Outbreak Omega 5

Other events and get togethers

Re: Outbreak Omega 5

Postby smokintone on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Ridz wrote:yes i was at the first one, and i think the numbers took them by surprise. There were very few stages and lots of shooters, I remember wasting a bunch of ammo on the free fire range just throwing lead down range. Then I took a year off and went back when it was at morristown, big difference. Lots of stages, I ended up hanging out around the hand gun stages mostly.
I am baffled by the lack of website information too. In the past they had a prize table were you could see (and day dream) all the guns that were going out and all the prizes, a registration list so you could see which of your buddies signed up, every stage spelled out with ammo counts...this year not so much. A lot of Facebook trolling to get any info. When I finally registered and got my info in the mail it was very helpful as far as start times, early registration, friday dinner.
If it keeps growing like it is, they will have to have a dedicated team just for website stuff. But when push comes to shove they end up pulling off a really good event. The smaller prizes seemed almost unending when you are waiting for the guns, this year according to the mailing they are giving away the guns FIRST and then the smaller stuff,,,Great decision on their parts, a lot of people will be happy if that is the way it works out. And as far as dressing the part, there is a substantial gift certificate for the best dressed so there is a reason to go a little tinfoil hatish too.
Lots of gun magazine people walking around, pictures, articles, industry people, it is really a blast even if you bring just your 22lr's you will have fun.

and if it still doesn't get you going, the gun shop at ahlman's is amazing and you can easily waste a few hours in there.

I think some of you are confusing when the first Outbreak Omega occurred. Last year was the first year at Ahlmans, this year will be the second time. They had 3 Outbreak's up in St.Cloud before coming to Ahlmans, so the first one would have been in "08" This year is number '5"
smokintone

Postby Stradawhovious on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm

smokintone wrote:I think some of you are confusing when the first Outbreak Omega occurred. Last year was the first year at Ahlmans, this year will be the second time. They had 3 Outbreak's up in St.Cloud before coming to Ahlmans, so the first one would have been in "08" This year is number '5"

All of my posts are related to the first one held at St cloud in '08.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby smokintone on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:00 am

Stradawhovious wrote:
smokintone wrote:I think some of you are confusing when the first Outbreak Omega occurred. Last year was the first year at Ahlmans, this year will be the second time. They had 3 Outbreak's up in St.Cloud before coming to Ahlmans, so the first one would have been in "08" This year is number '5"

Okie Dokie!
smokintone

Postby Ridz on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:17 am

I was at the first one in St. Cloud, 3rd one in St. Cloud and then the first time at Ahlman's. It was a great move even though it added about 3 hours to my drive, that is a good campus with lots of stages and plenty of indoor space.
Ridz

Postby smokintone on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:37 am

Stradawhovious wrote:

Are you sure you werre at the first one in "08"? The thing about digital pictures is, they hold alot of information, and with programs like Photoshop, you can pull out that info:
Notice the time stamp on the right? 4-25-09
Here is my buddys pic from the same stage at Outbreak Omega 2. Notice alot of similarities?
Just sayin.............
smokintone

Postby Stradawhovious on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:46 am

Apparently this was the second one, and I believed it to be the first, and yes I'm aware of the photoshop exif data, just didn't care enough to pull it over a trivial intrawebs "argument" with a random stranger.

I stand corrected.

Feel better that you're right?

:roll:

My rant still stands. Too long of lines, too minimal of safety practices.
Stradawhovious

Postby smokintone on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 am

No, I wasn't trying to be a dick, I just knew I was right. You are right about the lines, they get really long, and that is why they made it a 2 day event the last year before coming to Ahlmans. If it gets much bigger, they may have to make it a 2 day event again. Not sure why they don't already. Maybe because Ahlmans traditionally are not open on Sundays?
smokintone

Postby Stradawhovious on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 am

smokintone wrote:No, I wasn't trying to be a dick, I just knew I was right.

Okie Dokie.

:|
Stradawhovious

Postby Gustavs01 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:24 am

I'm excited for this shoot, My wife and I plan to attend as this will be our 2nd year, We plan to camp both Friday and Saturday nights, as the camping is half the fun. We'll be mixed in with the Trailer Trash Militia, we plan to grab the spot nearest the stage inside the Fort, my buddy will be bringing his Dvd and projector and will be having a good time showing movies! So come on by have a beer and some good laughs, Hope to see you all on Friday and or Saturday.
Μολών λαβέ
Gustavs01

Postby MnHornet on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:53 am

Yep, looked like the folks in the fort had fun. See you there. I plan to be on my way down there early afternoon.
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Postby David on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Anyone know if there is any kind of age restriction? For shooting OR just walking around? I'm thinking about bringing one or both of my kids.
David

Postby codilly on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 pm

I didn't see anything that said something about age restrictions.
Life time NRA member
codilly

Postby JustinPo on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 pm

David wrote:Anyone know if there is any kind of age restriction? For shooting OR just walking around? I'm thinking about bringing one or both of my kids.

Based on the docs found in the second page of this thread I would say if you can sign the waiver (or have your parent do so) you can walk around, shooting may be a different story though.
JustinPo

Postby Collector1337420 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:55 pm

David wrote:Anyone know if there is any kind of age restriction? For shooting OR just walking around? I'm thinking about bringing one or both of my kids.

When I got my stuff in the mail they said everyone needs to sign a waiver "including minor children". So, you would have to do it for them of course.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Collector1337420

Postby igofast on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 am

Weather looks decent at high of 75 and 30% chance of rain. Only slightly better odds than winning a gun ;) . Heading down tonight from St. Cloud to partake in some free beer and looking forward to putting a bunch of lead down range tomorrow.
igofast

PreviousNext

Return to Other Events