Obama to release new gun control meausres?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Obama to release new gun control meausres?

Postby 45Badger on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Re: Obama to release new gun control meausres?

Postby DeanC on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:07 pm

This is what, the 3rd or 4th time someone has announced that the Obama gun laws are about to be proposed?

Of course this would be a good time to do as it has no hope of passing the Republican controlled house. It will provide good cover for both sides to cast meaningless votes on something that will never become law.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby infidel on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:13 pm

DeanC wrote:This is what, the 3rd or 4th time someone has announced that the Obama gun laws are about to be proposed?

Of course this would be a good time to do as it has no hope of passing the Republican controlled house. It will provide good cover for both sides to cast meaningless votes on something that will never become law.

From the OP link: "The reforms, which are being crafted by the Department of Justice, come after a series of meetings with relevant stakeholders in the Second Amendment debate. But in a nod to the difficulties of getting legislation through a Republican-run House of Representatives, only executive orders or administrative actions -- and not an actual bill -- are expected to be handed to Congress"
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby 1911fan on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Deaner, the point is he is going to try to do things by executive order, bypassing the Congress. I fear for new regs for FFL's and other implementations of administrative law where regs are changed on stuff like DOT regs on shipping, etc.
1911fan

Postby DeanC on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:16 pm

infidel wrote:
DeanC wrote:This is what, the 3rd or 4th time someone has announced that the Obama gun laws are about to be proposed?

From the OP link: "The reforms, which are being crafted by the Department of Justice, come after a series of meetings with relevant stakeholders in the Second Amendment debate. But in a nod to the difficulties of getting legislation through a Republican-run House of Representatives, only executive orders or administrative actions -- and not an actual bill -- are expected to be handed to Congress"

OK, so the same old BS story for the 3rd time. :roll:

Good luck with that after the Gunwalker incident.

Is this another NRA membership drive?
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby 45Badger on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:37 pm

DeanC wrote:Is this another NRA membership drive?

On the huffington post? Very sneaky if so.............. 8-)
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby Dave Pendleton on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Normally, I ignore all the stories about B.O. and the U.N. coming for my guns.

To be honest, I am concerned about what B.O. thinks he can do via executive order. From what I've read, he is investigating some very unusual options.
Dave Pendleton

Postby autobahn on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 am

lol huffpo.

Like I've always said: where's the beef? Tons of political fearmongering and what have you with no substance. Gun control would be absolute political suicide for Obama. Nobody cares about the issue and it's only going to serve to piss people off.
autobahn

Postby jgalt on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:04 am

autobahn wrote:Gun control would be absolute political suicide for Obama. Nobody cares about the issue and it's only going to serve to piss people off.

There are lots of people who care. The problem for Obama comes from there being more opposed to his position than for it...
jgalt

Postby gunflint on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:00 am

The point about this being political suicide may be accurate however one has to wonder what the bammy would be capable of if re-elected and his political career became terminal.
The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY amendment in the Bill of Rights that specifies that it shall not be infringed.
gunflint

Postby nyffman on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:06 am

He'd do his best to bring about more rapid socialization. In which case, we, along with his political career would become terminal.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Dick Unger on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:27 am

Second term stuff. Obama will have to put on a show for the big funders, I'd bet, and second term he has nothing to lose. Like lots of Dems, he probably has no love for the NRA types, because they have always been his opposition. He'll see a 2Aer as an enemy soldier, but not an important one. Obama makes you think he cares deeply about liberal causes, in reality, he's a Chicago style politician who plays people like chess pieces. He cares about him winning the day, not the isue. It's why he's prez, and he needed no resume or even administrative expeience to get the job.

As long as gunnies make a big display of being "conservative" gunnies, instead of just gunnies, we invite this kind of attack from the whole liberal and middle camp. They can lump everyone into the tea party followers, conspiracy types, Fox and talk radio junkies etc. We're just a different clolr chess piece, to be destroyed or used to block other possible enemy moves.

Our side has to be able to celebrate individual rights without coming accross as selfish idealoges who can be written off as enemies. Don't be a big target, I think. If we were as sophisticated as Obama, we'd be on top.
Dick Unger

Postby JeremiahMN on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:14 am

If he didn't try to do something right after Gifford's shooting, I don't think it's likely he will now. You gotta give some of your base some kind of crumbs after stories like this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html
JeremiahMN

Postby jgalt on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 am

Dick Unger wrote:If we were as sophisticated as Obama...

:shock:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
jgalt

Postby ComradeBurg on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:53 am

I personally think Obama has his hands full with finished the destruction of our economy. I doubt he'll move on to doing much else until that mission is accomplished.
Check out my Truth About Guns podcast at http://truthaboutguns.com/

Also check out my blog at http://blog.christopherburg.com/
ComradeBurg

Next

Return to Politics