Rick Perry packs potential

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Rick Perry packs potential

Postby tweener on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:33 am

Scott Notaeh wrote:
1911fan wrote:Signed bill allowing non documented students (AKA ILLIEGALS ) into Texas University programs.

Will absolutely not get vote over that.

Meh. I am guessing Ron Paul would do the same.

You've got to be kidding.....Ron Paul wants to bring the troops home and put them on the mexican border....

Where do you get your information?
Never mind the typos. My keyboard is full of beer, crumbs and Dr. Peper........and .........the typo and grammer police can go to........HE..!.....no...wait a minute......California!
tweener

Postby tweener on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:35 am

Never mind the typos. My keyboard is full of beer, crumbs and Dr. Peper........and .........the typo and grammer police can go to........HE..!.....no...wait a minute......California!
tweener

Postby DeanC on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:12 am

tweener wrote:I hope none of this crap is true about Rick Perry....but me afraid some of it actually is.....

http://www.stuffedsuits.com/news/nation ... cal-herpes
http://www.stuffedsuits.com/news/national-politics/721-fraud-rick-perry-is-political-herpes

Like John Stewart said - "The Moral Majority in tri-corner hats." Not the real Tea-party.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby jdege on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 am

tweener wrote:I hope none of this crap is true about Rick Perry....but me afraid some of it actually is.....

I don't care whether he hangs out in strip clubs. I don't even care whether he's a true believer in small government principles.

I only care whether he will be an effective advocate for small government principles. Whether from conviction or from political opportunism makes no difference to me.

The old definition of an honest politician was one who stays bought. Is he someone who will adopt positions that he thinks will help him win elections, and then drop them in favor of his own agenda the moment he gets into office, or is he someone who will adopt positions that he thinks will help him win elections, and then advocate for those positions once he's in office?

I don't know. But that's the only question that matters to me, and that bundle of accusations doesn't address it one way or the other.
jdege

Postby traveler on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:09 am

That there is the potential that he might have shaken hands with Al Gore in his lifetime would preclude me from voting for him — ever.

Progressing through the various levels of politics creates, at best, well-intentioned monsters. We would be far better off, I believe, selecting a President by a nation-wide lottery. Buy a $1 ticket and take your chances.
Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
traveler

Postby Scott Notaeh on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:10 am

tweener wrote:
Scott Notaeh wrote:
1911fan wrote:Signed bill allowing non documented students (AKA ILLIEGALS ) into Texas University programs.

Will absolutely not get vote over that.

Meh. I am guessing Ron Paul would do the same.

You've got to be kidding.....Ron Paul wants to bring the troops home and put them on the mexican border....

Where do you get your information?

Don't see where we were discussing border security.

The university is just a business. Businesses should be allowed to sell their product to anyone they want. If a private university wants to sell their online class to someone in Spain, why is there an issue? Should I be required to check your papers before selling you a coke? The only reason there is a difference with these "public" universities is due to subsidies. Ron Paul is against all subsidies last I checked.
Scott Notaeh

Postby RobD on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Bradys are after him now:

I'm sorry, Gov. Perry, I didn't quite catch what you said...

Dear Rob,

Is this the type of President the American public wants?

When asked if he was armed on the campaign trail, Texas Governor Rick Perry smiled and replied, "That’s why it’s called concealed."

Stop this extremism before it reaches
the White House!

The Republican primary campaign has hardly begun and already it is being dominated by extremists. None as scary as Rick Perry who brazenly carries weapons — concealed and revealed. Even on the campaign trail!

Only an egotistical extremist would carry a loaded weapon into a crowd — encouraging others to do so.

Is this where America is headed? Is this the America you want for our nation’s children?

Polls prove over and over again that Americans support sensible gun laws and don’t want guns in public places. Our goal is for our elected officials to reflect the will of the American people, not the "guns everywhere" ideologues.

Please help us with a donation today to stop gun extremists before it is too late.

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby traveler on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Only an egotistical extremist would carry a loaded weapon into a crowd — encouraging others to do so.

Police = egotistical extremists
FBI = egotistical extremists
Secret Service = egotistical extremists

Got it. That validates all of my fears. :roll:

Does Sarah Brady, and her gang of ideological thugs who are addicted to prohibitionism (I think I got all the important metaphores in there :mrgreen: ) think these things out before they post them?
Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
traveler

Postby jgalt on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:13 pm

traveler wrote:

Police = egotistical extremists
FBI = egotistical extremists
Secret Service = egotistical extremists

Got it. That validates all of my fears. :roll:

Does Sarah Brady, and her gang of ideological thugs who are addicted to prohibitionism (I think I got all the important metaphores in there :mrgreen: ) think these things out before they post them?

That's irrelevant - they know their supporters won't think critically about their drivel, so why take the time?
jgalt

Re: Rick Perry lacks potential

Postby Heffay on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Brady Campaign: "Perry is running for president! Blood in the streets! Think of the children!"

---> Ka-ching!

NRA: "Obama is president! Knocking on doors to seize your guns! Think of the children!"

---> Ka-ching!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Re: Rick Perry lacks potential

Postby jdege on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Heffay wrote:Brady Campaign: "Perry is running for president! Blood in the streets! Think of the children!"

---> Ka-ching!

NRA: "Obama is president! Knocking on doors to seize your guns! Think of the children!"

---> Ka-ching!

I'd really love for the Democrat Party to recover enough sanity that I could go back to hating both parties equally, again, but I'm afraid I don't see any signs of it happening soon...
jdege

Postby mrp on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:57 pm

jdege wrote:

I don't care whether he hangs out in strip clubs. I don't even care whether he's a true believer in small government principles.

I only care whether he will be an effective advocate for small government principles. Whether from conviction or from political opportunism makes no difference to me.

You give him too much credit. He's neither a believer nor an advocate.
mrp

Postby jdege on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 pm

mrp wrote:
jdege wrote:I only care whether he will be an effective advocate for small government principles. Whether from conviction or from political opportunism makes no difference to me.

You give him too much credit. He's neither a believer nor an advocate.

I'm not giving him any credit at all. All I've done is to explain the criteria I'll be judging him by. I've way too little information about him to make a judgement, as of yet.

To date, all I really know about him is that he's good at getting the MSM to spin off in rants about the "crazy" things he says, in a way that focuses discussion on issues that matter. (Unlike, for example, Bachmann, who's "crazy" things seem to cause the MSM to spin off in directions that don't.)
jdege

Postby photogpat on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:24 am

http://is.gd/Wu0QC7

"He also packs a concealed .380 Ruger loaded with deadly hollow-point bullets, fully equipped with a laser-sight for precise killing. (What, you don't?)"

"deadly" hollow point bullets... :roll: :lol: at least he didn't call them "dum dums"
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby DeanC on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:37 am

Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

PreviousNext

Return to Politics