RE the second saturday breakfast........

Other events and get togethers

RE the second saturday breakfast........

Postby 1911fan on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:12 am

i realize we are way ahead here, and I am over taking Mike's perogative, HOWEVER< this year the second saturday breakfast falls on the opener of deer hunting for many of us who hunt, And with the Effen Gopher breakfast happening just a week before, I am wondering if we can consider moving the second saturday breakfast, JUST THIS ONCE, to the third sat so that we may return from the field and brag about how close we came to killing deer this year.........Someone who knows how to set up a poll on this header may do so......

If the mood is to keep it, so be it, but its gotten to be one of my favorite things lately, so just seeing if there is sufficient interest to move it.
1911fan

Re: RE the second saturday breakfast........

Postby cmj685 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:07 am

If there is interest in moving the November breakfast, why don't you guys chime in. We can certainly do it from our end if enough people would attend on the third Saturday to make it worthwhile for Denny's...and I can call Denny's to see if the back room is available on the third Saturday. That would be the only question, I suppose. Post a reply if you would like to go with the third Saturday in November.
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby monschman on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:09 am

i'll second that, we could call it the once removed second saturday breakfast. :D
or.........we could have a pre-hunt supper at the same bat location, but lets say thursday evening, and call it the pre second saturday non breakfast. :lol:
monschman

Postby hammAR on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:46 am

You gentlemen assume everyone is going deer hunting. Personally, I probably can't make it on the third Saturday because I may be celebrating one of the following holiday events:

1307 - According to legend, William Tell shoots an apple off of his son's head.
1493 - Christopher Columbus first sights what is now Puerto Rico.
1883 - American and Canadian railroads institute five standard continental time zones, ending the confusion of thousands of local times.
1918 - Latvia declares its independence from Russia.
1978 - Jonestown incident:

:rotf:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby 1911fan on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:11 am

Well Gunny, I know that in your advancing years, the challenge of hitting something that is moving has exceeded your dwindling abilities, but some of us can still see well enough to line up the sights on a target... :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:
And now having said that, with the down fall of the economy, unless I kill some meat, I am going to be eating vegan this winter........
1911fan

Postby TC95GT on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:17 am

hammAR wrote:You gentlemen assume everyone is going deer hunting. Personally, I probably can't make it on the third Saturday because I may be celebrating one of the following holiday events:
1883 - American and Canadian railroads institute five standard continental time zones, ending the confusion of thousands of local times.

How bout you just celebrate this one and show up on time.
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Postby hammAR on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:10 am

TC95GT wrote:
hammAR wrote:You gentlemen assume everyone is going deer hunting. Personally, I probably can't make it on the third Saturday because I may be celebrating one of the following holiday events:

How bout you just celebrate this one and show up on time.

If they would only standardize on Mil time I would be ok as 0830 only shows up once on my watch............... ;)

1911fan wrote:Well Gunny, I know that in your advancing years, the challenge of hitting something that is moving has exceeded your dwindling abilities, but some of us can still see well enough to line up the sights on a target...

.....any time any location pissant........ :twisted:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby monschman on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:53 pm

1911fan wrote:Well Gunny, I know that in your advancing years, the challenge of hitting something that is moving has exceeded your dwindling abilities, but some of us can still see well enough to line up the sights on a target... :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:
And now having said that, with the down fall of the economy, unless I kill some meat, I am going to be eating vegan this winter........

eating vegans???? theres a solution i never though of, kind of like some new funky soylent green eh. :twisted:
monschman

Postby cmj685 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:58 pm

OK. I checked with Denny's and the back room is open on the third Saturday in November. So we need to get a quick and reasonably accurate count as to whether the majority would like to move the breakfast to the third Saturday for November only, or keep it at the second Saturday as usual. Please check in and give us your opinion as soon as possible so I can get back to Dennys. As for me, I won't be able to be at the third Saturday, but that's just me.
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby nyffman on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:08 am

I'll be there either day.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby W0THK on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:24 am

Either day is fine with me, too.

TomK
Mpls, MN
W0THK

Postby TC95GT on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:31 am

As of right now I am good either day.
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Postby Ironbear on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:29 am

Gopher it.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby JoeH on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 am

Ironbear wrote:Gopher it.

That's on November 1st. ;)

http://mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4759
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby BlackEagl on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Either day (or both) works for me. :)
BlackEagl

Next

Return to Other Events