Time to sign up for Feb. 21st Breakfast!!!

Other events and get togethers

Will you man/woman up and show up at the EFFEN Gopher bar on the 21st?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:42 pm

l will be coming by myself.
59%
I will be coming with one other person.
25%
I will be coming with two other people.
3%
I will be coming with three other people.
11%

Total votes : 27

Re: Time to sign up for Feb. 21st Breakfast!!!

Postby EAJuggalo on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:teen-age girls don't eat that much.

Have you even seen teenage girls eat without teen age boys around? I've seen three teenage girls kill three large pizzas and want more.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:19 am

EAJuggalo wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:teen-age girls don't eat that much.

Have you even seen teenage girls eat without teen age boys around? I've seen three teenage girls kill three large pizzas and want more.

Good point. My daughters are 28 and 31, so I kinda forgot about that...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby MWAG on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:43 am

Ugh, still in for the breakfast, but my day got much busier. So I won't be there for too long
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Re:

Postby Pat Cannon on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:11 pm

MWAG wrote:Ugh, still in for the breakfast, but my day got much busier. So I won't be there for too long

I feel your pain. I gotta drive my wife to work at 9 so I'll be late, so I guess I'll be stuck with a tactically undesirable seat with my back to the door.
Pat Cannon

Postby armedwalleye on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:19 pm

With everyone there, you should be safe. I'd see the larger disadvantage to be the reduced availability of bacon.....
The weaponized fish.....
armedwalleye

Postby Pat Cannon on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:29 pm

armedwalleye wrote:With everyone there, you should be safe. I'd see the larger disadvantage to be the reduced availability of bacon.....

True. I've said before, if anything were to happen there I'd probably just plug my ears anyway. :)
Pat Cannon

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 pm

There are also relentless breakfast sausages which are very yummy, and will put you in the same state of cholesterol shock as the bacon. Then there are scrambled eggs, French toast, and scrambled eggs with chorizo sausage show up some time.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Lumpy on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:11 pm

What's the parking situation?
Lumpy

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Pay lot to the east. Put your pay stub on you dash. When it switched over to pay stub I didn't read all of the directions. Became a very costly breakfast.
Sorcerer

Postby armedwalleye on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Just a short note of thanks to the organizers here, and to George and Cheri and their staff for the opportunity to put a couple names onto faces, and have a great, healthy meal! Remember, blood pressure is like oil pressure. The higher the better.
The weaponized fish.....
armedwalleye

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:13 pm

FYI for NEXT time, seeing as we all pulled this one off, if you go UP Wacouta street 2 blocks beyond East 7th Street and then hang a U-Turn (traffic permitting!!!) as you go back South on Wacouta you will find all the parking meters on you right are the old fashioned kind, have a 10 hour capacity, and are only 25 cents for 30 minutes!!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby FJ540 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:26 pm

I paid $4 for 24 hours, then gave my ticket to a couple guys just getting in the parking lot as I was leaving - thus improving their day. ;)
FJ540

Postby smurfman on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:31 am

Thanks to George, Cheri, and everyone else at the Gopher for the great breakfast. Thanks to Sam also for getting this event going.

My wife thoroughly enjoyed the meal. She overloaded on bacon and happily complained of it the rest of the morning. She was rather curious about all the people carrying pistols, I just explained it was George's rule for the event. I didn't have the courage to open carry myself as I didn't want to get into that type of discussion on our anniversary.

Again, thanks to everyone for a great meal and start to the day.
smurfman

Postby photogpat on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:10 pm

smurfman wrote:Thanks to George, Cheri, and everyone else at the Gopher for the great breakfast. Thanks to Sam also for getting this event going.

My wife thoroughly enjoyed the meal. She overloaded on bacon and happily complained of it the rest of the morning. She was rather curious about all the people carrying pistols, I just explained it was George's rule for the event. I didn't have the courage to open carry myself as I didn't want to get into that type of discussion on our anniversary.

Again, thanks to everyone for a great meal and start to the day.

Oh....so THATS why she was looking at my waist the whole time. Here I thought she was just a fan of my .44
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Pat Cannon on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:FYI for NEXT time, seeing as we all pulled this one off, if you go UP Wacouta street 2 blocks beyond East 7th Street and then hang a U-Turn (traffic permitting!!!) as you go back South on Wacouta you will find all the parking meters on you right are the old fashioned kind, have a 10 hour capacity, and are only 25 cents for 30 minutes!!!

That's what I did. I was feeling smart until I realized I was short of cash for my coney & Grain Belt and I had to pay the $2 idiot fee at the ATM. (Still worth it though :) )
Pat Cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Other Events