Open Carry Litter Clean Up & Friendly Gathering

Other events and get togethers

Open Carry Litter Clean Up & Friendly Gathering

Postby Irish.40 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:39 pm

I am posting this in order to help spread the word about a great event coming up on the 22nd of July. I am not the organizer of the event. Just an attendee that would like to see as many people come out as possible!! :D

http://www.facebook.com/events/443712578992875/

"Come on out for a neighborly open carry trash pickup Sunday, July 22nd. We'll clean up Lake Calhoun Park, feed the ducks and otherwise have a grand ole time. Bring your gloves, trash bags, your openly- but securely-carried pistol. After we clean up the park, we'll grab a bite to eat. Those without pistols are also welcome!

*All participants agree to be audio- and video-taped. A calm bearing when dealing with members of the public and any government agents is a must.*

*Read this part carefully*!
WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAND OUT LITERATURE!!!
The only way we are allowed to do so is if the public approaches you. Then you can handout an information flyer. Please do not do this unless they come to you, you will be fined and it wont look good on us.

How to find us:

We will be meeting at the Tin Fish.
3000 E Calhoun Pkwy 59987
Minneapolis, MN 55408.

(The Tin Fish is not organizing nor hosting this event in any way. we are being allowed to gather and eat there. So please be very respectful and curious)

My email is paulleason08@gmail.com I can respond quickly to any questions with my phone."
Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -James Madison
Irish.40

Re: Open Carry Litter Clean Up & Friendly Gathering

Postby photogpat on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Looks like it starts at noon?
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Be respectful and curious?
Thunder71

Postby photogpat on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Be respectful and curious?

"Open Carry" curious perhaps?
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Irish.40 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm

photogpat wrote:Looks like it starts at noon?

Yes, Noon. Will be meeting at the Tin Fish on the east side of the lake, just south of Lake st. Please see the attached link for all the details. The City of Minneapolis has said that we cannot hand out literature to the public unless they approach you.
Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -James Madison
Irish.40

Postby Irish.40 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:18 pm

As stated, I am not the creator of the event. So that means I am in no way responsible for any typo's that were copied, especially any typo's that are in any of my replies. :lol:
Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
Irish.40

Postby Audible Chocolate on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Hello all. I am the person organizing the open carry event. Nice to have an account on this forum finally. Just haven't gotten to it sooner. I hope to see everyone there. Also the word auto correct meant to say was courteous. lol
Audible Chocolate

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Welcome!

That makes more sense, I thought a bunch of open carriers being curious would get the wrong attention. :grin: The link in your sig however made me lose interest... not looking to be part of a demonstration/viral YouTube video.

Posted using Tapatalk.
Last edited by Thunder71 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thunder71

Postby Paul on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Audible Chocolate wrote:Hello all. I am the person organizing the open carry event. Nice to have an account on this forum finally. Just haven't gotten to it sooner. I hope to see everyone there. Also the word auto correct meant to say was courteous. lol

I really enjoy the "**** The Police" photo from the link in your signature line.
Paul

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:42 pm

What's the purpose of this event and what is its connection to "Minnesota Cop Block"?

I'm fully supportive of RKBA / Open Carry events - but I'm not interested in some sort of anti-law enforcement group involvement. Details, please?

Thanks -
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Audible Chocolate on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:44 pm

I personally did not post that photo but another admin of Cop Block did. I will forward your empathy to her.

Also bstrawse, I am an admin of Minnesota Cop Block. This has no correlation to Cop Block but only to spread awareness of carry laws in Minnesota. Minnesota Cop block is not an "Anti- LEO" page. It's main perpose is to gain transparency of different agencies. We post many nice things about officers for doing great work. I personally have no problems with most police.
Last edited by Audible Chocolate on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audible Chocolate

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Also - what's up with this: "All participants agree to be audio- and video-taped."?
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Audible Chocolate on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 pm

bstrawse wrote:Also - what's up with this: "All participants agree to be audio- and video-taped."?
b

I intend to be video and audio recording most of the event. I am just letting people know in advance that I will be doing so and that others are welcome to do so as well. Even though there is no public expectaion to privacy at the park, I still don't want to step on peoples toes.
Audible Chocolate

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 pm

Audible Chocolate wrote:I personally did not post that photo but another admin of Cop Block did. I will forward your empathy to her.

Also bstrawse, I am an admin of Minnesota Cop Block. This has no correlation to Cop Block but only to spread awareness of carry laws in Minnesota. Minnesota Cop block is not an "Anti- LEO" page. It's main perpose is to gain transparency of different agencies. We post many nice things about officers for doing great work. I personally have no problems with most police.

I have no problem with transparency - but what's on that page isn't exactly supportive of law enforcement... The larger Cop Block organization I'm also familiar with - and while I applaud some of their efforts, alot of them were deliberate attempts to stir crap up. I hope that's not the intent of this event.
bstrawse

Postby Audible Chocolate on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:31 pm

bstrawse wrote:
Audible Chocolate wrote:I personally did not post that photo but another admin of Cop Block did. I will forward your empathy to her.

Also bstrawse, I am an admin of Minnesota Cop Block. This has no correlation to Cop Block but only to spread awareness of carry laws in Minnesota. Minnesota Cop block is not an "Anti- LEO" page. It's main purpose is to gain transparency of different agencies. We post many nice things about officers for doing great work. I personally have no problems with most police.

I have no problem with transparency - but what's on that page isn't exactly supportive of law enforcement... The larger Cop Block organization I'm also familiar with - and while I applaud some of their efforts, alot of them were deliberate attempts to stir crap up. I hope that's not the intent of this event.

It's true, Cop Block posts a lot of negative information about police departments, it's Cop Block. There are websites for positive and websites for negative. I have no problem with commending police when it's due.
The only Role Minnesota Cop Block will play in this event is hosting a gallery of the photos and video after the event.

The main objective is to spread awareness of rights and laws Minnesota offers to the public. Rights they should take advantage of.
Audible Chocolate

Next

Return to Other Events