends at the Burnsville location for lunch before work today.

+1 what does he need? Can we donate directly?
meddin

Postby 1911fan on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:20 am

To all who have asked or wish to know more about direct donations. I am going to see Alex at church today and I will find out what he needs and which is the best form for him to get it in.

Again thanks to all who went to burger jones yesterday and thanks to all who have offered to help on here and in PM's.
1911fan

Postby Sherry on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Anything you/he need!

If anyone would like to better understand just how awful burn injuries can be, I would suggest watching the Dax Cowart Story. It details the worse case scenario of burn injuries and the treatment of them. Medical technology has improved a lot since Dax's time, but I cannot imagine the pain and horror Alex has been through, and loosing his friend too.

I hope your family is getting the support and care you need in this difficult time.
Sherry

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:18 am

Well, a useful idea finally came into my head!! In addition, seeing as farmerj is on my Ignore list, I have been spared whatever he said.

Now, I have lots of clothing in a fairly large size (XL turtlenecks and 38-34 jeans) that I could get rid of, and most importantly, a Gold Standard therapy dog that is nationally licensed, and I'm free Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Pete, you got my number. And FWIW, you have never seen Sasha with her "game face" on - the waitresses at Alary's are so easy she doesn't even try...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby xd ED on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

I've got some some clothing I could donate as well, If you would post his sizes and we'll see what we can come up with...
Maybe a bit of a fundraiser/ donation drop off at Alary's would be a good idea..
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby 1911fan on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Alex is a bike rider, goes about 5'8'' 150 or less.

His burns are miraculously only on his legs and chest, and healing very well. The rubble that fell on him acted as an insulator. If you saw him standing there, you would not know he was in a fire two weeks ago. He is still dealing mostly with his loss of his best friend. The burns will heal, his lungs are much much better, almost healed.

At this time if someone wants to make a cash/gift card/clothing donation, the easiest would be to PM me and I will forward my brother's address or mine and I will get it to him.

The tool loss is most Park Bike tools. They are not cheap, and I don't have a list yet of stuff he had. That is my next endeavor to get that from him. Alex is fiercely independent, and is uncomfortable with all the attention, particularly because Jay is not available to be there with him. So I am trying to go about this slowly.
1911fan

Postby meddin on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Pm sent.
meddin

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:38 am

5'8" - 150 he could use on of my turtlenecks for a tent. Sounds like it's gonna be cash for me, but Sasha and I could still do a house call if it would be appreciated, and since she's been working a hospice for two full years now, comforting bereaved family members is a definite strong suit.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Previous

Return to Other Events