30%
Will Not Attend
30%
Maybe
38%

Total votes : 42

OPEN CARRY Cigar Night: Poll

Postby Kahr on Tue May 29, 2012 10:19 am

Paul and I would like to host a Cigar night. We would be renting out Little Havana Tobacco in Anoka, providing a small dinner and getting to know each other. Little Havana in a Very carry friendly place!

We are thinking of getting together around 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 19th. The date is firm, but the time is not... Come and leave whenever... We will be there late.

Here is a link to them for more info, and some pictures.

http://littlehavanatobaccoinc.vpweb.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Ha ... 4953613199

Kahr

Re: Cigar Night: Poll

Postby JoeH on Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 am

I'll skip SCAPSA for this meet-up.
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby PRS on Tue May 29, 2012 11:03 am

skip scapsa?! blasphemy
PRS

Postby plblark on Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 am

I'd skip SCAPSA for this too. (Of course, I'd have to get my fix in somewhere else during the week :-))
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby tt3 on Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 am

How late are you going to be there? Kid #2 has a soccer game til after 8.
tt3

Postby Paul on Tue May 29, 2012 12:25 pm

tt3 wrote:How late are you going to be there? Kid #2 has a soccer game til after 8.

Well after 9.... The shop's posted hours are untill 9 pm, but they are quite accommodating and will stay open much later if the group is there.

So to answer your question, feel free to come whenever, we'll still be there.
Paul

Re: OPEN CARRY Cigar Night: Poll

Postby Paul on Tue May 29, 2012 1:39 pm

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Just to elaborate a bit. Little Havana is a local shop that we frequent on a regular basis. The owners are great people who are VERY pro-2A and support carry. We are organizing as an excuse for the gun folks to get together, to see folks that we may not see often, and to help support this local business.

Also, this will be an OPEN CARRY event. Obviously concealed carry is fine also. I would ask that if you do decide to open carry (which is supported by the store owners/management) that you do it in a respectful and tasteful manner. ---> This isn't the Gopher, so nothing crazy or over the top.

Finally, depending on the poll results and how many people will be attending. There are some food options we will post/discuss.

Thanks!
Paul

Postby tt3 on Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Paul wrote:
tt3 wrote:How late are you going to be there? Kid #2 has a soccer game til after 8.

Well after 9.... The shop's posted hours are untill 9 pm, but they are quite accommodating and will stay open much later if the group is there.

So to answer your question, feel free to come whenever, we'll still be there.

Cool. I'm a "maybe", best I can do. It's been a LONG time since I've had a good cigar.
tt3

OPEN CARRY Cigar Night: Poll

Postby Irish.40 on Tue May 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Just tell me when. Hopefully on a Friday or Saturday night. I don't smoke cigars as my lungs get jealous. They prefer cigarettes. Course I suspect and will understand if I need to step outside for that. I am looking forward to meeting like minded people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -James Madison
Irish.40

Postby Thunder71 on Tue May 29, 2012 2:14 pm

I'd go just to meet some more people of the forum but it's a little far for me to squeeze in between work and coaching little league.
Thunder71

Postby Paul on Tue May 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Irish.40 wrote:Just tell me when. Hopefully on a Friday or Saturday night. I don't smoke cigars as my lungs get jealous. They prefer cigarettes. Course I suspect and will understand if I need to step outside for that. I am looking forward to meeting like minded people.

The date is listed on the poll... Tuesday, June 19th - I realize that the weekdays are not best for some, but that is a slow time for them and when they can give us use of the place for our group.
Paul

Postby Spartan on Tue May 29, 2012 2:36 pm

I am a definite "probably" on the attend list.
I like the Gun guys better than the old jock crowd I started this life with. Now than I am over the jock hill ... I can say I like this group musch better than the Golf crowd too.
Spartan

Postby Paul on Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Spartan wrote:I am a definite "probably" on the attend list.
I like the Gun guys better than the old jock crowd I started this life with. Now than I am over the jock hill ... I can say I like this group musch better than the Golf crowd too.

Great, hope to see you there!

Don't forget to answer the poll now, or in the near future, so we can get a rough headcount to let them know, and make potential food plans.
Paul

Postby Kahr on Tue May 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Thunder71 wrote:I'd go just to meet some more people of the forum but it's a little far for me to squeeze in between work and coaching little league.

Like Paul said, we will be there late, so if you can make it at all please come! Even if it's just to say Hi :-)
Kahr

Postby timwarner on Tue May 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Sorry guys, I work very early.
I gotta be in bed by 10 or I turn into a pumpkin, and hurt myself at work.
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Next

Return to Other Events