Live capitol feed today?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Live capitol feed today?

Postby westhope on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Here is a link of the meeting I just started to watch. I think it is from the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7KJt0tl ... e=youtu.be
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby damian_mb on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Paul wrote:
damian_mb wrote:
Mn01r6 wrote:I didn't get to watch the whole thing streaming, but from what I saw the grabbers got absolutely smoked. Police chiefs asking for unconstitutional powers, depriving depressed people and those that drank a few too many beers from ever hunting again without spending thousands appealing the automatic gun ban...It made some strange bedfellows. GOCRA was testifying alongside NAMI about how misguided these bills were. It was awesome.

Doesn't surprise me, that coming from cops or a Police Chiefs. :roll:

Please don't lump all cops into that group... Don't forget about the Deputy that testified on our behalf. Also remember that chiefs and sheriffs are often playing politics.... They don't necessarily portray an accurate representation of the average peace officer out there.

I apologize, yes I did not mean to lump all cops into one category.
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby Evad on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 pm

westhope wrote:Here is a link of the meeting I just started to watch. I think it is from the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7KJt0tl ... e=youtu.be

Thanks! I tried the feeds and couldn't get them earlier.
Evad

Postby goda0301 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 pm

i agree we dominated this hearing... HOWEVER it doesnt matter what we think, the dems will believe that they won, L.E.O's 99% of them are on there side and the media isnt going to score this the way we see it. WE must double down on the emails and calls. does anyone have guess on the attendance total?

but even more important is SHOW UP in PERSON. you bet your ass those creaps in the dfl house we peaking out the windows looking at all the people that showed up in force.
goda0301

Postby XDM45 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Will there be feeds of the 6pm meeting too and will those who went to this morning's meeting go ti as well? (I hope so.)
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Live capitol feed today?

Postby Sledaddict82 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm heading down on Thursday morning. How early should I plan on getting there? I'd obviously like to get as close as possible to the hearing.

Glad to see that today went so well in our favor. Hopefully the next few days go just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
~Clint Eastwood
Sledaddict82

Postby jshuberg on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 pm

How many people were in the overflow rooms? I was in room 10 and don't have any idea how many of "us" there were there.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby jdege on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:33 pm

jshuberg wrote:How many people were in the overflow rooms? I was in room 10 and don't have any idea how many of "us" there were there.

They moved the chairs forward, in 181, to make standing room, and had filled the room to the point that there simply wasn't room for more - and there were still 100+ in the halls.
jdege

Postby jdege on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Sledaddict82 wrote:Glad to see that today went so well in our favor. Hopefully the next few days go just as well.

Packing the rooms to publicly disapprove, when the pol's decide to screw us over, isn't something I'd exactly describe as going in our favor.
jdege

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:42 pm

jdege wrote:
Sledaddict82 wrote:Glad to see that today went so well in our favor. Hopefully the next few days go just as well.

Packing the rooms to publicly disapprove, when the pol's decide to screw us over, isn't something I'd exactly describe as going in our favor.

It's a show of force! When the general public packs the room, packs the overflow room, and what's left over has to stand in the hallways...THAT sends a message..."We are here and we VOTE!" I guarantee you that the politicians noticed. Any one of them that plans to run for reelection will certainly take note.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby XDM45 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:11 pm

I'm sick as a dog since Friday, home today and back to work tomorrow; so I was able to catch the news at Noon. Channel 5 stated that 500 people were there, so I'm curious about a few things:

1) How many people were there?

2) How many of those people are on our side (pro-gun)?

3) Who was heard from more? the pro or anti crowd?

4) Is there a YouTube video out there of fellow Minnesotan's sharing their opinion on these proposed asinine bills? If not, we need one and it needs to go viral on YouTube as well as be posted on GOCRA's website as well as the URL sent to all politicians.

I wish to heck I could be there, but I'm one sick puppy and so all I can do is call and email the politicians and encourage everyone I know to do the same.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby jdege on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:It's a show of force! When the general public packs the room, packs the overflow room, and what's left over has to stand in the hallways...THAT sends a message..."We are here and we VOTE!" I guarantee you that the politicians noticed. Any one of them that plans to run for reelection will certainly take note.

True. But what I'd call "going in our favor" is that when some advisor suggested that screwing with the fundamental rights of the citizenry might be a solution to the problem, the pol would stare at him in amazement, and tell him if he ever mentioned such an idea again, he'd be out on the street.

H. Beam Piper wrote:"Wilbur Whately," he began, "this court is proud to announce that you have been unanimously acquitted of the charge of political irresponsibility, and of unjustified and excessive atrocity.

"There was one dissenting vote on acquitting you of the charge of political irresponsibility; one of the associate judges felt that the late unmitigated scoundrel, Austin Maverick, ought to have been skinned alive, an inch at a time. You are, however, acquitted of that charge, too.

"You all know," he continued, addressing the entire assemblage, "the reason for which this young hero cut down that monster of political iniquity, S. Austin Maverick. On the very morning of his justly-merited death, Austin Maverick, using the powers of his political influence, rammed through the Finance and Revenue Committee a bill entitled 'An Act for the Taxing of Personal Incomes, and for the Levying of a Withholding Tax.' Fellow citizens, words fail me to express my horror of this diabolic proposition, this proposed instrument of tyrannical extortion, borrowed from the Dark Ages of the Twentieth Century! Why, if this young nobleman had not taken his blade in hand, I'd have killed the sonofabitch, myself!"

He leaned forward, extending the belt and holsters to the defendant.

"I therefore restore to you your weapons, taken from you when, in compliance with the law, you were formally arrested. Buckle them on, and, assuming your weapons again, go forth from this court a free man, Wilbur Whately. And take with you that machete with which you vindicated the liberties and rights of all New Texans. Bear it reverently to your home, hang it among your lares and penates, cherish it, and dying, mention it within your will, bequeathing it as a rich legacy unto your issue! Court adjourned; next session 0900 tomorrow. For Chrissake, let's get out of here before the barbecue's over!"
jdege

Postby cigartim on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm

CarRacer wrote:The hearing room audience

https://twitter.com/Hartbeat11/status/298829279205130241

Hey, I'm in that pic. I'm the one wearing the pro 2A buttons :lol: .
cigartim

Postby photogpat on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:26 pm

I just got back to a computer where I can sit down and coherently put my thoughts down.

WHAT A TURNOUT!!!

There had to have easily been 800+ #2A supporters there this morning. My apologies to those of you who were not able to get seats (not that I could have controlled it). The media, Capitol Security and most importantly the Legislators all took note of just how many of us there were --- and it MATTERED!! Our opponents had, maybe, 50 people there total. They were not organized, and not ready for our turnout.

Now, if we can keep this momentum going through Thursday.

For the doubters - numerous uniformed LEO's were present (not Chiefs) and they all voiced their support in OPPOSITION of the bills in conversations with GOCRA members. We have testifiers from Law Enforcement on deck for this evening and tomorrow. Rest assured, Chiefs don't speak for the rank and file -- and that was apparent today.

We also had plenty of conversations with the anti's that were present -- polite, respectful conversations. They had NOT been well-informed by their leadership about the bills, and about what some of the consequences of the bills would be to their fellow Minnesotans. One woman was shocked to learn her M1 Carbine collecting husband would become a felon since there is no carve out this time for Curios & Relics.

All in all -- a good morning. I can only hope we get stronger as the week goes on!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks for the update, sounds awesome! Like many of us, I really want to be there, so thanks for the insight everyone...
Thunder71

PreviousNext

Return to Politics