Romney tax returns

Firearms related political discussion forum

Romney tax returns

Postby grousemaster on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Now that they have been released, you wonder what the big deal is. The most striking line item on his taxes is $7 million in charitable donations over the last 2 years. That's a ton of cash to be giving away.....no matter what side of the aisle you are on you can't deny that is extremely generous.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Re: Romney tax returns

Postby antimatter on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:17 pm

grousemaster wrote:Now that they have been released, you wonder what the big deal is. The most striking line item on his taxes is $7 million in charitable donations over the last 2 years. That's a ton of cash to be giving away.....no matter what side of the aisle you are on you can't deny that is extremely generous.

Isn't a 10% tithe standard for LDS members?
antimatter

Postby Heffay on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:54 pm

He is STEALING FROM GOD!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby DeanC on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Pretty cool that he's in the same tax bracket as me and none of his kids live at home. I guess we already have that flat tax!
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Eric Marleau on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Having our taxes done this weekend.
Wife never lets me buy any guns with our returns :cry: :cry:
Then women wonder why most of us only pay with cash at Wolf's Den :booyah: :booyah: :rotf: :rotf:

Eric
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Life Member
Eric Marleau

Postby nyffman on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:13 am

What sticks out to me in this whole debate over Romney's tax returns is the reason that this is even an issue. Obama has set things up so that he is one of the "evil rich guys". Not so long ago, in 1974, the tax return of Nelson Rockefeller was also a campaign issue.

Korologos still remembers what Rockefeller, the grandson of America's richest man, told him when he started the vetting.

"I've got something to worry about," grimaced Rockefeller.

The former New York governor, Korologos soon learned, didn't want to publicly reveal his personal financial picture.

"His concern," the vetter discovered, "was that when it became public, he wasn't going to be as rich as everybody thought he was."

Now, there's some change you can believe in. :roll:
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Return to Politics