So...what are the odds of these bills becoming law?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: So...what are the odds of these bills becoming law?

Postby bigbad401 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 pm

And by Obama coming with the agenda of guns makes it a no brainer.
bigbad401

Postby Hmac on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:04 pm

911scanner wrote:[

Why? Prove it, you say. Add 2+2.... It's no freaking coincidence that BHO is coming to MN the week the House/Senate conferences are going on to talk about gun control.

Now think about it. Do you need anything more than a brain to figure this one out? I don't need a source from somewhere to tell me this is stinky all the way up.

Doesn't matter whom you like, this is the gun grabbers making hay while they can.

Absolutely. BHO is coming to a midwestern (non-East Coast) state with a very strong hunting tradition, a Democratic majority in both houses and a democratic governor who is certain to sign any gun control bill placed in front of him. And just such a bill, a highly aggressive bill, is pretty much polished up and ready to go in a short time frame that would add significant momentum to his efforts. The stars are aligned for Obama's best shot at a big win for his gun control agenda.
Last edited by Hmac on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmac

Postby EagleStorm on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 am

Just sent another round of e-mails from both my accounts...I wonder if they're even checking e-mails at this point.
EagleStorm

Postby damian_mb on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 pm

We pay for him to come here and then he comes here to try and disarm us.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trollin!!
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby Cavscout on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:08 pm

I would say "high cap" magazines are GONE.

AWB, probably not, but even that will take a good fight.

Amy Klob already seems on board for both of those from the email I just got from her.

Registration and no private transfers and all transfer reported (and recorded) to local LE will both possibly pass.

Anyone saying otherwise is trying to make you lax. Well, you about to lose $100's worth of magazines, at the least.

If you turn them in, I'm sure there is NO reimbursement.
Cavscout

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:51 am

Cavscout wrote:I would say "high cap" magazines are GONE.

AWB, probably not, but even that will take a good fight.

Amy Klob already seems on board for both of those from the email I just got from her.

Registration and no private transfers and all transfer reported (and recorded) to local LE will both possibly pass.

Anyone saying otherwise is trying to make you lax. Well, you about to lose $100's worth of magazines, at the least.

If you turn them in, I'm sure there is NO reimbursement.

IF the mag ban passes and we have to turn them in with no compensation, there WILL be people suing the government for "illegal takings"...5th amendment violation.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby EagleStorm on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:23 am

It seems like things hang in the balance of rural Dems now...
EagleStorm

Postby damian_mb on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:
IF the mag ban passes and we have to turn them in with no compensation, there WILL be people suing the government for "illegal takings"...5th amendment violation.

What Amendment.....They all have been thrown out the window already, sorry to break it to you.

I foresee the bills being passes, but they will be buried under other bills just like obamacare had an ish ton of other bills within it
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby Hmac on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:IF the mag ban passes and we have to turn them in with no compensation, there WILL be people suing the government for "illegal takings"...5th amendment violation.

Agreed. AFAIK, magazine confiscation without reimbursement is a concept that hasn't been tested.
Hmac

Previous

Return to Politics