Gun Owners Rally @ The Capitol April 28th, 2018

Other events and get togethers

Postby INOR on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:41 pm

The other gem that I saw there were a few bikers who had their own little club. Wearing leather cuts with their club patches on the back. Bikers Against Radical Islam. Seriously? That’s something you want to form a biker club around. Going all Sons of Anarchy with that? Cool bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby INOR on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:54 pm

As far as the rebel flag, I’m certainly not offended by it personally although I don’t get why anyone wants to flaunt that. But I agree that it serves no purpose there other than to give the liberals something to point at and stereotype all gun owners as backwards racist rednecks. Sorry if that offends your southern pride, big dog. But that’s the current reality of the perception behind that flag. Don’t think that will ever be stricken from the populist record.

On a separate note, the two guys with the African American gun group were great. Thought they were some of the best speakers there. Even if their speeches were short, to me they were meaningful. This is a group that sadly often aligns itself with the opposition and is underrepresented as far as gun rights are concerned.

One last thought....damn it would have been cool if a gun rights democrat bucked their party and came out to this rally and spoke. What a powerful message that would be if someone was brave enough to stand up and say that, while they don’t agree with most gun owners on issues like fiscal and social policy, they are at least on the same page with supporting this right under the constitution. But sadly, that’s probably a pipe dream. That kind of democrat just doesn’t exist, even up on the range.

INOR

Re: Gun Owners Rally @ The Capitol April 28th, 2018

Postby Ghost on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:59 pm

INOR wrote:The other gem that I saw there were a few bikers who had their own little club. Wearing leather cuts with their club patches on the back. Bikers Against Radical Islam. Seriously? That’s something you want to form a biker club around. Going all Sons of Anarchy with that? Cool bro.

Interesting you say that. I was out of state on business this week and saw some real outlaw bikers at the “restaurant” we stopped at. I got the name off their rockers and googled them to read their list of felonies. I also noted that one of the younger girls had a jacket with rockers, the top one said property of and the bottom one said one of the names I read on wiki. Needless to say I kept my distance and all went well.
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:56 pm

BigDog58 wrote:All you Yankee Boys, need to lay off the Confederate Flag. Thousands of Americans died fighting for that flag. 100's were from my family. None of them were wealthy land owners, much less slave owners. They were proud of the states they lived in, and made the ultimate sacrifice, to prove their belief in their rights.

I'm glad there was a good turnout. I had previously volunteered to help with the PRS Building Skills at GRRC today.

Which is all well and good, until every single press conversation I had post-event started with a question about the Confederate flag.

It puts the focus on the WRONG issue.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:58 pm

INOR wrote:As far as the rebel flag, I’m certainly not offended by it personally although I don’t get why anyone wants to flaunt that. But I agree that it serves no purpose there other than to give the liberals something to point at and stereotype all gun owners as backwards racist rednecks. Sorry if that offends your southern pride, big dog. But that’s the current reality of the perception behind that flag. Don’t think that will ever be stricken from the populist record.

On a separate note, the two guys with the African American gun group were great. Thought they were some of the best speakers there. Even if their speeches were short, to me they were meaningful. This is a group that sadly often aligns itself with the opposition and is underrepresented as far as gun rights are concerned.

One last thought....damn it would have been cool if a gun rights democrat bucked their party and came out to this rally and spoke. What a powerful message that would be if someone was brave enough to stand up and say that, while they don’t agree with most gun owners on issues like fiscal and social policy, they are at least on the same page with supporting this right under the constitution. But sadly, that’s probably a pipe dream. That kind of democrat just doesn’t exist, even up on the range.

Louis and Daniel are great. If you havent' seen video of Daniel testifying against Dave Pinto's universal background check legislation, you've missed a fun ten minutes ;)
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby goett047 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:34 pm

bstrawse wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:All you Yankee Boys, need to lay off the Confederate Flag. Thousands of Americans died fighting for that flag. 100's were from my family. None of them were wealthy land owners, much less slave owners. They were proud of the states they lived in, and made the ultimate sacrifice, to prove their belief in their rights.

I'm glad there was a good turnout. I had previously volunteered to help with the PRS Building Skills at GRRC today.

Which is all well and good, until every single press conversation I had post-event started with a question about the Confederate flag.

It puts the focus on the WRONG issue.

This. Fly your confederate flag in your backyard.
goett047

Postby INOR on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:45 pm

Ghost wrote:Interesting you say that. I was out of state on business this week and saw some real outlaw bikers at the “restaurant” we stopped at. I got the name off their rockers and googled them to read their list of felonies. I also noted that one of the younger girls had a jacket with rockers, the top one said property of and the bottom one said one of the names I read on wiki. Needless to say I kept my distance and all went well.

Good choice to stay clear. I find biker clubs reasonably fascinating. Would love to safely observe some Hell’s Angels and Bandidos in their natural habitat. Maybe I need to keep sturgis on a bucket list.

INOR

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:58 pm

INOR wrote:
Ghost wrote:Interesting you say that. I was out of state on business this week and saw some real outlaw bikers at the “restaurant” we stopped at. I got the name off their rockers and googled them to read their list of felonies. I also noted that one of the younger girls had a jacket with rockers, the top one said property of and the bottom one said one of the names I read on wiki. Needless to say I kept my distance and all went well.

Good choice to stay clear. I find biker clubs reasonably fascinating. Would love to safely observe some Hell’s Angels and Bandidos in their natural habitat. Maybe I need to keep sturgis on a bucket list.

Don’t get too close to the doctors, dentists and lawyeritos at Sturgis. They may suck up all your money and use it to chrome their bikes.
Ghost

Postby INOR on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:23 pm

Ghost wrote:Don’t get too close to the doctors, dentists and lawyeritos at Sturgis. They may suck up all your money and use it to chrome their bikes.

Lol

INOR

Previous

Return to Other Events