Gun Owners Rally @ The Capitol April 28th, 2018

Other events and get togethers

Postby INOR on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:53 am

Bessy wrote:I'm just hoping no one shows up with a confederate flag. In terms of optics gun owners can be our own worst enemy.

First thing I see today. Some militia dressed douche nozzles carrying a flag that is half American flag and half confederate flag. ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby INOR on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:02 am

And some AR carrying folks, mags locked and loaded, one of them with a drum mag, with selector levers in the fire position.

INOR

Postby INOR on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:19 am

The good news is that just about everybody else are just regular, normal folks. Hopefully will be a good turnout!

INOR

Re: Gun Owners Rally @ The Capitol April 28th, 2018

Postby nhluke on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Personal favorite here is the 1776 drummer.
nhluke

Postby Ghost on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Couldn’t make it. Got sent out of state last night to work on some equipment. Thanks to those in attendance.
Ghost

Postby atomic41 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:54 pm

Great turnout today! There were about 2,000 people.
atomic41

Postby INOR on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:44 pm

They said about 3000 from the podium. But that was probably being generous. Wish more would have showed.

INOR

Postby jdege on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:43 pm

INOR wrote:They said about 3000 from the podium. But that was probably being generous. Wish more would have showed.

I took a look from the top of the stairs, and if 3000 is an over-estimate, if not by much.

The remodel of the plaza gives a lot more room.
jdege

Postby BigBlue on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:39 pm

It was a great crowd. And even though there were the folks mentioned above carrying ARs and the partial confederate flag they were by far in the minority and they didn't seem to be calling extra attention. Everyone in the crowd was respectful and wonderful participants, at least from what I saw and heard about 4 o'clock from the podium. These are my people and I'm happy to stand with them.

BB
BigBlue

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:51 pm

All you Yankee Boys, need to lay off the Confederate Flag. Thousands of Americans died fighting for that flag. 100's were from my family. None of them were wealthy land owners, much less slave owners. They were proud of the states they lived in, and made the ultimate sacrifice, to prove their belief in their rights.

I'm glad there was a good turnout. I had previously volunteered to help with the PRS Building Skills at GRRC today.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:05 pm

I'm glad the tactical super operator quotient was low. Great weather, decent coverage on the news. Didn't quite get "The Peace Picnic ".
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BigBlue on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:17 am

BigDog58 wrote:All you Yankee Boys, need to lay off the Confederate Flag. Thousands of Americans died fighting for that flag. 100's were from my family. None of them were wealthy land owners, much less slave owners. They were proud of the states they lived in, and made the ultimate sacrifice, to prove their belief in their rights.

It might mean something to you, and that's great, but the fact is that it brings some negative publicity whenever seen these days. And from what I can tell it brings no positive value to a rally like this. So no net positive and definite negative means that it hurts us. We're in the fight of our lives for gun rights and anything that weakens that fight should be left out.

We're never going to convince the die-hard antis of our viewpoint but there are untold numbers of 'average' folks in the middle that lean that way right now that aren't far from leaning our way. We need a positive story and good facts to bring them over.

BB
BigBlue

Postby mrp on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:04 am

BigDog58 wrote:All you Yankee Boys, need to lay off the Confederate Flag. Thousands of Americans died fighting for that flag. 100's were from my family. None of them were wealthy land owners, much less slave owners. They were proud of the states they lived in, and made the ultimate sacrifice, to prove their belief in their rights..

No we do not.

Even if your family didn't "own" slaves, they sure as hell fought to protect the institution. Not only did the benefit from slavery, they were scared ******* over the prospect of slaves being freed. I don't blame them for fighting. They grew up being taught in church that slavery was ordained by god himself, and that Lincoln's election would mean the eventual end of slavery and big changes for the south. The average Joe was a product of his times and I'm not sure I'd have been any different if I'd lived their lives.

But it's 2018. Everyone who fought for the south is dead. Nobody who is waving the confederate flag around is doing it for the poor SOBs who died for the south any more than anyone who waves a Nazi flag is doing it for the poor German SOBs who died in WWII.
mrp

Postby Ghost on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:52 am

mrp wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:All you Yankee Boys, need to lay off the Confederate Flag. Thousands of Americans died fighting for that flag. 100's were from my family. None of them were wealthy land owners, much less slave owners. They were proud of the states they lived in, and made the ultimate sacrifice, to prove their belief in their rights..

No we do not.

Even if your family didn't "own" slaves, they sure as hell fought to protect the institution. Not only did the benefit from slavery, they were scared ******* over the prospect of slaves being freed. I don't blame them for fighting. They grew up being taught in church that slavery was ordained by god himself, and that Lincoln's election would mean the eventual end of slavery and big changes for the south. The average Joe was a product of his times and I'm not sure I'd have been any different if I'd lived their lives.

But it's 2018. Everyone who fought for the south is dead. Nobody who is waving the confederate flag around is doing it for the poor SOBs who died for the south any more than anyone who waves a Nazi flag is doing it for the poor German SOBs who died in WWII.

I see you had a good northern education. Yes, the civil war started because of slavery but the reason many fought wasn't slavery. Depending upon your take on the history the flag is either a symbol of pride or of something much different. The flag is also pretty much irrelevant to anything going on, on Saturday and didn't need to be there. Now if the day ever came where confiscation happened there is a potential that that battle flag will rise again.
Ghost

Postby jdege on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:58 am

Ghost wrote:All you Yankee Boys,
I see you had a good northern education. Yes, the civil war started because of slavery but the reason many fought wasn't slavery. Depending upon your take on the history the flag is either a symbol of pride or of something much different. The flag is also pretty much irrelevant to anything going on, on Saturday and didn't need to be there. Now if the day ever came where confiscation happened there is a potential that that battle flag will rise again.

Preserving slavery may not have been why most of the individual Confederate soldiers fought, but it is very much why their governments seceded, and why after having seceded they decided to start the war.
jdege

PreviousNext

Return to Other Events