Duluth News Tribune Endorses Cravaack

Firearms related political discussion forum

Duluth News Tribune Endorses Cravaack

Postby gunflint on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:35 am

This one really threw me. I live in rural Duluth and the Cravaack signs out number the Oberstar signs 10 to 1 but an endorsement from the left leaning DNT really caught me by surprise. Wow just wow.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ ... id/182080/

There’s no denying the enormous, life-changing and positive impacts U.S. Rep. Jim Oberstar has had on Northeastern Minnesota. From rescuing Eveleth Taconite to landing Cirrus Aviation for Duluth to making safe the death trap that was Minnesota Highway 8 to getting the Bong Bridge built, his list of achievements practically stretch the length of the massive, 18-county 8th Congressional District, where Oberstar has served admirably as representative since 1974.

<Article Clipped per Rules - Please follow link for whole story>
Last edited by RobD on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Article Clipped per The Rules
The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY amendment in the Bill of Rights that specifies that it shall not be infringed.
gunflint

Re: Duluth News Tribune Endorses Cravaack

Postby 45usp45 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:16 am

That is shocking and a very good sign.
islam was founded by a violent child molester.
45usp45

Postby 1911fan on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 am

He may have help your district, but he's raped the country doing it. Oberstar should have been done 10 to 20 years ago
1911fan

Postby gunflint on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 am

Just so there's no misunderstanding, the paragraph that's displayed on my post was not chosen by me. It was edited down as to comply with the new rules. If I knew what I was doing I would have chosen a different part of the article.
The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY amendment in the Bill of Rights that specifies that it shall not be infringed.
gunflint

Postby mnglocker on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:52 pm

1911fan wrote:He may have help your district, but he's raped the country doing it. Oberstar should have been done 10 to 20 years ago

Obstar doesn't own a home here in MN, he doesn't live here a majority of the year. He's the Sen. Robert Byrd of of the great white north. He has only ONE donor from MN.

Cravaack is going to destroy pOrkerstar.
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby XD/Dale on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:22 pm

mnglocker wrote:
1911fan wrote:He may have help your district, but he's raped the country doing it. Oberstar should have been done 10 to 20 years ago

Obstar doesn't own a home here in MN, he doesn't live here a majority of the year. He's the Sen. Robert Byrd of of the great white north. He has only ONE donor from MN.

I don't think you understand just how liberal northern MN is. :)
"Jesus Christ could run as a Republicain and lose." Local talk show host.
I predict future happiness for
Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the
pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
XD/Dale

Postby xd ED on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 pm

XD/Dale wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

I don't think you understand just how liberal northern MN is. :)
"Jesus Christ could run as a Republicain and lose." Local talk show host.

It's not that they're liberal-far from it; I have some iron ranger inlaws-hard working, God fearing family people who own guns, and love to hunt. But they were born into democrat families, and will vote that way until they die.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby NiftyXD on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:16 pm

It's not that they're liberal-far from it; I have some iron ranger inlaws-hard working, God fearing family people who own guns, and love to hunt. But they were born into democrat families, and will vote that way until they die.

You are very correct sir. I was born and raised on the Iron Range. I lived there for the first 22 years of my life, and have lived in the metro for almost 8 years now. Jim Oberstar was elected to office 5-6 years before I was even born. I grew up there being taught that union was end all, be all. They are very hard working, love hunting, and nearly everyone owns a gun. I haven't lived there for 7 years now and its amazing to see it from a distance just how blind they can be. They are taught that the only people that care about the people are democrats. Republicans automatically = rich elitists. The funny thing is they are VERY conservative people that live modest lives, work their ass off, but are told that the DFL is for the working man. If they sat down and looked at it they would begin to realize that they really aren't democrats at all up there. Sure a few of them are bleeding-hearts but very few are truly democrats. Fortunately they are starting to see it. Everybody was happy with the 2008 election up there, and now they are starting to see with the crap that is going on that they really don't agree with that hard-core leftist agenda. It will take a while but if you can get solid republicans that act like true conservatives I think the northland is not completely lost. It will take several years to undo whats been done there though.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. -Ronald Reagan
NiftyXD

Return to Politics